[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How long do you want to live?

Thews40

How long is too long?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. How long do you want to live

• less than 70
    • 70-75
    • 75-80
    • 80-85
    • 85-90
    • 90-100
    • over 100
    • Set the record for world's oldest person

I want to live until the day before my wife dies

Assuming my kids were grown and self-sufficient, I would want my wife to die before I did. (Then I would bear the grief of losing a spouse and not her.)

Edited by wiegie

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Assuming my kids were grown and self-sufficient, I would want my wife to die before I did. (Then I would bear the grief of losing a spouse and not her.)

That and you get to hit the single bar scene for a few months.

Who can I get with this today. Hopefully Savage Beatings is 'round these parts... I'm still pizzed about that damn Eddie Rabbit from yesterday.

Baby, look at me

And tell me what you see

You ain't seen the best of me yet.

Give me time,

I'll make you forget the rest.

I got more in me,

And you can set it free

I can catch the moon in my hand

Don't you know who I am?

Remember my name. Fame!

I'm gonna live forever

I'm gonna learn how to fly--high!

I feel it comin' together

People will see me and cry. Fame!

I'm gonna make it to heaven

Light up the sky like a flame. Fame!

I'm gonna live forever

Baby, remember my name

Remember, remember, remember, remember,

Remember, remember, remember, remember.

Baby, hold me tight

'Cause you can make it right.

You can shoot me straight to the top

Give me love and take all I got to give

Baby, I'll be tough

Too much is not enough, no

I can ride your heart 'till it breaks.

Ooh, I got what it takes.

FAME

I'm gonna live forever

I'm gonna learn how to fly--high!

I feel it comin' together

People will see me and cry. Fame!

I'm gonna make it to heaven

Light up the sky like a flame. Fame!

I'm gonna live forever

Baby, remember my name

Remember, remember, remember, remember,

Remember, remember, remember, remember.

yeah whomper, you selfish pr!ck.

:wacko:

My wife would get over it 3 hours into the extra day I gave her to live

no engagement anniversary card and now this! amazing!

:wacko: I am going to go back and change my vote to "I suck as a husband"

yeah whomper, you selfish pr!ck.

:wacko:

I laughed out loud.

Comedian John Mendoza on smoking: They say smoking takes 10 years off your life, but it's the last 10. So what do I miss... drooling all over myself?

My wife just read what I wrote and said she will buy me a sailboat today and I can head for the open seas tomorrow. :wacko:

Looks like FBJ is going to live until...about....now

Way to make it look like you are taking one for the team while wishing death on your wife...lol.

I like how wiegie wants to selflessly spare his wife the grief of losing him, UNLESS the little hellions are still around the house.

I like how wiegie wants to selflessly spare his wife the grief of losing him, UNLESS the little hellions are still around the house.

Actually, my thought behind that is that my wife is probably a better parent than I am, so it would be best for my boys if they had her if I wasn't around rather than having me with her not around.

I voted for "set the record for world's oldest person" because I want to see the Chargers finally win a Super Bowl, and I figure it'll take at least another 50 years.

My maternal grandfather died the day they took him to the nursing home. He wasn't having none of that. But his wife, my grandmother lived longer. She didn't have any legs due to diabetes for many years. She couldn't communicate because of a stroke. The only word that she could say was yea. They both lived a good and long life but the end was not the same for them.

I don't really have a number in mind... I agree with the sentiment of not wanting to be a burden at some point... or at least an unbearable one, since some (particuarly my wonderful wife) would probably argue that I'm already a burden sometimes. :wacko: My grandma (last living grandparent) is getting to the point where she can't live in an "assisted living" facility, much less on her own. My wife's grandma is in arguably even worse shape... can't remember anything, wanders out of her building at all hours of the night (to the point where they basically have to lock her up), etc. Things that like are tough to watch (or hear about), and even though I would never in a million years say that someone is "better off dead", I can say with a fair amount of certainty that I don't want to put my wife/kids/grandkids in that position some day... the position where they have to make the difficult decisions that my parents (and my mother-in-law and her sister) are having to make. Taking care of your parents when they don't even know who you are must be bad enough... Making the decision to basically lock them up for the rest of their lives almost seems worse. :tup:

It's funny, though, when I was younger, I was absolutely certain that I didn't want to live to see "old age." Coincidentally, that's probably the period of time when I was the toughest on myself, physically... simply no regard for the consequences of my actions, at times. The older I get, though (and I'm "only" 35 at this point), the more I understand why my parents and grandparents have always encouraged my brothers and I to simply take care of ourselves. Nobody wants to die young, but nobody wants a loved one who is YOUNGER than them to die young, either. That's probably what it boils down to for me... There are certain people in my life that I simply don't want to outlive. First and foremost, my wife (and kids, even though we don't have any yet... first is due in two months). :lol: Secondly, being the oldest of four boys, I can not fathom losing one of my younger brothers. And, it pretty much goes without saying that I don't want to see them lose a chlid or spouse, either. If I can avoid all of the above, and live to see the Vikings win a SB, I think I'll "die a happy man" (or as close to one as is possible). :tup: