[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Doggie has cherry eye

Big John

Yesterday, I noticed my dog Vince's right eye was red and was looking to the right. I brought him to the vet today and they said it was "cherry eye" meaning a gland that was inside the eye socket had moved to the visible part of the eye. and is causing inflammation. She gave him some eye drops to help bring the infection down but thinks he may still need surgery to relieve this. Have another appointment in a week to determine what happens next.

Need some good vibes for him.

Keep us posted Big John

If I don't kill him first.

I had him outside today and he was getting crazy over something he sensed outside his reach. /and he had no interest of going back in. Next check of him outside, i saw he slipped out of his collar and ran away. Wen he saw me coming, he darted further away. At one point he was running in a creek and when I got close, he darted further more then I slipped and sprained my ankle. Some neighbor kids saw this ans helped looked for im on their bikes. They eventually caught him a good distance away then I walked to that area them walked him back home of the hurt alnke, so it was rather painful getting him back home.

I had him outside today and he was getting crazy over something he sensed outside his reach. /and he had no interest of going back in. Next check of him outside, i saw he slipped out of his collar and ran away. Wen he saw me coming, he darted further away. At one point he was running in a creek and when I got close, he darted further more then I slipped and sprained my ankle. Some neighbor kids saw this ans helped looked for im on their bikes. They eventually caught him a good distance away then I walked to that area them walked him back home of the hurt alnke, so it was rather painful getting him back home.

Looks like you got your hands full. We had a dog that we nicknamed "houdini" because he was an escape artist. He could be hooked to his runner and inside a fence and he still would escape. :wacko: I remember chasing after him quite often. I guess you have "Son of Houdini." :tup:

I wish my best. He will eventually bond. He's a foster/pound dog and needs some training.

Hang in there my friend!