[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'm glad I don't live in NJ

Perchoutofwater

to put him in jail, for a year or seven, is a preposterous travesty IMO.

Having read the whole thread, I tend to agree with this. I get the impression this guy might be his own worst enemy but when some $hitfaced drunk driver here gets away with a year in the workhouse (minus time served, good behavior and all the rest of the credits) for killing a guy, it's obvious things are out of whack.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm also glad that I don't live in New Jersey. I hate snow. I hate that it gets dark at 4:30pm. I hate that it's gray and cold and ugly in the winter. I hate that for the four years that I lived in the Northeast, during the winter, I considered opening my veins up just to see a little color. I guess it would be more correct for me to say that I'm glad I don't live in the North.

this guy has no record, and was in the middle of moving. he had stuff that he's allowed to have in his home, but not in his car. if you want to slap him with a couple hundred dollar fine or something, I am on board with that. to put him in jail, for a year or seven, is a preposterous travesty IMO.

Winner!

I'm gonna go ahead and say no, absolutely not. I do not want every minute violation of any statute to be prosecuted to the fullest extent. I don't want someone who forgets to sign their tax return put in jail. I do want someone who intentionally cheats on their taxes to be put in jail. I do want someone with a known criminal history and criminal associations who gets stopped with guns and hollow point ammo in his car to have the screws put to him. this is why we give prosecutors and judges so much discretion as far as what they charge and how they sentence. it is their RESPONSIBILITY to use common sense in trying to prevent what the law actually tries to prevent, rather than seeking out any and every technical violation and hammering it as hard as they can.

this guy has no record, and was in the middle of moving. he had stuff that he's allowed to have in his home, but not in his car. if you want to slap him with a couple hundred dollar fine or something, I am on board with that. to put him in jail, for a year or seven, is a preposterous travesty IMO.

I dont think he should be slapped with a jail fine, but the guy CALLED THE STATE POLICE TO SEE WHAT IS LEGAL AND WHAT ISNT. So you are telling me that if a guy calls to see if bazookas are illegal . . finds out they ARE illegal . . and then still owns a bazooka and gets caught, that they shouldnt be prosecuted? :wacko: Not talking about length of punishment/fine at all here . . but punishing someone for knowingly breaking the law?

Keep in mind the "to the fullest extent" was your colorful editorializing, and NOT my words. That being said, this will definitely be overturned on appeal, based on the facts available to us so far.

I liked Jersey when I lived there ...right down the road from Hugh One :wacko: That said, the property taxes are a bit high for my taste... not sure the gun laws would hinder me from living there though. Yeah, it gets cold as hell in the Winter but that just makes for good Hockey weather. Anyways...on with your debate LOL.

I'm also glad that I don't live in New Jersey. I hate snow. I hate that it gets dark at 4:30pm. I hate that it's gray and cold and ugly in the winter. I hate that for the four years that I lived in the Northeast, during the winter, I considered opening my veins up just to see a little color. I guess it would be more correct for me to say that I'm glad I don't live in the North.

I PRAISE YOU 24/7 AND THIS IS HOW YOU DO ME??? I'LL NEVER FORGET THIS!!! EVER!!!!!

I liked Jersey when I lived there ...right down the road from Hugh One :wacko:That said, the property taxes are a bit high for my taste... not sure the gun laws would hinder me from living there though. Yeah, it gets cold as hell in the Winter but that just makes for good Hockey weather. Anyways...on with your debate LOL.

It is just insane

• 3 weeks later...