[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

McNabb traded to the Redskins

Menudo

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Synder, as usual, is funnier w/his stupidity (although I admit I wonder what part if any Shanny played). A 2d rounder isn't TOO bad, but McNabb is old, injury prone, and not a rushing threat any more. And it's not like the Skins are a QB away from a ring.

I just wish I had millions to piss away on a regular basis like Snyder does :wacko:

I really feel like Jason Campbell has been getting a raw deal from Washington since damn near the day he was drafted...I'm not saying he's a future MVP or anything but considering the constant state of mayhem that's going on with that franchise, he's done a pretty credible job.

Read my lips. Charlie Foxtrot. That's what the skins are this year. They may be better under Shanny in the future, but right now they are a complete Charlie Foxtrot.

I really feel like Jason Campbell has been getting a raw deal from Washington since damn near the day he was drafted...I'm not saying he's a future MVP or anything but considering the constant state of mayhem that's going on with that franchise, he's done a pretty credible job.

Has he had the same OC 2 seasons in a row? IIRC he has'nt.

i think he is still better than "average." being as old as he is, i just wouldn't like the risk of injury.

Eh. Since '04 he runs about 3 times a game. Since '05 he is at about 4.4 ypc, last two yrs at 3.8

I'd say Rodgers or Romo are better on the hoof than he is these days, but he's hardly a Warner-esque statue back there. I guess I'd have to agree he's probably better than "average" but not "special" anymore.

That's just one face though; my thinking is that this deal is a slam-dunk "win" for Washington, if McNabb stays healthy. If Kolb is as good as he has looked so far, Philly might "win" on it too.

Eh. Since '04 he runs about 3 times a game. Since '05 he is at about 4.4 ypc, last two yrs at 3.8

I'd say Rodgers or Romo are better on the hoof than he is these days, but he's hardly a Warner-esque statue back there. I guess I'd have to agree he's probably better than "average" but not "special" anymore.

That's just one face though; my thinking is that this deal is a slam-dunk "win" for Washington, if McNabb stays healthy. If Kolb is as good as he has looked so far, Philly might "win" on it too.

i agree with most of what you are saying..... it is my belief that he was trying to do what steve young did....and become more of a pocket passer (staying int he pocket longer to try to let plays develop). pure speculation, but i believe that (fear of injury aside) if he wanted to run, he would have been effective.

Has he had the same OC 2 seasons in a row? IIRC he has'nt.

I checked his numbers - he's improved his comp pct and passer rating on metric stats and passing tds and passing yds in gross stats EVERY year. His starting record had also improved every year up until this season.

I think it was the game vs the Giants where he got crushed and injured, came back out at the half and kept plugging away for a 4-9 team that was getting killed anyway. He didn't have a great game by any stretch that week but he showed some serious guts.

saw an interesting thing on twitter from Schefter:

"When Mike Shanahan became John Elway's head coach, Elway was 34 with rep for not winning big one. McNabb is 33 with same reputation."

Yea but Elway had T. Davis. Last time I looked T. Davis was not on the skins roster.

i agree with most of what you are saying..... it is my belief that he was trying to do what steve young did....and become more of a pocket passer (staying int he pocket longer to try to let plays develop). pure speculation, but i believe that (fear of injury aside) if he wanted to run, he would have been effective.

Well, if you look at it, his comp pct, rating, and yds/att have been consistently higher post-04 than they were before then. His sack pct has actually been LOWER.

I think it's less him consciously hanging in the pocket longer and more that he is just a better, more savvy QB. It's better to throw than to run as a QB, as a general rule.

Well, if you look at it, his comp pct, rating, and yds/att have been consistently higher post-04 than they were before then. His sack pct has actually been LOWER.

I think it's less him consciously hanging in the pocket longer and more that he is just a better, more savvy QB. It's better to throw than to run as a QB, as a general rule.

i think it's a little of both.... read somewhere that he missed about 17 games since 05... i imagine reid wanted to protect him more: have more of a qb vs a rb, and teach him how to take less hits.

Actually, if you watch McNabb play, he still has some remarkable agility and speed--he just limits its use to escaping the rush and making things happen thereafter. After his first two seasons, McNabb became much more of a Tarkenton/Flutie style runner than a Cunningham/Vick style runner.

Peace

policy

Welcome to respectability Washington Redskins. Somewhere along the line, McNabb because one of the most underrated players in the NFL. The guy who usually hosts us for football on Sundays was a McNabb owner, so I probably saw around ten of his games this season between the regular season and the playoffs. He was better than the opposing QB in all but about two of those games. He can still play. No question. With his winning resume coupled with Shanahan's, I have to believe the Reskins are only a couple players away, and will be in the playoffs sooner than later. They need to take the best tackle available, but they have enough playmakers and a handful of solid defensive players as well. Philly fans, you made your bed, good luck.

So what impact do ya'll think that McNabb will have on Washington's TE situation? Mainly I'm wondering how to value Chris Cooley, as I have him (along with Dallas Clark & Dustin Keller) in a dynasty league. Hard to figure out what Cooley will do, as Fred Davis looked pretty good in his relief.

+1

Sad to get such a reminder that there is no more loyalty in pro sports.

Yay Laundry.

I thought the Eagles did show a lot of loyalty in allowing him to go where he wants. It's not as if Don has a no trade clause. The word is the Raiders and Bills were willing to offer more to get him but Andy was able to put down the whole hog he was eating and make sure Don at least got what he wanted. The Eagles felt they had to move on and they certainly could have pulled a Ted Thompson and why should Don show any loyalty to a team that wants nothing to do with him.

No matter how absurd I think it is to get rid of a QB that has gone to five NFC championships in eleven years, they both did right by eachother.

Figured it out!

The reason Snyder hasn't been throwing money around this year in Free Agency is because he's been working on perfecting a working model of "The Hot Tub Time Machine" which is surprisingly expensive...

Now he's accumulating top level talent from 2006 (I fully expect to see a trade where Campbell goes to the Raiders and Javon Walker comes back, he was legit back in 06)

Finally he'll toss in Portis/LJ/McNabb/Parker/Santana Moss/Javon Walker and whatever other aging bargain basement stars he can get into the Hot Tub, spin the dial, and maniacally laugh....and welcome to the playoffs Washington Redskins!

(If this trade means the Skins draft O Line repeatedly in a very nice O Line draft, it all works for me)

WD

Thie NFC East division is too good...can Dallas and St. Louis switch divisions? I am tired of seeing the AZ Cards getting into the playoffs with 9-7 records in a weak division. Dallas isn't even on the Eastern seaboard like Philly, NY and Wash.

Edited by Scooby's Hubby