[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

MVP Candidates

keggerz

NFLN just did a segment on MVP Candidates at this point in the season and here is the list of players they put up on screen:

Peyton Manning

Phillip Rivers

Tom Brady

Michael Vick

Clay Matthews

:wacko: <--really should be a head scratching graemlin

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NFLN just did a segment on MVP Candidates at this point in the season and here is the list of players they put up on screen:

Peyton Manning

Phillip Rivers

Tom Brady

Michael Vick

Clay Matthews

No kidding. I mean... where is Roddy White on this list. :tup:

It has to be between Manning and Rivers. Their respective teams might not win another game this year if they got hurt. Can't say the same about Brady, Vick or Matthews.

if Brady got hurt, you think the Pats would win a game with Brian Hoyer as QB and no legit running back????

not saying Brady is an MVP candidate (as dont think he is)...

how about Arian Foster??

Rivers deserves it because they would be 0-9 without him. And, because of him, could/should 7-2 or 8-1 is not for the special teams gaffs.

That being said, if the Chargers don't go 10-6 / 11-5, he will not be considered, though deserving. That is the reality of the MVP award.

It has to be between Manning and Rivers. Their respective teams might not win another game this year if they got hurt. Can't say the same about Brady, Vick or Matthews.

This

I don't know how Vick can be on this list. What'd start 3 games so far?

And they are 3-0 in those starts, and he won NFC player of the week in two of those starts. Not sure there is someone more valuable to their team than Vick....Manning and Rivers? yep, right there with him. Thats why they belong in the same conversation. Brady? Maybe, but just doesn't feel like a MVP season from him. My vote would likely go to Matthews....GB is winning with defense of late, and he is dominating.

Peyton Manning

Phillip Rivers

Tom Brady

Michael Vick

Clay Matthews

try :tup:

If Peyton Hillis continues to pull the Browns out of the muck his name will be tossed around.

Right now to me it is either Rivers, Gates, Ryan, or White.

Peyton Hillis gets Christmas Ale in July

Jenn Sterger texted naked pictures of herself to Peyton Hillis

Peyton Hillis taught Chuck Norris the roundhouse kick.

They sent Peyton Hillis to California to pull the Carnival Cruise line to shore.

Peyton Hillis doesn’t run downhill, that’s just the ground trying to get away from him.

Peyton Hillis fines Roger Goodell for weak hits.

Victoria’s secret is that she slept with Hillis

Peyton Hillis gets DiGiorno delivered.

South Beach takes their talents to Peyton Hillis.

And they are 3-0 in those starts, and he won NFC player of the week in two of those starts. Not sure there is someone more valuable to their team than Vick....

I'm not saying Vick is'nt playing well. He sure is when he's on the field. I'm saying that there's no way you could give the MVP award to someone who's played 3 games going into week 10.

There's alot of season left and if he plays great the rest of the way he could play his way into the conversation, just can't be included right now IMO

I'm not saying Vick is'nt playing well. He sure is when he's on the field. I'm saying that there's no way you could give the MVP award to someone who's played 3 games going into week 10.

There's alot of season left and if he plays great the rest of the way he could play his way into the conversation, just can't be included right now IMO

I think regardless of Vicks time on the field this year, it's what happens when he IS on the field. It's like the team becomes unstoppable. It's also a story that is very unique in that he made a horrific mistake and paid a dear price and was given a chance again and has taken that chance and could potentially take the team that offered him a chance to the playoffs +.

Some people will never consider him nothing more than a criminal what killed defenseless dogs and that I can respect. But I'm also for giving a man a second chance when he is proving that he deserves it. He's making amends with himself and carma is apparntely reflecting good on him ATM.

I think regardless of Vicks time on the field this year, it's what happens when he IS on the field. It's like the team becomes unstoppable. It's also a story that is very unique in that he made a horrific mistake and paid a dear price and was given a chance again and has taken that chance and could potentially take the team that offered him a chance to the playoffs +.

Some people will never consider him nothing more than a criminal what killed defenseless dogs and that I can respect. But I'm also for giving a man a second chance when he is proving that he deserves it. He's making amends with himself and carma is apparntely reflecting good on him ATM.

Ridiculous. The guy has played 3 whole games. It's week 10. You'd hand him the MVP if it was awarded today?

Unstoppable? He beat Detroit, Jax and a crippled Indy team.

Gimme a break

Ridiculous. The guy has played 3 whole games. It's week 10. You'd hand him the MVP if it was awarded today?

Unstoppable? He beat Detroit, Jax and a crippled Indy team.

Gimme a break

+1

he has played well when he has played but come on!!!! MVP? not with rivers,manning and ryan out there.

I have not verified this but local sports radio guys talking about the mvp award the other day and noted with the exception of Alan Page and Mark Mosley that only qbs or rbs have ever won the award. Even Jerry Rice has never won it.

Kind of funny as they had Schefter on and they mentioned this in discussing that Roddy was probably out of the running just because of that history of never going to a WR and Schefter had no clue of that fact.

Edited by CaP'N GRuNGe

Not sure there is someone more valuable to their team than Vick....

The defense is carrying the Packers. Clay Matthews is carrying the Packers' defense.

Rivers is impressive.

Arians Foster is putting up some #s, but the Titans are mediocre and he's got Schaub and the passing game to take the heat off.

Roddy White MIGHT be the best player on Atlanta's offense. Then again, it might be Matt Ryan.

Giants, Jets, Pats - they all seem to be "team" efforts.

Dark horse - maybe Josh Freeman for the Bucs?

I have not verified this but local sports radio guys talking about the mvp award the other day and noted with the exception of Alan Page and Mark Mosley that only qbs or rbs have ever won the award. Even Jerry Rice has never won it.

Lawrence Taylor won league MVP. But other than that, yeah, total RB/QB parade.

In my book, Phillip Rivers is the clear MVP up to this point. What he is doing this season is phenomenal.

:wacko:

If you say it, it has to happen :tup:

:tup: