[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Best/worst of the "little" inventions

BeeR

K-Cup is the coffee industries way of over-charging you for coffee you drink at home. I guess it's not a bad deal if you drink a cup or two a day like a normal person, but if you are a coffee addict like me :wacko: it can get pretty expensive.

$.43-$.48 a cup, if you shop around, verses $1.50 for a medium Tim Horton's or $1.60+ for DD. Won't even go to a Starbucks.

Way above average, consistent, and quick coffee.

I used to go to TH 4-5 days a week for a medium coffee. Never go now.

Plus you can use your own coffee in the reusable gold filter for pennies. If the blight is garbage related, you can recycle them.

I guess if you drink a pot and a half a day you might think twice.

What's not to love?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

$.43-$.48 a cup, if you shop around, verses $1.50 for a medium Tim Horton's or $1.60+ for DD. Won't even go to a Starbucks.

Way above average, consistent, and quick coffee.

I used to go to TH 4-5 days a week for a medium coffee. Never go now.

Plus you can use your own coffee in the reusable gold filter for pennies. If the blight is garbage related, you can recycle them.

I guess if you drink a pot and a half a day you might think twice.

What's not to love?

I guess I forgot to mention that aside from being a coffee addict I'm also a cheap bastard.

Dunkin Donuts Original Blend coffee from Sam's club comes out to about $.14 a 6 oz cup but for an even comparison (I mean who drinks a 6oz cup of coffee), I would probably say more like $.20 a cup.

:wacko:

I don't even want to project my savings for the entire year since then I would really have to face the fact that I have a problem. :tup:

Liquid shower soap

The screw top on OJ and milk half gallons

K-cups

Invisible fence

hole card cam

DVR

No idea what a "hole card cam" is and those single-serve coffees will be great when the price becomes reasonable, but the rest :wacko:

Also how could I forget condiments and similar containers w/the flip top vs being a separate piece you take off, and esp those "squeezable" ones?

No idea what a "hole card cam" is and those single-serve coffees will be great when the price becomes reasonable, but the rest :wacko:

Also how could I forget condiments and similar containers w/the flip top vs being a separate piece you take off, and esp those "squeezable" ones?

think texas holdem...

more interesting knowing the cards

adjustable seats on public transportation. Im 6'3" and I can manage with the seat fully upright yet every day I get a person that I have a good 6-8" on that sits in front of me and pops the F in seat back like they are in their friggin living room.

Edited by whomper

How about the inflatables for the gutters in bowling. They have evolved further but that simple idea brought tons of money to the sport, allowing younger children to enjoy it, mostly with the parties. No brain surgery to come up with that idea.

Worst invention - Ipod

My life would be infinitely worse without my iPod(s). It's maybe my most indispensable possession.

Other faves of mine:

Carbonation

Ridged potato chips

Pants with that hidden elastic waistband

Fantasy sports

Showerheads with the handheld extention

The bottomless cup of coffee

Ones I hate:

Those stick figure stickers on cars illustrating how many people are in their family. No one cares.

Reduced fat canned soup. There hasn't been an edible one created yet.

American Idol

Any product that says it removes soap scum and doesn't, which is all of them.

Original Sin

How about the inflatables for the gutters in bowling. They have evolved further but that simple idea brought tons of money to the sport, allowing younger children to enjoy it, mostly with the parties. No brain surgery to come up with that idea.

Don't they have the pop ups guards where you live?

They're awesome, they go up when the little one is bowling and back down for the next bowler.