[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vince Young Prime Suspect in Assault Case

Infinity

Police: Titans' Young prime suspect after leaving scene of assault

NFL Network's Michael Lombardi has confirmed multiple reports that Tennessee Titans quarterback Vince Young is the primary suspect in an assault that occurred Saturday night in Dallas.

The incident was first reported by CBS affiliate KTVT, citing the Dallas Police Department.

No charges against Young have been filed, and no warrant has been issued, according to KTVT.

A Dallas police department official told KTVT that Young is believed to have left the scene of an altercation that allegedly broke out after words were exchanged at a Dallas strip club, which left an individual with bodily injury.

CW affiliate KDAF in Dallas reports that Dallas police are expected to file a misdemeanor charge against Young.

A Dallas police source told KDAF the confrontation involved someone "trash-talking" the Texas Longhorns, Young's alma mater. The person Young is accused of assaulting is an employee of the club, according to KDAF.

"We are aware of the report about Vince Young," Titans director of media relations and services Robbie Bohren said in a statement released Sunday. "The organization has been in touch with Vince and we will continue to gather addition information."

Thoughts?

My thoughts: some d-bag was talking junk to VY at a strip club and while VY could have easily just ignored it (or left), he slugged the d-bag, and now said d-bag is going to do whatever it takes to turn the incident into a payday for him. It's the nature of the world we live in now. :wacko:

My thoughts: some d-bag was talking junk to VY at a strip club and while VY could have easily just ignored it (or left), he slugged the d-bag, and now said d-bag is going to do whatever it takes to turn the incident into a payday for him. It's the nature of the world we live in now. :wacko:

+1

My thoughts: some d-bag was talking junk to VY at a strip club and while VY could have easily just ignored it (or left), he slugged the d-bag, and now said d-bag is going to do whatever it takes to turn the incident into a payday for him. It's the nature of the world we live in now. :tup:

You must be psychic or something. :wacko:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtxdwHjbBPI...layer_embedded#!

It's very hard to believe that any problem would arise at 3:30 in the morning at a scrip club. Just another example of bad decision making by NFL players. Right or wrong you are a target of people (especially drunk ones). Go home already.

It's very hard to believe that any problem would arise at 3:30 in the morning at a scrip club. Just another example of bad decision making by NFL players. Right or wrong you are a target of people (especially drunk ones). Go home already.

Not even for real money and vouchers only? :wacko:

Maybe I'm reading your post wrong, but are you saying the guy that got hit is at fault for talking crap? It doesn't matter what he said to Young, if VY threw the first punch he's a jackass that can't be defended.

Maybe I'm reading your post wrong, but are you saying the guy that got hit is at fault for talking crap? It doesn't matter what he said to Young, if VY threw the first punch he's a jackass that can't be defended.

Yeah you're kinda reading it wrong. I'm just saying that it's now the "in" thing to try talking crap to celebrities/sports stars to egg them into making a dumb statement or pissing them off enough to hit you so you can sue them or sell your story to the media.

The guy who was talking crap was talking crap to VY about his school (The University of Texas) and threw the UT Hook'em Horns upside down in his face. Now while VY probably could have diffused the situation, I can see why he popped the dude running his mouth. Just a good old fashioned "if you run your mouth you better be ready to back it up" type thing. Nothing more than a Class C Misdemeanor in the end, proving it was just a scuffle and the douchebag pressed charges. Not any worse than a speeding ticket for VY in court.

Yeah you're kinda reading it wrong. I'm just saying that it's now the "in" thing to try talking crap to celebrities/sports stars to egg them into making a dumb statement or pissing them off enough to hit you so you can sue them or sell your story to the media.

yeah, and you know? I'd like to pass a law making the first punch at these d-bags perfectly free and legal.

The guy who was talking crap was talking crap to VY about his school (The University of Texas) and threw the UT Hook'em Horns upside down in his face. Now while VY probably could have diffused the situation, I can see why he popped the dude running his mouth. Just a good old fashioned "if you run your mouth you better be ready to back it up" type thing. Nothing more than a Class C Misdemeanor in the end, proving it was just a scuffle and the douchebag pressed charges. Not any worse than a speeding ticket for VY in court.

Oh no... Someone put the hook em horns sign upside down...

What kind of moran would let that cause him to throw a punch? A mental midget. I'm sure it was probably an OU fan/alum baiting him... I see that crap everyday in the area. Usually the Longhorn alum is smart enough to not throw a punch...

And your last comment about that it's not any worse than a speeding ticket... We'll see what Goodell thinks. This clown will miss at least a game.

He's going to get suspended for sure. Goodell doesn't put up with this kind of crap. What I don't get is that these dudes see what happens to their league mates, yet they still go out and party until 3 and 4am at strip clubs. Young put himself in the position he was in, so regardless of how big of a turd the other guy is/was, it's on Young.

And by the way... anyone who physically assaults someone else for throwing the "hook'em horns" down is a simple child.

Edited by BARF

If Young wants to keep money in his pocket, he'd better learn to ignore Megan Foxbags who throw upside down hook 'em horns at him. If he's going to fall for that kind of crap and decide to throw down instead of acting like a pro athlete, then he'd better be prepared for the press and the writing of checks that comes with throwing the first punch. I don't recall dissing of a college rival as being defined legally as "fighting words".

Even better - maybe he ought to stay out of strip clubs. There don't seem to be a lot of good endings for pro athletes who attend them regularly.

Edited by Bronco Billy

lmao...misdemeanor...I get in more trouble from my homeowners association if my walkway isn't shoveled after it snows.

nothing to see here.

3 misdemeanors and you get a citation, 3 citations and you get an appearance ticket, 5 of those are you're going to jail sucka

I don't recall dissing of a college rival as being defined legally as "fighting words".

I think Perch once said that in Texas you can legally "draw down" on someone for dissing the horns. :wacko:

I'm sure it was the white guys fault! Isn't it always the white guys fault?

If Young wants to keep money in his pocket, he'd better learn to ignore Megan Foxbags who throw upside down hook 'em horns at him. If he's going to fall for that kind of crap and decide to throw down instead of acting like a pro athlete, then he'd better be prepared for the press and the writing of checks that comes with throwing the first punch. I don't recall dissing of a college rival as being defined legally as "fighting words".

Even better - maybe he ought to stay out of strip clubs. There don't seem to be a lot of good endings for pro athletes who attend them regularly.

This. Well, minus the strip club thing. If dude's single and that's his pleasure, why not. Just keep your boys with you and make sure they keep d-bags like this away from you.

I don't understand why he doesn't just laugh in the guys face and walk off? Hell, if you want to be a dick about it, remind him that you could buy his wife or his sister if you wanted to.

This. Well, minus the strip club thing. If dude's single and that's his pleasure, why not. Just keep your boys with you and make sure they keep d-bags like this away from you.

I don't understand why he doesn't just laugh in the guys face and walk off? Hell, if you want to be a dick about it, remind him that you could buy his wife or his sister if you wanted to.

Exactly! He would be in allot less hot water if his goons had only thrown the first punch!

Now this d-bag will get paid for being, well, a d-bag! Unfortunate for sure. I think Young has the potential to be a good player (not great, more like Vick before the dog incodent) but events like this only puts the stigma on you and it's really hard to recoupe from such events.

Oh no... Someone put the hook em horns sign upside down...

What kind of moran would let that cause him to throw a punch? A mental midget. I'm sure it was probably an OU fan/alum baiting him... I see that crap everyday in the area. Usually the Longhorn alum is smart enough to not throw a punch...

+1

Not only that, but the dude was across the room so it wasn't close to being "in his face" before he goes ballistic swinging at him, pushing some chick out of the way to get to him. VY is just a d0uche juice, watch this vid of the whole thing:

http://deadspin.com/5562766/vince-youngs-t...ins-the-weekend