[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I smell like fireworks ...

Scooby's Hubby

A "3rd of July" party was canceled today 'cuz it was supposed to pour all day. Uhh.. no. Moved to tomorrow, but we're gonna opt for a more chill BBQ.

I smell like.... my famous 30-ingredient marinade. Will slop that schit all over the 2+ lbs of ribs I have waiting. I'll slop it over some burgers too. :wacko:

It is 75 degrees and raining most of the evening here. This is NOT a standard Texas 4th of July.

I thought Texas would celebrate "DEpendence Day" on Dec 29th. :wacko:

You can carry a concealed firearm without a permit into a bar, but breakout a sparkler and it's your ass...... :wacko:

To be fair, you can't carry a Mexican into a bar either.

To be fair, you can't carry a Mexican into a bar either.

:tup: But doesn't it depend on which Mexican?

As for fire works, the cops here are gettin serious. They used to look the other way, but now, with this economy, they want to slap as many big dollar fines on people as they can. From red light cameras, to parking tickets, the cops, who are the highest paid in the country here, have to generate revenue to avoid layoffs and a reduction of over time. I love NY. I love America. I love polititains.... and used car salesmen.

The only thing 'ol Rovers will light up this weekend are BBQ coals. :wacko:

PS: Can you light up Mexicans in AZ? I think it's legal to light up Columbians here, but it isn't my cup of tea, so to speak.

Edited by Rovers

This sentence made me think of this book: http://www.amazon.com/Eats-Shoots-Leaves-T...n/dp/1592400876

hey :wacko: there is not supposed to be a comma after Eats. That is funny, I read all the reviews. Scooby is my source of proper grammar at work. This looks like an interesting read about the 'Apostrophe War'. Silly yet serious?

hey :wacko: there is not supposed to be a comma after Eats. That is funny, I read all the reviews. Scooby is my source of proper grammar at work. This looks like an interesting read about the 'Apostrophe War'. Silly yet serious?

That is funny. I read all the reviews.

That is funny. I read all the reviews.

see? even the reviews are funny. it seems like a humorous read. I had an English prof that was a serious stickler about the over use and proper use of puncuation. Scooby and I are always contemplating that stuff at work when we write letters & agreements. I can imagine that Panda's eats, shoots and leaves when they eat shoots and leaves. :wacko:

see? even the reviews are funny. it seems like a humorous read. I had an English prof that was a serious stickler about the over use and proper use of puncuation. Scooby and I are always contemplating that stuff at work when we write letters & agreements. I can imagine that Panda's eats, shoots and leaves when they eat shoots and leaves. :tup:

:wacko:

I smell like the grill. 4th of July is also my daughters birthday so we have a big party every year. I was on the grill from 2:30-7. Marathon grilling session. People kept coming to the party at all different times so I could never stop. I grilled and fed everyone then new hungry families showed up. Nobody offered the grill assist either :wacko: Then when I finally finished grilling I got roped into bartending. One guy , right before he left the bbq, shook his head and shook my hand and said. "Your effort was valiant today " :tup: Main thing was everyone had a blast. It was an awesome 4th.

Edited by whomper

Same here - on the 4th had to grill enough burgers, chicken, hot dogs and brats to feed 17 people. By the time I was done pretty much everyone had eaten and I was drenched in sweat. But fun times for all.

I smell like the grill. 4th of July is also my daughters birthday so we have a big party every year. I was on the grill from 2:30-7. Marathon grilling session. People kept coming to the party at all different times so I could never stop. I grilled and fed everyone then new hungry families showed up. Nobody offered the grill assist either :wacko: Then when I finally finished grilling I got roped into bartending. One guy , right before he left the bbq, shook his head and shook my hand and said. "Your effort was valiant today " :tup: Main thing was everyone had a blast. It was an awesome 4th.

The grill master is an unappreciated role by far :tup: I will be going through it all again next saturday for my daughters 5th b-day. Yesterday it was cooking steak, burgers, hot dogs, chicken, corn, potatoes and brats for 11 people. Next weekend it will be for 4 of her friends and parents as well. I always seem to get the "you need any help" just when the last bit of food is coming off the grill. Just glad I am not a bar tender as well :lol:

Give Angie a big hug and kiss from Elise

Edited by T_bone65

Plus add to the fact that my brother in law and his friends all left the party briefly after I loaded them up with food. They came back shortly and their eyes were all red. Perhaps they went swimming or something :wacko: but for some reason they were starving again :tup:

Plus add to the fact that my brother in law and his friends all left the party briefly after I loaded them up with food. They came back shortly and their eyes were all red. Perhaps they went swimming or something :wacko: but for some reason they were starving again :tup:

In these parts, that's called Whale Watching. Cause the casual beach goer sitting at the bar doesn't have a clue, or they actually think there is a whale close to the shore. It's a win/win cause you can clear a few bar seats in the process. :tup:

:tup:

I miss those days

The big plus, though, is when you have young kids, being the grillmaster is like taking a vacation. You can just sit there all day with a cold one, and your wife will NEVER bug you.

also, you get beer brought to you. everyone knows you can't grill without holding a beer.