[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Thoughts and Prayer really need right now

cliaz

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was an aneurysm on an artery leading to her uterus. That leads me to want to find out where all of the talk about fibrosis connections and ripping came from. No hyterectomy needed. In all likelihood, the pregnancy probably saved her life as when the first pain started, she went right in because she was pregnant.

That is very rare. The prayers must be working because the prognosis with that diagnosis is grave. I'm still praying.

If I may, I'm going to make a suggestion--

early on, don't remind her that she's young and she can have a baby in the future and don't tell her that this pregnancy likely saved her life. She knows this. She just experiencied a major loss in her life and she needs to mourn this. Simply tell her how sorry you and be there for her.

early on, don't remind her that she's young and she can have a baby in the future and don't tell her that this pregnancy likely saved her life. She knows this. She just experiencied a major loss in her life and she needs to mourn this. Simply tell her how sorry you and be there for her.

Well said.

She's a very fortunate young lady. And even though losing the baby is a sad thing, maybe we should just focus on the miracle of her being alive and in a position to have a full recovery. I think she was only about 3 months along...if I remember correctly. I don't mean this to sound bad or uncaring (every miscarriage is sad), but 3 months is far different than had it been 7 or 8 months. And if this was her first pregnancy, she'll take it harder than if it were her 3rd. She will grieve in her own time,in her own way and it sounds like she has a terrific family to help her through it.

I guess what I'm saying is don't let her beat herself up over losing the baby and get too depressed either. Be in a thankful and grateful mood that she's gone through something horrendously difficult....and has come through to the other side. Just because the pregnancy terminated because of all her body went through doesn't mean you can't celebrate life. Hers.

Untateve has a great point and I agree, but I don't think it's a bad thing to just acknowledge you all are happy she is still with you.

Still sending prayers.

Exactly. People always mean well in these situations but often say things that are intended to help but add to the pain. My MIL said something very similar when my wife had her miscarriage and my wife told me later that night that she wanted this baby, regardless of future possibilities.

Very glad to hear that your SIL is going to survive this ordeal. :wacko:

Thank you all. She is finally being moved from ICU. All of the facts of what was going on was relayed second hand to my MIL who was down there to my wife to me so they were all over the map on this one (rightly so). Basically, when she went in 2 weeks ago and had the first incident (BP dropped to 35/20, crashed, etc), she had what appeared to be scar tissue that connected her uterus to some structure in her pelvis that had torn and bled. They went in laparoscopically and fixed the tear but were very perplex due to the sheer amount of blood in her abdominal cavity. This is where the possibility of endometriosis came from.

She was released a day after the surgery and seemed fine at home (we saw her the following weekend). When it started up again, she started vomiting at home and the pain was a little different. When they came back in, they couldn’t get a clear image via MRI and needed contrasting agent to see better. They believe it was an aneurysm because of the bleeding but were not entire sure where it was behind he uterus. Apparently, the contrasting agent would cause damage to the fetus or possible miscarriage so after the 3rd surgery, they were going to make the moral decision. However, during that period the pregnancy was terminated by her body. That kid held in there for some of the worst trama during this whole mess but it was just too much. My FIL said (according to the wife) the MRI image showed what appeared to be a big chunk missing for an artery leading to the uterus where the aneurysm had ruptured. Like Chargerz said above, the OBGYN that was her Dr said it is extremely rare and she is very, very lucky to still be here.

All said and done she receive five surgeries (open cavity where she was opened pelvis to close to the xiphoid process), 6 blood transfusions, and is still here with us. Being pregnant saved her life. If they had not went in when they did or elected to remain in the hospital during the first incident, there would not have been enough time to save her. Apparently, aneurysms like this are fatal within a few minutes of rupturing. It was pretty &$#@*&% scary just how fast she would crash before each surgery. If I were my brother-in-law, I would want to kiss the hands of the surgical staff that saved her each time.

While it is a tragedy the baby was lost, I think they realize it was for the best. The moral decision presented to them would have been very hard to make (she is a catholic/graduated from Notre Dame). That much trauma to a personal body, the frequent loss of blood, and constant surgeries, I was very worried the lack of O2 to the fetus would cause some type of brain damage.

Thank you all for the support. Thank you, Chargerz for chatting with me.

Thank you all. She is finally being moved from ICU. All of the facts of what was going on was relayed second hand to my MIL who was down there to my wife to me so they were all over the map on this one (rightly so). Basically, when she went in 2 weeks ago and had the first incident (BP dropped to 35/20, crashed, etc), she had what appeared to be scar tissue that connected her uterus to some structure in her pelvis that had torn and bled. They went in laparoscopically and fixed the tear but were very perplex due to the sheer amount of blood in her abdominal cavity. This is where the possibility of endometriosis came from.

She was released a day after the surgery and seemed fine at home (we saw her the following weekend). When it started up again, she started vomiting at home and the pain was a little different. When they came back in, they couldn’t get a clear image via MRI and needed contrasting agent to see better. They believe it was an aneurysm because of the bleeding but were not entire sure where it was behind he uterus. Apparently, the contrasting agent would cause damage to the fetus or possible miscarriage so after the 3rd surgery, they were going to make the moral decision. However, during that period the pregnancy was terminated by her body. That kid held in there for some of the worst trama during this whole mess but it was just too much. My FIL said (according to the wife) the MRI image showed what appeared to be a big chunk missing for an artery leading to the uterus where the aneurysm had ruptured. Like Chargerz said above, the OBGYN that was her Dr said it is extremely rare and she is very, very lucky to still be here.

All said and done she receive five surgeries (open cavity where she was opened pelvis to close to the xiphoid process), 6 blood transfusions, and is still here with us. Being pregnant saved her life. If they had not went in when they did or elected to remain in the hospital during the first incident, there would not have been enough time to save her. Apparently, aneurysms like this are fatal within a few minutes of rupturing. It was pretty &$#@*&% scary just how fast she would crash before each surgery. If I were my brother-in-law, I would want to kiss the hands of the surgical staff that saved her each time.

While it is a tragedy the baby was lost, I think they realize it was for the best. The moral decision presented to them would have been very hard to make (she is a catholic/graduated from Notre Dame). That much trauma to a personal body, the frequent loss of blood, and constant surgeries, I was very worried the lack of O2 to the fetus would cause some type of brain damage.

Thank you all for the support. Thank you, Chargerz for chatting with me.

Cliaz, really sorry to hear your family had to go through all this, but grateful it didn't turn out much worse. My wife has been battling issues in that area (fibroids) and we are faced with the possibility of not being able to conceive. In fact we may be taking a trip to the ER tonight because her symptoms suddenly started up again this weekend and she may need a transfusion. While it's hard to face the possibility that we won't be able to start a family, it is nothing compared to what your family has gone through. I'll continue to send prayers and good thoughts.