[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Seahawks Stadium

Seahawks21

The people that are pissed are the people that have been buying two beers at a time and paying the price for the large beer and in the end aren't getting any more beer than they would have had they bought the small beer all season. Seahawks Stadium isn't known for having the classiest or most intelligent of guests. It is very much a drunken mob mentality.

Edited by Seahawks21

LOL at the thought of getting 4 oz. of free beer. I'm sure that really cut into the teeny tiny profit they made on the $7.25 beer they thought was 16 oz.

The price of beer at stadiums is complete bullchit. I liken it to paying $70 for a monster HDMI cable at Best Buy when you can get one for $7 if you order it elsewhere online. It's just businesses taking advantage of consumers.

You can get an entire case of beer for just 3 of those "bargain" 16 oz. deals...

One concern might be from people who were using ounces consumed to determine their blood alcohol count. It's not hard to imagine somebody going from expecting to be just under .08 to just over .08 because they consumed 25% more alcohol than they thought they had.

One concern might be from people who were using ounces consumed to determine their blood alcohol count. It's not hard to imagine somebody going from expecting to be just under .08 to just over .08 because they consumed 25% more alcohol than they thought they had.

I'd bet the only people counting the oz's of beer they drink are the economists.

The people that are pissed are the people that have been buying two beers at a time and paying the price for the large beer and in the end aren't getting any more beer than they would have had they bought the small beer all season. Seahawks Stadium isn't known for having the classiest or most intelligent of guests. It is very much a drunken mob mentality.

I still don't get it...so the guy that forked over $18 for two beers is pissed because he got exactly what he thought he was going to get? He's basically upset that those that bought small beers got a deal that was a mistake by the printing company....and this is causing a stir in Seattle?

Is there really nothing else of note to worry about in these times?

Not a bad point....except as Seahawks pointed out, no one in Seattle has thought of this yet :wacko: The only people apparently upset are those that missed out on taking advantage of a mistake by the cup supplier.

How in the world can people be upset about getting free beer? Even if you buy the full, you're not getting any less than you paid for... So it appears the only outrage here is that they couldn't scam the stadium out of $1.25 themselves.

In a world where they're now considering selling tickets just to stand outside the Super Bowl, it's truly amazing that people can be outraged by a company accidentally skimming 20% off of their own small beer sales.

You're standing there with your $9 beer with 20 ounces in it. Your buddy comes up with the same beer, with the same 20 ounces, and says they only charged me $7.50 for it. Aren't you gonna go back and ask for the $1.50?

:tup:

So those that bought a small (16 oz) beer actually got 4 free ounces of beer....and those that bought a large got what they paid for.

What am I missing??? :wacko:

The fact that Seahawk fans aren't very smart.

Or good looking.

No. I'd bet no one else did either.

Huh? Not sure if thousands of letters qualify, but bags of mail were delivered to Levy and their customer service e-mail address was shut down for the last two days. Remember, these are beer drinkers. Not exactly rational creatures. Not the safest bet IMO.

You're standing there with your $9 beer with 20 ounces in it. Your buddy comes up with the same beer, with the same 20 ounces, and says they only charged me $7.50 for it. Aren't you gonna go back and ask for the $1.50?

I'd be a little miffed, but no. Lesson learned... move on and buy the less expensive beer (with the same amount) for the next round. Plus, if I'm at a game, drinking the "large" beer, and I notice that the "small" beers don't seem to be any smaller in size than the "large" ones, I'm probably going to figure out that I'm better off buying the "small" beers, for less money.

This reminds me of my experience at Subway a few months ago... I ask the girl behind the counter what the difference is between the "Philly Cheesesteak" sandwich for $7, and the "Steak and Cheese" sandwich for $6. She tells me that the only difference is the price, at which point I tell her I'd like to order the less expensive version of the same sandwich (the $6 Steak and Cheese). She makes the sandwich, and then STILL tries to charge me $7. :wacko:

Of course, already a little bit annoyed that they were advertising the same sandwich with two different prices, I pointed out to her that it should only be $6, and she corrected it before taking my money. Had I paid ($7), eaten the sandwich, and THEN noticed the error, I probably wouldn't have even bothered bringing it to her attention (over a dollar). It would have been partially my fault, for failing to notice, and I would have lived with it.

Same deal here... Like I said, if the small and big beers appear to be the same size, buy the "small" one. Simple as that. The company made a mistake. Whatever. Move on.

Wait. The cups are a different size right as far as cosmetics go? For example, you can look at both cups side by side and realize that the one you have in your hand looks bigger and the one your buddy has in his hand looks smaller. Is that correct? If so, how do you both then know that you have 20 ounces of beer?

Huh? Not sure if thousands of letters qualify, but bags of mail were delivered to Levy and their customer service e-mail address was shut down for the last two days. Remember, these are beer drinkers. Not exactly rational creatures. Not the safest bet IMO.

I can pretty much guarantee you that if anyone discovered during the game that the concession stand was screwing up and you could get more beer at a cheaper price, that no one was running up there and telling them about it so they would quit doing it.

Beer drinkers aren't that dumb. :wacko:

Cops in WA state will give you a DUI no matter the BAC. Buddy got one with a 0.05; someone got one with a 0.02 and it caused a publicity backfire. It's ridiculous up here. It's to the point I won't even enjoy a beer with dinner unless someone else is driving.

Cops in WA state will give you a DUI no matter the BAC. Buddy got one with a 0.05; someone got one with a 0.02 and it caused a publicity backfire. It's ridiculous up here. It's to the point I won't even enjoy a beer with dinner unless someone else is driving.

they may be cited but no way they were convicted ????????????

And they overlook the 8 pounds of Josh Gordon in the backseat...especially if you give 'em half.

they may be cited but no way they were convicted ????????????

The .08 is an automatic DUI, but you don't need to blow that to become convicted. If the police believes you are driving while impaired, it doesn't matter how much you actually consumed. I got through alcohol treatment a few months ago, and there were actually two people in my little group that blew below .08 (although one was under 21). Heck, there was a girl that was there for driving with her prescription Xanax. It's all about the dough here.

Edited by Seahawks21

Valid point. I understand what your saying but......how do said people determine "water down beer" and it's alcohol percentage to determine there blood alcohol count.

Edited by Seahawk

Valid point. I understand what your saying but......how do said people determine "water down beer" and it's alcohol percentage to determine there blood alcohol count.

I think you just solved this whole thing. Maybe the "small" beer is 16 ounces of beer with 4 ounces of water. So the total volume is the same as the large but not the alcohol content.