[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

For anybody that cares...

tazinib1

Wow what a ride I've been on. As most of you know, I left for Florida in early Sept for almost 5 weeks on a low budget feature. The day before I was to leave, I was told by my landlord that i was not welcome back due to cigarette butts in the parking lot. :tup: I smoke in the apartment but it was futile trying to tell this racist Armenian bastard that. So I was basically homeless when I left for my gig. About 2 weeks into the film, I was offered 3 months free rent in a condo owned by Bertie Higgens (Key Largo singer) for free until I got my feet back on the ground. GREAT NEWS!! I was very excited. ....... that was short lived however as upon my return, the day BEFORE i was to move in, I was informed that the Housing Charter did not allow guests that were not related to be housed for a time span of over 2 weeks. Ugh...So that was out the window and I was literally homeless. However, knowing that I had 3 months free rent coming, I took the opportunity to pay off all my bills including my car (free and clear). But again, I had no place to live as I had spent my entire earnings from Florida. I've been bouncing back and forth from LA to my mothers place in San Diego but I cannot stay there long either for reasons I rather not divulge. Sleeping in your car waiting for a gig to get a hotel has been extremely stressful and depressing at times to say the least but I thought I'd share for those of you that have expressed concern. I won't go into who, but you know who you are and I thank you. The calls, facebook chats and other things sent my way have been extremely appreciative. Right now I'm sitting in a hotel and had the best nights sleep I have had in almost a month. Watching the Jets/Packers game wondering why the hell all my fantasy teams suck balls.

And on top of all that, I had to deal with getting dumped by a hot, young Make Up Artist while in Florida. :wacko: BIOTCH!!!!

ETA: To the BoTH leagues commishes that I still owe league fee's to: I am very aware and I'm working on it. Please be patient. I'm good for it honest.

Edited by tazinib1

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:wacko:

Thanks. Its a tough situation. I can sleep in my car for only a couple days at a time before I have to break down and get a room. Shower, sleep and just piece of mind do not a car come with. Seems I'm spending the money I make faster than I can save it. Frustrating. Rooms for rent run about $600 per month and it seems once I get halfway there, I have to break down and get a freak'n hotel room. Bam..back to square one. If this isn't paying your dues, I don't know what is.

Wow what a ride I've been on. As most of you know, I left for Florida in early Sept for almost 5 weeks on a low budget feature. The day before I was to leave, I was told by my landlord that i was not welcome back due to cigarette butts in the parking lot. :tup: I smoke in the apartment but it was futile trying to tell this racist Armenian bastard that. So I was basically homeless when I left for my gig. About 2 weeks into the film, I was offered 3 months free rent in a condo owned by Bertie Higgens (Key Largo singer) for free until I got my feet back on the ground. GREAT NEWS!! I was very excited. ....... that was short lived however as upon my return, the day BEFORE i was to move in, I was informed that the Housing Charter did not allow guests that were not related to be housed for a time span of over 2 weeks. Ugh...So that was out the window and I was literally homeless. However, knowing that I had 3 months free rent coming, I took the opportunity to pay off all my bills including my car (free and clear). But again, I had no place to live as I had spent my entire earnings from Florida. I've been bouncing back and forth from LA to my mothers place in San Diego but I cannot stay there long either for reasons I rather not divulge. Sleeping in your car waiting for a gig to get a hotel has been extremely stressful and depressing at times to say the least but I thought I'd share for those of you that have expressed concern. I won't go into who, but you know who you are and I thank you. The calls, facebook chats and other things sent my way have been extremely appreciative. Right now I'm sitting in a hotel and had the best nights sleep I have had in almost a month. Watching the Jets/Packers game wondering why the hell all my fantasy teams suck balls.

And on top of all that, I had to deal with getting dumped by a hot, young Make Up Artist while in Florida. :wacko: BIOTCH!!!!

ETA: To the BoTH leagues commishes that I still owe league fee's to: I am very aware and I'm working on it. Please be patient. I'm good for it honest.

Hang in there brutha. I hope you get another gig soon and close to your mom's crib so you can skip paying for the hotel room until you get on your feet.

Taz.... if you are ever in a real jam... PM me. I got room if need be. This place aint the ritz, but it's warm and has a bed and board. No matter how bad it might look... you can come here. Aint the best option in the world, but it is an open invitation. you can count on that. Oh yeah, I smoke too. LOL....

Tough time indeed. I know it sucks but you're miles ahead of the game in that you still keep plugging along. Don't ever give in to the bastards!

Write your memoires on a pad or a diary. When you pull through, you'll have possible movie or book material. Maybe even turn it into fantasy novel later on. Plenty of good writers use personal experience as a basis of their hero's journeys and personal growth, just change the names of the villians to protect the innocent.

Helps you cathartically by getting the frustration out a little as well.

Good vibes sent your way.

Edited by Riffraff