[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ellen

Missoula Griz

She is just Killin idol. The show is kinda lame this year to begin with, but she is even worse than Paula. I have a hard time even looking at her. She tries to act like she knows the music, but it comes off really lame.

I have not ranted in awhile.

Carry on.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She is just Killin idol. The show is kinda lame this year to begin with, but she is even worse than Paula. I have a hard time even looking at her. She tries to act like she knows the music, but it comes off really lame.

I have not ranted in awhile.

Carry on.

By far the worst season ever. Not only are the singers absolutely horrible, the judges are off their game as well. This will be the last or next to last year for this show. Kind of a shame, one of the very few shows we can watch as a family.

By far the worst season ever. Not only are the singers absolutely horrible, the judges are off their game as well. This will be the last or next to last year for this show. Kind of a shame, one of the very few shows we can watch as a family.

No way this will be the last or next to last. If the show starts to fail won't Obama take it over and have the govt run it and save it from failure?

Sorry for the hijack. :wacko:

Ellen is useless. Once simon leaves this show is going to be in serious trouble. Maybe they can replace him with someone but i can't think of who that might be.

Yes, for a non-Idol watcher it's got to be Ellen that's taking it down. Not the fact that it was ghey in the first place.

:oldrazz:

Fer chrissakes, watch something manly. Like cooking show competitions or something. :wacko:

Edited by CaP'N GRuNGe

she hasn't added anything to the show imo. thus far she has been very serious in her critiques, largely reiterating what has already been said. even last season i felt having 4 judges is too much and with the 4th judge being ellen and being totally predictable, it drags down the show. at least with paula you never knew what kind of stoned/drunk rant you were going to get.

i think it's a year for the ladies. look for crystal to take home the gold.

Watched some last night for the first time in weeks, I totally agree. A few cringeworthy moments from Ellen and Kara, then some guy who kept saying "I rocks the onesie", and I switched to Office reruns. I may check back in if any of the final 12 are really good.

Paula was an insane train wreck. Ellen would be better if she had more of the "fine line between sexy and scary" kind of comments like from Hollywood week. Doesn't seem to be adding much to the show right now though.

Kara is greatly improved over last year however. Finally, she can say something other than "its not the right song for you" in her critique. Gawd that got old last season.

The talent this year does seem to be lacking overall however. They could cut 5 and 5 this week and be perfectly fine.

Yes, for a non-Idol watcher it's got to be Ellen that's taking it down. Not the fact that it was ghey in the first place.

:oldrazz:

Typical...what's worse than calling this ghey is hanging out in the very thread you call ghey. As I said, it is a good family show. You are seriously an idiot.

ellen seems insecure in her opinions, which leads her to mostly just parrot what the other judges said. she's had a few good comments, but overall, yeah, she's not adding anything at all.

some of the girls this season are really strong. but the guys are a friggin joke. that leo dewise guy was probably the best last night, and he wasn't even that good. I like that guy with the mullet though, he has a really cool voice. all the rest of them suck.

boxersox and that lilly girl are my favorites so far on the girls side, and overall.

oh and I still can't believe I actually watch this show. :wacko:

oh and I still can't believe I actually watch this show. :wacko:

+1, I mean that I can't believe that I actually watch the show. It is one of the few shows that we all sit together and watch. Then we can talk about the performers as if we are the judges.

So far as Ellen goes, meh! She is nothing special but I don't think that she is killing the show. She is showing that she is not confident in her opinions and I think she just needs to get over that and give it from her perspective. I almost always think that Simon is dead on and just tells it the way it is, yet the rest of them all get soft and flip flop around. Ellen is no worse than the other two. She would be way better if she would just be funny when she says that she liked or disliked what she just heard.

I agree with everything in here. Worst season by far. Ellen sucks, Simon looks bored, singers are horrible singers. I was reading an article the other day (don't remember where I saw it) and they were saying the TV mix was different than what we are hearing on stage. I just hear alot of bad singing and performances (there is no spark to any of these) compared to other years.

I honestly don't watch this show. Never have......lol. But I'd have to say that IF you are a judge on a show that is judging singing talent, you should at least be 'in the business'. Not just show business......but the music industry.

Ellen isn't going to work....neither will Stern. Just being some celebrity making quips, nasty or otherwise, isn't going to be the ticket to saving this show.

JMHO :wacko:

HARSH...man the judges just killed DiDi...wasn't great by any stretch but she has a really nice and different sounding voice...my favs for the girls are Crystal, Lily and DiDi....overall this season is not close to being on par talent wise with past years.

and the next girl up murdered Arms wide open by Creed...lets see what the judges have to say about this one

Edited by keggerz

I agree with everything in here. Worst season by far. Ellen sucks, Simon looks bored, singers are horrible singers. I was reading an article the other day (don't remember where I saw it) and they were saying the TV mix was different than what we are hearing on stage. I just hear alot of bad singing and performances (there is no spark to any of these) compared to other years.

totally agree with all of this.

the only sparks for me are Bowsersox and Lilly and maybe the long blond dude and the thick black glasses dude

Simon looks/sounds like he already left, Kara thinks she's intelligent, Ellen should just be a comedian and the Dawg looks lost.

Weird as it sounds, I think the show in general misses Paula's public intoxication.

HARSH...man the judges just killed DiDi...wasn't great by any stretch but she has a really nice and different sounding voice...my favs for the girls are Crystal, Lily and DiDi....overall this season is not close to being on par talent wise with past years.

and the next girl up murdered Arms wide open by Creed...lets see what the judges have to say about this one

My wife and I both thought DiDi was good both weeks, but, the judges ripped her.