[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Neighbor really pissing me off.

Perchoutofwater

I have this neighbor that has really got me irritated. She called and left a message two days ago, stating that she works hard and that when she is home she wants to unwind, and that the barking of my dogs really bothers her, that it was "unprofessional" and that she thinks we should get shock collars for them. Now the only time my dogs bark is when she first lets her dog out, and then that is for a minute or two, when someone pulls up in my drive (again a minute or two) or when the kids that live behind us are jumping on the trampoline. Now the kids behind us have a 10 acre field, and their house is every bit of 100 yards from mine, but they put their trampoline about 20 feet from where my dog yard is. We've asked them to move it but they haven't and we really haven't made an issue out of it. Point being the only time the dogs are really annoying is when the kids are jumping on the trampoline, and then it annoys me as well, but frankly I don't see it as that big of a problem, nor do I see us as being the cause of the problem. The dogs have good reason to bark at theses kids as one of them has shot the dogs with paintball guns.

Now the thing that really pisses me off it the neighbor complaining had a pool put in last spring. Her contractor did not put up any silt fences, and I ended up with 2" of her dirt across my driveway, and it pretty much killed all the grass between my driveway and our property line. It took me two days to remove all the dirt from the driveway, and the grass is just now back to where it was a year ago. Had I hired out this dirt removal, I probably would have paid something close to $1,500. Had I called TCEQ (Texas version of EPA) she would have been fined $5,000 for allowing silt into a tributary. Her pool guy wouldn't show up for days at a time but when he did, he'd start working at 6:30 am, and wouldn't stop until almost 9:00pm, making all kinds of noise. We never even complained. She had nephew or someone living with her for a while, and they would always park on the street right next to our drive, making it very difficult to get out of our drive, and making it difficult for the guy across the street as well. I truly think she is so self absorbed shed didn't even realize any of this including what her pool guy did to my property.

She works out of town a lot, and she had some sod delivered and the guy that was supposed to lay it for her didn't show up for three days, so I watered pallet for her twice a day of three days so it didn't ruin. One time she left her garage open by accident, and apparently didn't lock the back door either, and the wind blew it open. Me and another neighbor went and checked it out, made sure that nobody was in the house and then secured the house. Point being we've tried to be a good neighbor.

This woman is form one of the former Soviet countries and is a biochemist. In other words her culture and ours aren't exactly the same, and she isn't really a very personable lady. Should I ignore her message? Should I tell her to talk to the other neighbor about moving the damned trampoline? Should I tell here to kiss my ass?

Edited by Perchoutofwater

I think tah you have 2 options:

1) Tell her that you think that shock collars are cruel. Its out of the question.

and/or

2) draw down on her.

Escalating the situation is not the way to go IMO.

I have this neighbor that has really got me irritated. She called and left a message two days ago, stating that she works hard and that when she is home she wants to unwind, and that the barking of my dogs really bothers her, that it was "unprofessional" and that she thinks we should get shock collars for them. Now the only time my dogs bark is when she first lets her dog out, and then that is for a minute or two, when someone pulls up in my drive (again a minute or two) or when the kids that live behind us are jumping on the trampoline. Now the kids behind us have a 10 acre field, and their house is every bit of 100 yards from mine, but they put their trampoline about 20 feet from where my dog yard is. We've asked them to move it but they haven't and we really haven't made an issue out of it. Point being the only time the dogs are really annoying is when the kids are jumping on the trampoline, and then it annoys me as well, but frankly I don't see it as that big of a problem, nor do I see us as being the cause of the problem. The dogs have good reason to bark at theses kids as one of them has shot the dogs with paintball guns.

Now the thing that really pisses me off it the neighbor complaining had a pool put in last spring. Her contractor did not put up any silt fences, and I ended up with 2" of her dirt across my driveway, and it pretty much killed all the grass between my driveway and our property line. It took me two days to remove all the dirt from the driveway, and the grass is just now back to where it was a year ago. Had I hired out this dirt removal, I probably would have paid something close to $1,500. Had I called TCEQ (Texas version of EPA) she would have been fined $5,000 for allowing silt into a tributary. Her pool guy wouldn't show up for days at a time but when he did, he'd start working at 6:30 am, and wouldn't stop until almost 9:00am, making all kinds of noise. We never even complained. She had nephew or someone living with her for a while, and they would always park on the street right next to our drive, making it very difficult to get out of our drive, and making it difficult for the guy across the street as well. I truly think she is so self absorbed shed didn't even realize any of this including what her pool guy did to my property.

She works out of town a lot, and she had some sod delivered and the guy that was supposed to lay it for her didn't show up for three days, so I watered pallet for her twice a day of three days so it didn't ruin. One time she left her garage open by accident, and apparently didn't lock the back door either, and the wind blew it open. Me and another neighbor went and checked it out, made sure that nobody was in the house and then secured the house. Point being we've tried to be a good neighbor.

This woman is form one of the former Soviet countries and is a biochemist. In other words her culture and ours aren't exactly the same, and she isn't really a very personable lady. Should I ignore her message? Should I tell her to talk to the other neighbor about moving the damned trampoline? Should I tell here to kiss my ass?

I would probably just ignore it for starters and if she persists then go ahead with the "Kiss my ass" approach.

I'd talk to her and let her know that you are working with your dogs, whether you are or not. Give her some sort of olive branch. She may think you are trying and quit bitching.

I will say, if she had buried my lawn in silt, that woul dhave pissed me off and I would have sid something at the time. You were too nice about that.

Dogs bark. If it were happening all the time, then yeah I could see it being a problem. But from your version of the story it doesn't sound like it is happening all the time.

Next time she calls tell her that you work really hard and need to unwind, and the only thing that calms your nerves is the gentle dulcet tones of your dogs barking.

Then pee in her pool.

Seriously considering approaching the neighbor that owns the 10 acres behind both me and the soviet bitch. If I bought it, I could put in a nice firing range for me and my friends, and then we could really be neighborly. I'm sure she would really like the bark of my pistols.

We have neighbors who just moved in last June that are utter trash. They keep two big dogs in a plywood box in their back yard and they bark constantly. I'd like to do something about it but they are completely ignorant people and one of them has a pretty nice criminal record, so I don't want to stir anything up. We usually just turn up the TV or stereo, and we try to spend as much time as possible out of town, but there are times that it gets so annoying that I want to shoot someone.

I had another neighbor who was downright crazy and was stalking me for a while, so suffice to say I'm pretty cautious when it comes to neighbor issues. My advice would be to talk to the other neighbor again about moving the trampoline and explain to the Russian lady that you're trying to remedy the situation. At least you appear to give a damn about her concern and it may prevent an escalation. People get nutty and do all kinds of weird things, like calling the SPCA and filing criminal charges. You never know. You don't need those headaches.

We have neighbors who just moved in last June that are utter trash. They keep two big dogs in a plywood box in their back yard and they bark constantly. I'd like to do something about it but they are completely ignorant people and one of them has a pretty nice criminal record, so I don't want to stir anything up. We usually just turn up the TV or stereo, and we try to spend as much time as possible out of town, but there are times that it gets so annoying that I want to shoot someone.

I had another neighbor who was downright crazy and was stalking me for a while, so suffice to say I'm pretty cautious when it comes to neighbor issues. My advice would be to talk to the other neighbor again about moving the trampoline and explain to the Russian lady that you're trying to remedy the situation. At least you appear to give a damn about her concern and it may prevent an escalation. People get nutty and do all kinds of weird things, like calling the SPCA and filing criminal charges. You never know. You don't need those headaches.

My dogs have a pretty large area, and they walked and played with regularly, so I'm not worried about her calling SPCA. If the bitch tries to pull any $hit like that I've got several pictures that will find their way to the regional office of the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality. The local field agent's daughter used to play soccer on my oldest daughter's team. She doesn't want to go there.

My dogs have a pretty large area, and they walked and played with regularly, so I'm not worried about her calling SPCA. If the bitch tries to pull any $hit like that I've got several pictures that will find their way to the regional office of the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality. The local field agent's daughter used to play soccer on my oldest daughter's team. She doesn't want to go there.

Could you frame her for cattle rustlin'? Would be a shame if the sheriff found cattle in her corall that ain't got the right brand. A woman could hang for such a thing, 'specially a Russki.

Gawd danged boy....is this Texas or Pansy Texas? Point to lady and scream, "LOOK, IT'S A COMMIE COMING RIGHT AT US, GIT HER!!" Problem solved.

I'd be more pissed at the kids shooting my dog with a paint gun. There would be a seriously scared child with emotional problems after I got through with the brat if that were my dog.

Could you frame her for cattle rustlin'? Would be a shame if the sheriff found cattle in her corall that ain't got the right brand. A woman could hang for such a thing, 'specially a Russki.

I wouldn't be framing her for anything. She clearly did not follow the law.

Gawd danged boy....is this Texas or Pansy Texas? Point to lady and scream, "LOOK, IT'S A COMMIE COMING RIGHT AT US, GIT HER!!" Problem solved.

I'd be more pissed at the kids shooting my dog with a paint gun. There would be a seriously scared child with emotional problems after I got through with the brat if that were my dog.

Trust me, they only did it once. We had a nice sit down with them and their parents over that one. We discussed the finer points of reloading with rock salt.

ide tell her that you are more than willing to invest in the shock collars, and will add that to the 1500 dollar bill for removing the dirt from your yard and drive, and then i would tell her that maybe if she could get the other neighbor to move his trampoline, just maybe you would find a way to forget that dirt removal bill.

all would end up happy

Tell her that you will put a shock collar on your dog when you can put one on her as well.

Really though, if possible try to ignore the first letter. If she still complains then do what was advised and send her a nice letter explaining your situation with the trampoline.

Every time that you talk to her from now on, you should only speak as Balki and start every sentence with, "In Soviet Russia..."

balki is from the fictional greek island of Mypos, and you are mixing him up with yakov smirnoff. geez, get your lame 80s-eurasian-stereotype-borat-precursors straight, would ya? :wacko:

balki is from the fictional greek island of Mypos, and you are mixing him up with yakov smirnoff. geez, get your lame 80s-eurasian-stereotype-borat-precursors straight, would ya? :wacko:

"Well, of course not, don't be ridiculous!"

:tup: In bankrupt Greecian Mypos, annoying neighbor draws down on you.