[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Going Caddyshack postal....

SteelBunz

Grrrrrrrr......I have a chipmunk behind my front concrete stoop!!

He's gotten back there and keeps scratching at the sill plate above the foundation.

This has sort of been going on since summer......I've chased him off several times and tried blocking up the little hole he keeps digging. I've looked in the basement at the foundation/sill.....he hasn't come through or anything. I'm sure he/she is just making a nice warm bunker. But I'm kicking him out! :D

Sitting in the living room.....he's loud.......the little bastage!! :wacko:

So.....against my better judgment......lol.....any suggestions from Huddlers? That do NOT involve explosives or blowing up my house? :D

Edited by SteelBunz

Have you entertained the idea of inviting the poor little creature in for dinner and letting the dogs take care of the problem?

Ya know... chipmunks are people too. I'm sure if you had a talk with it you could get 'em to quiet down a bit.

:D

The dogs caught and killed a squirrel during the last snowstorm. :wacko: And 2 chipmunks last summer.

I'm trying to discourage that sort of behavior. :D

Honestly.......I love chipmunks. But this one simply has to pull up stakes and move!! He's mocking me. :D

Think I'll ask my neighbor if he still has his squirrel traps. Squirrels were eating his tomatoes a few years ago......lol.

I didn't know squirrels ate tomatoes. :D

Why do I have this really weird feeling that THIS chipmunk will prove to be clever? Where's that Kenny Loggins tape? Wait......do I even still have a tape player? :wacko: Maybe Grunge is right. This could be a gold mine!

you can get a hav-a-hart trap for roughly $50. If you relocate the chipmunk, make sure you move it at least 10 miles.

It's a chipmunk for God's sake! Shoot the MF and the problem is solved once and for all for a $0.02 .22 round. I used to kill 20 or more a summer at my Grandparents farm and there were always plenty more for next year.

A gun is so...uncivilized. You gotta sneak up behind it and place the middle finger and thumb around it's little neck. Use your other hand to brush it down it's little striped back which will help ease the nervousness as you choke the life out of it's little body. Usually singing soft lullabies will also calm the beast down. Now, if there is a family down there and you get good at it, the best thing to do is haunt it's dreams, make it scream and beg for a quick death, and it WILL strangle it's own self to end the pain and misery. This is truly the most pleasing way to kill something. Now, I can't tell you how to haunt it's dreams, but there are literally hundreds of ways to do it and most are satisfying to the nth degree.

This works with most animals and is much more civilized than simply shooting it's head off with an overblown gun, which any dummy can do.

It's a chipmunk for God's sake! Shoot the MF and the problem is solved once and for all for a $0.02 .22 round. I used to kill 20 or more a summer at my Grandparents farm and there were always plenty more for next year.

That was going to be my suggestion.

$50??? 10 miles?? :wacko:

Oh come on. You saying he's gonna "find his way home" from.....a mile away? If he does that.....I'll call him a pet. :D

The trap isn't a use once kind of trap. It's something you buy and can reuse over and over, and it will trap the critter without hurting him.

He will find his way back from a mile away.

Think I'll ask my neighbor if he still has his squirrel traps. Squirrels were eating his tomatoes a few years ago......lol.

I didn't know squirrels ate tomatoes. :D

Yes, and what's worse is the little bastages just take one bite and leave it there to rot. :wacko:

you can get a hav-a-hart trap for roughly $50. If you relocate the chipmunk, make sure you move it at least 10 miles.

Or if you are not a good shot, they make it that much easier to shoot them. We trap coons all the time because they eat quail and turkey eggs as well as make deer skittish. One we trap them, we will usually just shoot them with a .22 in the brain. Sometimes we will take them to a wide open space, let them go and use them for target practice with our pistols.

Get a live trap, bait it with peanut butter. You'll have the critter in no time. What you decide to do with it then is sup to you.

Fixed

$50??? 10 miles?? :wacko:

Oh come on. You saying he's gonna "find his way home" from.....a mile away? If he does that.....I'll call him a pet. :D

A one way trip on Southwest would be cheaper. :D

We had some critter in the garage a few weeks ago. Tried the standard mouse trap baited w/ peanut butter. Dam thing was stealing the peanut butter w/o setting off the trap. :D We got one of these traps..., problem solved. Not sure if they are too small for chippers though.

Since I don't own a gun :wacko: the $50 trap would be less expensive......lol.

And I don't do well with killing anything. :D Even if it's already half dead or a goner.....ask Sky. While he was here, a couple bluejays were chasing each other. One accidentally divebombed into my garden. Broke his neck, flapping around. I couldn't kill him even then....I put him in the front garden for a stray cat to finish off. :D

Since I don't own a gun :wacko: the $50 trap would be less expensive......lol.

And I don't do well with killing anything. :D Even if it's already half dead or a goner.....ask Sky. While he was here, a couple bluejays were chasing each other. One accidentally divebombed into my garden. Broke his neck, flapping around. I couldn't kill him even then....I put him in the front garden for a stray cat to finish off. :D

:D I'll bet little blue jay was very thankful you set him out to be mauled by a cat after he broke his neck.