[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

School Bus Accident

The Holy Roller

Today our small town of St. James, Missouri suffered the unthinkable. Our high school band was taking a trip to Six Flags when the two buses carrying the kids were involved in a terrible highway accident leaving two dead. One of the victims was the driver of a pickup truck that was crushed by one of the buses. The other was a former student killed when she was crushed in the back of the first bus when it was rammed by the second bus.

After twenty-one years of doing this (teaching) there still is not a way to accept the loss of one of my students. Tomorrow is the beginning of the school year for us, starting with three days of teacher meetings followed by the kids returning next Thursday. Our little town is just devasted. So any help, good mojo, prayers, thoughts, would surely be appreciated for the next week.

You all are the greatest. Thanks.

My wife had a similar event at her high school that tragically killed 28 students. To have so many involved and injured for your school will sadly mark the year forever. Condolences for the deceased and hopefully the rest all heal up and are okay.

What makes this even more sad, IMHO, is this is NOT the first accident like this along that stretch of I-44. Seems like there is some kind of serious, bad accident like this along there every few/several years. I want to say the last was within the last 10 years or so, being this serious. Something about that corridor...

Best wishes to my MO brethren. Truly sorry to hear about this.

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/metro/a...17a4a78c22.html

Before Thursday, there had been nine fatal accidents since January 2006 on the 14-mile stretch of highway between U.S. Highway 50 near Union and Six Flags in Eureka, according to the highway patrol database.

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I just returned from the girl's (Jessica) funeral. Something to be said for a small community as literally over half the town came out. I've never been to a Catholic funeral before. It was very touching and comforting. I have heard all kinds of reasons for how God is going to accomplish His purposes and how we may never understand the good that can come from this (one preacher explained that two people were baptized in his church since the accident Thursday because of their involvement with the family) or that God now has Jessica and she never has to die again.

I don't know. I am a believer in God's goodness and mercy and though I have my faults and sometimes my doubts I still cannot comprehend how the Creator of Everything could possibly need the life of an innocent 15 year old child to accomplish His purposes. I would never voice that question seeing as so many need to be comforted here now but when it's Q&A time in Heaven I hope to be able to ask some of mine.

But thanks everyone.

Edited by The Holy Roller