[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Weight Gain supplements

3rd and schlong

Just figure out your metabolic rate (amount of calories burned daily) and exceed that by 500 calories. Just taking a high calorie shake won't do anything if you're burning it all off. You need to have a slight calorie surplus. Which means you'll have to count your calories.

Just figure out your metabolic rate (amount of calories burned daily) and exceed that by 500 calories. Just taking a high calorie shake won't do anything if you're burning it all off. You need to have a slight calorie surplus. Which means you'll have to count your calories.

I am doing that, I just need a good one with lots of calories. I just need one in addition to what I am already doing.

Commercial weight gainers are nothing more than a barrel full of simple carbs. They help you gain weight by increasing your fat mass, not muscle. You'd get the same effects from mixing sugar with water some vegetable oil and maybe a crushed up vitamin. Try some squats, deadlifts, pullups, bench. Eat some nuts, eggs, milk, beef, beans, cheese, olives, oatmeal. Easy on the booze. Problem solved.

Edited by mrip

I need to bulk up some and help maintain weight when football starts. Do any of you guys use weight gainers that work? I used mass xxx from gnc and it did not help me get the gains I wanted. Thanks.

Oh, you need to put on some weight. Try this: GFY.

I need to bulk up some and help maintain weight when football starts. Do any of you guys use weight gainers that work? I used mass xxx from gnc and it did not help me get the gains I wanted. Thanks.

Just do what the rest of us fantasy football "players" do: generous amounts of pizza, wings and donuts with little to no exercise. It'll bulk the sh*t out of you (on occasion, literally).

I've added a few pounds with Power Bar Recovery Bars (soy protien) within 30 minutes of working out. I also have either a Myoplex low carb nutrition bar (whey protien) or one of them Cliff Bulider's (soy)bar as a mid morning snack 5 days a week. Relatively low fat, low cholesterol. That's just under 40 extra gr. of good protein and all that other crazy stuff a day right there. Buckwheat pancakes have about 5 gr. of protien in them too.

Some people are just skinny. Sounds like you are younger so it's probably healthier and you'd likely be more effective playing a contact sport like football at your natural body weight and focus on cardio anyways.

Screw the mass gainer shakes, most of them are made up of pure garbage. Either make your own using a mix of fruit, peanut butter, whole milk, whey protein, oats, yogurt, cottage cheese, etc. or just simply eat more.

This and make sure it's a hydrolyzed whey protein isolate, also add some BCAAs into the mix. Clean eating with a ton of calories - lean meats, egg whites, peanut butter, etc.

Or find a doctor that will give you some HGH..... just sayin'.

I am doing that, I just need a good one with lots of calories. I just need one in addition to what I am already doing.

If you are going 500 calories over maintenance and still not gaining muscle...then lift more. This isn't curing cancer. It's simple. Lift heavy...eat a ton. And weight gainers are for puzzies.

If you're taking in more calories than you're burning then you will gain weight regardless of how you're taking them in. It's a very simple equation...

caloric intake > caloric burn = gain

caloric intake < caloric burn = loss

You're young and you're highly active, you may be underestimating your metabolism.

Keep it healthy and balanced (fat, protein, carbs) and try to avoid too much of the saturated type but fats get a bad rap. Something to consider calorically speaking...

Carbs and proteins = about 4 calories per gram

Fats = about 9 calories per gram