[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Let me axe you all a question

Skippy

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the CO DOT did a brief study and concluded that if everyone drove in both lanes up to the merge point and then calmly alternated that everyone would get through faster than any other alternative.

I'd like a share of the Josh Gordon they smoked when they came to that conclusion.

GB Colorado. :wacko:

Check AND Mate, Ursa! I bet you're the same guy who drives in the passing lane, 10 mph under the posted speed limit, with your blinker on, wearing your blue blockers (which match nicely with your purple hair) and holding everybody up because you've anointed yourself Citizen Patrol.

Thanks for keeping us safe, Grandpa. :wacko:

Edited by tosberg34

Check AND Mate, Ursa! I bet you're the same guy who drives in the passing lane, 10 mph under the posted speed limit, with your blinker on, wearing your blue blockers (which match nicely with your purple hair) and holding everybody up because you've anointed yourself Citizen Patrol.

Thanks for keeping us safe, Grandpa. :wacko:

Thanks for admitting yer an ignorant turd, dumbass. Push children out of the way at the checkout line as you rush to pay for your paint thinner, do you, hillbilly?

Thanks for admitting yer an ignorant turd, dumbass. Push children out of the way at the checkout line as you rush to pay for your paint thinner, do you, hillbilly?

And here it didn't think we had anything in common. Guess i hit a sore spot - but it's nice to see you staying classy as usual. Next time you want to act all high and mighty you might want to remember this post.

Besides, your post didn't really make any sense other than making you sound like a petulant child. You might want to give that Aqualung Award back.

Edited by tosberg34

Okay, this is freaking hysterical

if you are at a quickie mart then you are on private property. noone was in reverse, so, it is a no fault accident. the screwey part is, I think, your liability insurance pays his damage and his liability insurance pays your damage. Now, if you are in a parking lot and you hit someone while in reverse, then you are at fault. Of course, every state is different when it comes to insurance...

The best is when 2 people are backing up at the same time and touch bumpers.

And here it didn't think we had anything in common. Guess i hit a sore spot - but it's nice to see you staying classy as usual. Next time you want to act all high and mighty you might want to remember this post.

Besides, your post didn't really make any sense other than making you sound like a petulant child. You might want to give that Aqualung Award back.

I think Ursa has to call someone an ignorant turd or he doesn't feel good about himself. Unprovoked name calling, he proves once agian he knows all. I guess he doesn't like being called grandpa. Do you call your grandkids little turds for no reason, too Ursa? Go ahead, you might as well call me a name too.

1. I don't think there is any law that says when you have to merge, as long as you don't hit any cones. I can't imagine a cop writing a ticket because you didn't merge when the coast was clear even though you still had a 1/8 mile left before the lane ended. I usually merge ASAP in case some a-hole won't let me in. If I'm in a hurry and there is traffic, I'll stay in that lane until I have to merge if that's the fastest route, and I'll nose the car in until they have to let me in. Everyone hates this of course, and I hate when other people do it, but tough titties I say. You all stop doing it, and I will too.

2. Stop just before the crosswalk, or at the point where your headlights are even with the stop sign. I only come to a complete stop if I have to wait for another car to cross or if I see a cop. Otherwise I slow down to about 2mph and roll through, which is pretty damn close to a complete stop.

3. I echo what Whomper said for this one.

Maybe with the terrible arse drivers they have in MN. Good lawd, those fers might as well have Iowa license plates for how bad they drive.

Don't give two chits. This is the same MNDoT that is about to pay to redo 494 and 169 for the third time in a decade? That one? The same MNDoT that designed 394 to lose lanes as it approaches the city?

I only lived there for a few years but I agree that MNDot is not the brain trust that some of you might think they are.

1. If open, I may merge immediately. If not, I have no problem continuing down the lane until I have a chance. Ohio drivers hate that, though. They rarely let you in.

2. I used to perform the Michigan Roll at stop signs, until I had kids and especially now that my stepson is driving. If someone like him is coming the other way, the Michigan Roll could get you T-boned (no offense to the huddler)

3. I can't imagine the driver getting cited if someone opened the door in their path. Would probably come down to witness descriptions of the events and it wouldn't help if you started calling her "the woman that lives with me" (although personally, I find that description hilarious). Let's hope you don't have to find out!

Merging early when the road is narrowed by a lane closure is a silly practice. It seems to me that you should use all of the lanes for as long as you have them.

Unfortunately, it is an accepted practice, so I change lanes too soon along with everybody else.

Let me preface this with the fact that I am king of the road and know everything and do everything right when it comes to driving. When I do it wrong it is only because I choose to do it wrong. Now today the woman that lives with me have had a few disagreements when it comes to navigating. Here goes and you all, since you really are the brightest think tank in the world, can settle each issue. Or make fun of this woman to where it causes her great shame and she will have no other choice but to beg me to acknowledge that she really is my wife.

Issue number one:

When traveling down the highway and there is a sign that says right lane closed ½ mile ahead what is the correct thing to do? Not the nice and polite thing but the honest and true correct thing even though it may drive some of us off the deep edge to say, I want the correct thing.

Merge left as soon as it is safe

Issue number two:

Where must you stop when you come to a Stop Sign? Again, not asking what you do but asking what the letter of the law says. This one should be easy I think.

Stop in fronf of the limit line

Last one but a good one and the only one that I admit that I might not have the correct answer but I will never admit to her that I was wrong. I just want to know.

Let’s say that you and your wife just pulled into the gas-slash-minimart and you are driving with her in the bltch seat. One spit second after you put the rig in park, she flings open the door right in front of the goof that is driving much to fast into the slot next to me. When that person does finally take my door off, who is going to be at fault?

A. The numbnut that opened the car door without even looking? Bingo

B. The numbnut that raced his way into my car door without having a second to react?

And to make it even more interesting, let’s pretend that the goof was not speeding and just right there at the moment that the car door flung open.

What say the Huddle insurance know-it-alls?

Me and the woman the lives with me are headed out for my normal driving lesson. I will report back when we get home from the grocery store to see what needs settled today.

edit to add:

I will provoke something. Give me some fuel for the fire.

Edited by Skippy

the CO DOT did a brief study and concluded that if everyone drove in both lanes up to the merge point and then calmly alternated that everyone would get through faster than any other alternative.

may well be the case, by some tiny margin. but the people who do it are still chalupas, plain and simple. THEY get through faster, everyone they cut in front of gets through slower. if you want to be a selfish chalupa, your prerogative, but I will never ever let one of these people in and I really wish more people would do the same.

If you wear rubber gloves and don't do anything else in life wrong or suspicious, you can kill them and get away with it free and clear. After you kill them though, make a left and a left because the cops are always looking for the murderers because most people make a right and another right after the merge point.

If you wear rubber gloves and don't do anything else in life wrong or suspicious, you can kill them and get away with it free and clear. After you kill them though, make a left and a left because the cops are always looking for the murderers because most people make a right and another right after the merge point.

Dude I met with today has a New Ford GT 40, he was able to get on the taxi way at the muni airport the other day, 190 MPH... Saw the video, it was cool and no need to turn left, left or right, right....