[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

WOW! Well, there goes any respect I had for tea party activists...

SEC=UGA

Though Palin, who was McCain’s vice presidential candidate in 2008 and is eyeing a run for the GOP presidential nomination, earned the most votes when respondents were asked who they’d like to see win the presidency in 2012 — followed by Paul and Rep. Paul Ryan of Wisconsin — more than half of respondents declined to name a preference, citing either a desire to focus on the midterms or ambivalence about the field of prospective Republican candidates.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0310/34363_Page2.html

Are you freaking kidding me?!?!?!?!?!?!

This woman is a dolt, a simpering moron. She got her ass handed to her, not one time, not twice, but consistently during debates and interviews. And, that was even done by those who one would not put forth as beacons of intellectual prowess.

She has no comprehension of world events or history and no understanding of the interconnectedness of the world governments/economies. If she weren't attractive she'd be the barefoot, pregnant wife of coastal Alaskan fish monger or serving whisky shots to truckers in the Alaskan wilds, or possibly servicing them for 20 spots after she got off of her shift at the local shoe show... NTTAWWT, the world needs semi-literate breeders and crab infested harlots, too. But c'mon, we're talking about going from that to the presidency...

How this woman has any cache left is beyond me. I mean, seriously, will someone, anyone, please freaking explain the logic that goes into supporting this quirky, cutesy, backstop as the next leader of the free world? Am I missing something? Am I completely off base in regard to her lack of mental faculties? Did these people not see what I saw during debates and interviews, did they have the TV volume turned off, were they unable to read the quotes in the NY Times or WSJ because they couldn't afford the internet that month? I mean, christ, what the hell is wrong with these people?!?!?!?!?!?

Though Palin, who was McCain’s vice presidential candidate in 2008 and is eyeing a run for the GOP presidential nomination, earned the most votes when respondents were asked who they’d like to see win the presidency in 2012 — followed by Paul and Rep. Paul Ryan of Wisconsinmore than half of respondents declined to name a preference, citing either a desire to focus on the midterms or ambivalence about the field of prospective Republican candidates.

I've been to a few Tea Party events, and there are some people that like Palin, but the majority do not think she should be the conservative candidate, which your own post and link reiterates.

I've been to a few Tea Party events, and there are some people that like Palin, but the majority do not think she should be the conservative candidate, which your own post and link reiterates.

But, if one extrapolates from the survey taken, when forced to decide at the ballot box, it appears that the majority of the votes to any candidate from tea partiers could swing in the direction of Mrs. Palin. And that is what is greatly disturbing to me.

Also, the fact the support shown for the others mentioned is equally as troubling.

Asked to rate on a 10-point scale the extent a series of conservative figures embodied the principles underpinning the tea party movement, respondents gave the highest grades to flame-throwing media personalities including Glenn Beck (who earned the highest average ranking: 8.4), Michelle Malkin and Andrew Breitbart above conservative Republican stalwarts who have actively courted tea party support, including Sen. Jim DeMint of South Carolina (who scored an average rating of 7.9), Rep. Michele Bachmann of Minnesota (7.8) and former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin (7.5).

Edited by SEC=UGA

I agree, every syllable written or spoken about Palin in any context other than past tense, an unfortunate episode, a desperation VP candidate in a campaign that was doomed either way, is not good for the GOP. She is a joke, and I don't see her having any shot at the nomination even in a weak field.

But, if one extrapolates from the survey taken, when forced to decide at the ballot box, it appears that the majority of the votes to any candidate from tea partiers could swing in the direction of Mrs. Palin. And that is what is greatly disturbing to me.

Also, the fact the support shown for the others mentioned is equally as troubling.

Asked to rate on a 10-point scale the extent a series of conservative figures embodied the principles underpinning the tea party movement, respondents gave the highest grades to flame-throwing media personalities including Glenn Beck (who earned the highest average ranking: 8.4), Michelle Malkin and Andrew Breitbart above conservative Republican stalwarts who have actively courted tea party support, including Sen. Jim DeMint of South Carolina (who scored an average rating of 7.9), Rep. Michele Bachmann of Minnesota (7.8) and former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin (7.5).

As far as media, they like Beck, Malkin and Breitbart as much for what they choose to cover than for anything else. There is no doubt that Beck is a showman but he chooses to cover issues that are important to conservatives, which is more than I can say for most of the MSM. I don't see Beck, Malkin or Breitbart running for office any more than I see Rachel Maddow or Keith Olbermann. Do you? Personally I think Beck is ape chit crazy but I do like the material he covers the few times I've watched him. I've actually started watching him a little more as he is on about the time I do cardio at the gym and I started working out again. Anyway I wouldn't read to much into it.

Right now what you are seeing it support for people who are proclaiming conservative principles and calling progressive shams, what they are. For what it is worth many are souring on Palin because of her support of McCain and a few other "moderate" Republicans in upcoming elections.

As far as media, they like Beck, Malkin and Breitbart as much for what they choose to cover than for anything else. There is no doubt that Beck is a showman but he chooses to cover issues that are important to conservatives, which is more than I can say for most of the MSM. I don't see Beck, Malkin or Breitbart running for office any more than I see Rachel Maddow or Keith Olbermann. Do you? Personally I think Beck is ape chit crazy but I do like the material he covers the few times I've watched him. I've actually started watching him a little more as he is on about the time I do cardio at the gym and I started working out again. Anyway I wouldn't read to much into it.

Right now what you are seeing it support for people who are proclaiming conservative principles and calling progressive shams, what they are. For what it is worth many are souring on Palin because of her support of McCain and a few other "moderate" Republicans in upcoming elections.

I guess that is somewhat what I was getting at in a slow and confusing manner. The only politician that rates higher than Palin is not currently a presidential hopeful. So, of those who are presidential hopefuls Palin most "embodies" the character and values of tea party activists. Maybe I'm over reacting, but, damn, that is an indictment on many of the tea party activists.

What ever happened to Bobby Jindal? Ever since that one speech (Republican response) he gave last year he has disappeared.

They found out he doesn't eat beef and he worships funny looking gods... :wacko:

Though Palin, who was McCain’s vice presidential candidate in 2008 and is eyeing a run for the GOP presidential nomination, earned the most votes when respondents were asked who they’d like to see win the presidency in 2012 — followed by Paul and Rep. Paul Ryan of Wisconsin — more than half of respondents declined to name a preference, citing either a desire to focus on the midterms or ambivalence about the field of prospective Republican candidates.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0310/34363_Page2.html

Are you freaking kidding me?!?!?!?!?!?!

This woman is a dolt, a simpering moron. She got her ass handed to her, not one time, not twice, but consistently during debates and interviews. And, that was even done by those who one would not put forth as beacons of intellectual prowess.

She has no comprehension of world events or history and no understanding of the interconnectedness of the world governments/economies. If she weren't attractive she'd be the barefoot, pregnant wife of coastal Alaskan fish monger or serving whisky shots to truckers in the Alaskan wilds, or possibly servicing them for 20 spots after she got off of her shift at the local shoe show... NTTAWWT, the world needs semi-literate breeders and crab infested harlots, too. But c'mon, we're talking about going from that to the presidency...

How this woman has any cache left is beyond me. I mean, seriously, will someone, anyone, please freaking explain the logic that goes into supporting this quirky, cutesy, backstop as the next leader of the free world? Am I missing something? Am I completely off base in regard to her lack of mental faculties? Did these people not see what I saw during debates and interviews, did they have the TV volume turned off, were they unable to read the quotes in the NY Times or WSJ because they couldn't afford the internet that month? I mean, christ, what the hell is wrong with these people?!?!?!?!?!?

We elected George W. Bush.

Twice.

:wacko:

Jindal once claimed to have participated in an exorcism.

I kid you not.

Who the hell in Louisiana hasn't? The whole state is full of witch doctors and voodoo. Just last month, rajncajn tried to steal my soul.

Who the hell in Louisiana hasn't? The whole state is full of witch doctors and voodoo. Just last month, rajncajn tried to steal my soul.

The joke was on him as Squeegie already laid claim to it along with Muck's weiner.

That's going to be one strange frankenstein mofo she's putting together. All she needs now is my haircut.

I mean, seriously, will someone, anyone, please freaking explain the logic that goes into supporting this quirky, cutesy, backstop as the next leader of the free world?

Pretty much what I've been wondering since 2008. There has to be an explanation but I don't know what it is.

I don't get what Tea party folks and sundry GOP can't see. The fact that the person in front of you is demonstrably an idiot of the first magnitude isn't changed by their politics.

Pretty much what I've been wondering since 2008. There has to be an explanation but I don't know what it is.

I don't get what Tea party folks and sundry GOP can't see. The fact that the person in front of you is demonstrably an idiot of the first magnitude isn't changed by their politics.

Doesn't the fact that she's an attractive woman count for anything?

:D:D:D

Having respect for Tea Party activists . . .:wacko:

Stuff like this doesnt exactly garner respect . . .

There will be a few loose screws in every group. Most I know would have tried to have that man pick a more appropriate sign, and tried to distance themselves from him if he didn't. I'm not surprised that the news/sites you visit show this type of minority and try to paint it as the majority.

I think that most people like her as a person but don't really take her seriously as a candidate. As more viable GOP candidates come out of the woodwork you'll see her get further and further down the list. I, for one, don't see her as a candidate I would vote for. However, I think the vicious attacks on her by the left are over the top and unwarranted. It's quite ridiculous to see lefties start frothing at the mouth every time her name is brought up.

I don't see how anyone can take her seriously as a candidate. I'd like to see Paul Ryan run, though.

Edited by tosberg34

However, I think the vicious attacks on her by the left are over the top and unwarranted. It's quite ridiculous to see lefties start frothing at the mouth every time her name is brought up.

Uh, she is a divisive political figure that was the GOP VP candidate last year. How many posts have you made complaining about vicious attacks on Hilary, Nancy, or Zobama for that matter?