[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Job Interview - Finally

Footballjoe

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What should I expect.

Probably some questions about your qualifications. Maybe one or two about your past employment. They'll probably want to find out why you left your old job or why you are seeking new employment. If they think they are interested, perhaps a test or two.

Good luck. Beautiful country around those parts. My inlaws live down just south of Raleigh. If you have time, you can stop by detlef's restaurants. Dos Perros is in Durham and Jujube in Chapel Hill.

The types of questions will vary from being very technical and specific to being more theoretical and conceptual.

When I interview people (very limited that I actually do that), I try to test their aptitudes and ability to answer very odd questions to try to test their logic --- oldies but goodies like, "Why aren't manhole covers square?" ... or ... "How many 55 gallon trashcans (with lids) would you need to stack on top of one another to reach the heighth of this building?" ... then other things like, "Tell me about the most complicated used of Microsoft Excel that you've ever built by yourself and what did you do with this spreadsheet?" or "If you could redo anything in your career up to yesterday, what would you redo and why?" Sometimes, I'll leave the last question as "If you could redo anything since HS graduation, what would you redo and why?"

...anyhow, good luck!

Good luck. Beautiful country around those parts.

:tup:

Durham's dicey IMO, but to each their own. Anyway -

Re "what to expect," there's no pat answer. Some give you strictly job related or "technical" questions. Others might do as muck suggests. Some might give you more touchy feely BS like "what's your passion" or "if you could be any animal..." :wacko: etc etc.

This much I know: most HR people are arrogant slugs. g/l

If they ask you where do you see yourself in 5 years please use the Mitch Hedberg joke

Celebrating the 5th anniversary of you asking me that question

I have already packed my pants, knee pads and corset. I know that I would rather be a dog than a cat. I am worried about those other off the wall questions that people come up with. I can handle the technical questions. Hell, the last time I had a real interview was 29 years ago. I had some interviews within the organiztion I am in now but for the most part I knew the person doing the interview and in some cases it was a BS session for about 30 minutes then I was given the job.

I do know that if I am asked about fantasy football that I have to play dumb and pretend I don't know much about it. (insert jokes here: i.e "you don't have to play dumb.") I have been practicing my unsure look. :wacko:

I have started a list of questions I will be asking them.

I do know that if I am asked about fantasy football that I have to play dumb and pretend I don't know much about it. (insert jokes here: i.e "you don't have to play dumb.") I have been practicing my unsure look. :wacko:

I have started a list of questions I will be asking them.

Burleson or Porter? Quick....like your life depended on it.

Had the interview today. I think it went well. Of the 3 on the panel the only one who actually knew the job was Mrs Taylor, she would be my supervisor. I think she would be good to work for. She knows the job and what problems come with it. She also wants someone to be in charge and not micro manage them. Really no difficult questions. My resume really answered most of the question they had for me. I think the biggest hurdle was convincing them that relocating for the job is doable for me. Said they will make a decision within 2 weeks. Just have to wait.

Had the interview today. I think it went well. Of the 3 on the panel the only one who actually knew the job was Mrs Taylor, she would be my supervisor. I think she would be good to work for. She knows the job and what problems come with it. She also wants someone to be in charge and not micro manage them. Really no difficult questions. My resume really answered most of the question they had for me. I think the biggest hurdle was convincing them that relocating for the job is doable for me. Said they will make a decision within 2 weeks. Just have to wait.

Man up, dude, you start calling her Mrs. Taylor she's going to abuse you like a red headed step child... You need to assert your male superiority over her or she's gonna run flat over you. I probably would have walked out when they told me some split tail was gonna be my boss, you don't ever want to work for a woman, it's a fact they are intellectually and emotionally inferior to men in every way and any organization that would put a woman in power is f'ed up.

Edited by SEC=UGA

Man up, dude, you start calling her Mrs. Taylor she's going to abuse you like a red headed step child... You need to assert your male superiority over her or she's gonna run flat over you. I probably would have walked out when they told me some split tail was gonna be my boss, you don't ever want to work for a woman, it's a fact they are intellectually and emotionally inferior to men in every way and any organization that would put a woman in power is f'ed up.

I have worked for two women before in the same capacity that I would be working in this job. In both cases it was smooth sailing. :wacko: