[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

McNabb traded to the Redskins

Menudo

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've gone back and forth on this but I conclude this is a very smart move by the Eagles. Everyone talks about the NFC title games and one Super Bowl without mentioning McNabb's chokes and screwy behavior. He's always been a great talent but I don't think he has the character and confidence to win a championship. He gets close and something changes in him. Plus he's overdue for an injury and age is the enemy of any injury-prone player. An early second-rounder this year plus a third or fourth next year?? No-brainer. They generally draft well and the #37 pick in this draft is a potential stud.

As a Giants fan who has respected the Eagles and laughed at the Redskins in recent years, this deal does nothing to change those opinions. I'm blown away that even with Shanahan the skins are still going after older players instead of rebuilding with youth and being patient. A move like this says they think they are close to being a contender, and I just don't see it.

I would say this move says that Skeletor doesn't think they are that close to being a contender, it says that he thinks they don't have enough talent or depth on their roster. Look at what he's been doing. He's stockpiling depth at the skill positions on offense. Now all he has to do is focus on the offensive line during the draft. Next year he'll go a collect all of Cleveland's defensive line busts...oh wait. He already did that once.

I'd have been :wacko: if the Bears had got McNabb for such a small outlay as opposed to the draft clearout we gave for Cutler.

Good point....notice the underlying theme in both situations were GMs who treat their QBs as insignificants and were wanting to change at the position. Neither GM was upfront with their QBs. You would think that a GM would be able to personally clue in their players, esp a highly paid QB. For Mcnabb, he knew it was coming from the last 2 years. For Cutler, he was more blindsided.

Good point....notice the underlying theme in both situations were GMs who treat their QBs as insignificants and were wanting to change at the position. Neither GM was upfront with their QBs. You would think that a GM would be able to personally clue in their players, esp a highly paid QB. For Mcnabb, he knew it was coming from the last 2 years. For Cutler, he was more blindsided.

I won't comment with regards to the Denver situation but you have zero clue about the birds and their view of the QB position....you probably also didn't know that they birds have a NEW GM and that REID had the final say on the deal...not the GM but yeah the eagles view the QB position as insignificant :wacko:

Thie NFC East division is too good...can Dallas and St. Louis switch divisions? I am tired of seeing the AZ Cards getting into the playoffs with 9-7 records in a weak division. Dallas isn't even on the Eastern seaboard like Philly, NY and Wash.

Yes, the NFC East is so great. They reign supreme and prove it year in and year out. I mean they are so much better than any other division. All you have to do is look at the list of recent Super Bowl Champions. When all is said and done, it is always proven that the NFC East is supreme, as the cream always rises to the top and when they meet the other divisions, the proof is in the pudding:

Saints

Steelers

Giants

Colts

Steelers

Patriots

Patriots

Bucs

Patriots

Ravens

Rams

Broncos

Packers

When you break it down, it really is amazing. The list is completely dominated with NFC East teams, so, I really can't see one good reason why the NFL wouldn't re-align this division, which is clearly too dominant.

Edited by Menudo

to be fair.... the ravens beat the giants and the pats beat the eagles.

True....it's official, they definitely need to re-align divisions, to alleviate this powerhouse of a division. :wacko:

nod.... and we also had nfc reps from the nfc west 2 of the last 5. both would have won without zebra intervention, further evidence for the need to realign.

:wacko:

:D

That is all.

Right there with you, Sky

As a Giants fan who has respected the Eagles and laughed at the Redskins in recent years, this deal does nothing to change those opinions. I'm blown away that even with Shanahan the skins are still going after older players instead of rebuilding with youth and being patient. A move like this says they think they are close to being a contender, and I just don't see it.

I have been absolutely furious with the selection of Shannahan as the new coach. This guy, outside of the team he inherited, Elway, and the two SB trips from the inherited team, has done crap. I believe (again outside of the 2 SB trips from the team he inherited where someone else set everything up) he has won 1 playoff game?

If you all thought it was funny last season with everyone in this area protesting for Vinny and Danny to leave, just wait till this year when its Danny and Shanny. I mean seriously, look at the RBs they went after?????? If this were 2005, maybe they would have been good picks.

Old busted up RBs

Old busted up QB

Trading a pick that is needed for the OL

Danny is doing what he always does; destroying what was once a great franchise to be a part of (fan base wise) by giving away draft picks and millions of dollars for people from the Cider Grove retirement community. This team needs young blood in the HC position, young blood in the QB position, and to begin building the team from the draft.

:wacko::D:D:D:D

The Eagles must not be worried about McNabb by trading him to Washington a division rival. When each win or loss is so important in making the playoffs or winning the division title tells me that Philly must think he is either done or they just don't have any respect for the abilities he has left in the tank.

Looks like the Skins got an older, more fragile Campbell and called it an upgrade. I mean, this trade actually makes me feel better about beating both teams twice as often this year!

Mcnabb is done. Has been for a year or two. So why trade for a done dupicate of what you already have in Campbell. Makes no sense to me at all. Washington had problems with accuracy at that position and they go and get the same thing.

Westbrook was the Philly not Mcnabb. You all will see that this year.

Ohhhh Snyder, you've done it againnnnnnn............................... :wacko:

East is OUR's Boys, East is OURSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.............

Looks like the Skins got an older, more fragile Campbell and called it an upgrade. I mean, this trade actually makes me feel better about beating both teams twice as often this year!

Mcnabb is done. Has been for a year or two. So why trade for a done dupicate of what you already have in Campbell. Makes no sense to me at all. Washington had problems with accuracy at that position and they go and get the same thing.

Westbrook was the Philly not Mcnabb. You all will see that this year.

Ohhhh Snyder, you've done it againnnnnnn............................... :D

East is OUR's Boys, East is OURSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.............

your :wacko: stinks

The Eagles must not be worried about McNabb by trading him to Washington a division rival. When each win or loss is so important in making the playoffs or winning the division title tells me that Philly must think he is either done or they just don't have any respect for the abilities he has left in the tank.

This is an interesting point. Reminds of me of when Pats traded Bledsoe within division and a lot of people were questioning why trade within the division. Bledsoe was ok but didn't do anything to make Pats regret trading within the division. So i agree - Eagles must not feel that Mcnabb is going to be that big of a difference maker.

ETA: Although don't really know how much Reid's desire to not screw mcnabb by trading him to Oakland or some other crappy team actually played into the decision making process.

Edited by Jackass

ETA: Although don't really know how much Reid's desire to not screw mcnabb by trading him to Oakland or some other crappy team actually played into the decision making process.

McNabb said if he were traded to Oakland, he would have retired.

can a player be brought up on tampering charges? Cuz he made it pretty well known that he wasn't going to certain teams.

players don't have to sign an extension if they dont want to...I am sure that whoever he was going to be dealt to would want to know they could get one worked out...and call me a fool but I think that Reid did want to do as well by McNabb and the team as he could.

can a player be brought up on tampering charges? Cuz he made it pretty well known that he wasn't going to certain teams.

That only applies to teams.

Plenty of players would be guilty of this if they could have this charged against them.

McNabb said if he were traded to Oakland, he would have retired.

Washington..........Oakland

Al Davis..............Dan Snyder

Seams interchangeable to me. Whats the difference? :wacko:

Might as well have retired.........