[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So a Cleveland fan tackles a kid after the game...

Chief Dick

This is total BS and the fan should have his azz kick but not for for the writer of the letter to shame Browns fans when it was A Browns fan and I would like to hope that even other Browns fans are discussed by this. I'm not a Browns fan but a Vikes fan but I wouldn't tolerate this from anyone. It's a 8 year old kid. What's this world of sports coming too ?

I have'nt been to an NFL game in some time but I have a question. Why in God's name can't they put more security in the stands? Why are 8 year olds, or any opposing fans, still getting food thrown at them at football games?

Alcohol :wacko:

I have'nt been to an NFL game in some time but I have a question. Why in God's name can't they put more security in the stands? Why are 8 year olds, or any opposing fans, still getting food thrown at them at football games?

Very true on the food.

But he was tackled in a parking lot. :wacko: drunken stupidity at it worst.

I should've included the parking lot.

Look, the NFL franchises pay hundreds of millions of dollars to their players. Why can't spend the money to have more security in the stands and parking lots to protect the fans?

I don't know how parking works at most NFL venues, but the lots are scattered all over in Detroit. There is a big ramp next to the stadium, but it's like $50 to park there on game days. Most fans park in one of the various privately-owned lots spread around the stadium area (Comerica Park and several concert venues are down there as well). Therefore, security in those areas is not the responsibility of the NFL/Lions. This may well be the exception, though. I don't know.

Either way, what this drunk fan did is inexcusable. Totally agree with you, Chief. If it's my kid, drunk dude's catching the beating of his life.

I love going to games and heckle the opposing teams' fans. But I would never in a million years say anything to a child or even a group of fans where children were present. Actually the last time I got into an issue at a game was with another Dolphin fan who was hammered beyond reason and unloading on a couple of Bill's dad's with their 3 kids. Got me and the jack-off both tossed from the game but as a parent first, I won't stand for that sh*t. You have to be a real loser to lay your hands on a kid.

With regard to my previous post I would accept whatever decision might come my way; should a jury of my peers chose to absolve me of my actions I'd be thankful but if not I'd accept that decision too: we do live in a country of laws, not of men.

My actions would remain the same without regard to outcome.