[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

But I didn't want my neighborly contribution to be anonymous

wiegie

So my neighbors across the street were on vacation last week. Before they left, they asked my wife how much we paid a local teenager to cut our grass when we go on vacation. My wife tells them that I can just cut the grass for them while they are gone. They say they will get back to us if needed and they never get back to us (though they did cut their grass themselves on Saturday just before they left on vacation). In the meantime, they made arrangements with the people who live next door to us to water their garden and take care of their goldfish. Well, the neighbors next door forgot that they too were going out of town, so last week, they passed the goldfish to us and we agreed to continue to water the other people's garden.

In the meantime, the grass across the street was getting really long. So, on Friday morning as I was watering their garden, I decided to be nice and I cut their grass too. (To give you an idea of how long it was, I set my lawnmowever at the highest setting and I was still cutting off about two inches of grass.)

So, the neighbors across the street came home yesterday and when I gave them their fish back, the husband thanked me for taking care of it.

Then today, I see the wife outside cutting her grass again (which actually was warranted since their grass grows like crazy since they fertilize and water the hell out of it). She shouts over "thank you". I say "you're welcome, no problem" and then she says "I was kind of hoping that it died while we were gone." At this point I realize she is talking about the stupid fish and not her yard.

I don't think those bastards even realize that I cut their grass--and unfortunately, only one of the other neighbors saw me cutting the grass, and they don't really even talk to the people whose grass I cut.

Dammit, what the hell good is doing a neighborly deed if the stupid neighbors don't even know that you did it? :wacko:

That's what I thought (not the apology bit). They simply didn't notice because by the time they got back the grass was where they expected it to be.

Yep, that is what happened. I was actually joking about how I was pissed with the one neighbor who lives just next to them because he cut his grass on Sunday morning and made their grass seem tall by comparison.

I willl note though, that when they cut their grass before they left, they cut it diagonally and when I cut it, I went up and down and my grass cut lines were still very clear when they got back home.

:wacko:

Stop whining. Tell them you paid a kid 10 bucks to mow it. Pocket the 10.

I don't want the $10. I want my neighbors to owe me a favor.

(And for what it's worth, I am hoping that my emoticons have conveyed well enough that I am not being serious.)

I willl note though, that when they cut their grass before they left, they cut it diagonally and when I cut it, I went up and down and my grass cut lines were still very clear when they got back home.

I'm sure they appreciated your f*cking up their fung schui. :wacko:

(And for what it's worth, I am hoping that my emoticons have conveyed well enough that I am not being serious.)

And for what it's worth, my reply was tongue in cheeck. :wacko:

I was hoping that was the case. I didn't think you were going all "detlef bitching about a Christmas present" on us... :wacko:

Put some type of grass killer on their lawn and when she asks why, remind her she said she hoped it was dead when she got back. Then ask her why she never thanked you for watching the goldfish.

That is one hell of an idea.

update: they are cutting their grass again this morning -- for the record, that is a mere two days since they last cut it. How they think their yard could have gone 9 days between cuttings last week is beyond me. :wacko:

And yes, they are cutting it diagonally again. :tup:

update: they are cutting their grass again this morning -- for the record, that is a mere two days since they last cut it. How they think their yard could have gone 9 days between cuttings last week is beyond me. :wacko:

And yes, they are cutting it diagonally again. :tup:

Well go over and apologize for cutting it up and down saying you hope you didn't damage it.

Well go over and apologize for cutting it up and down saying you hope you didn't damage it.

They should be thanking wiegie for that too as it is recommended that you vary the patterns you cut the lawn.