[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Need some help

Big Country

One of my duties at work is to send out informational updates. These are going to high level managers, so they get ignored if they are too long or if there isn't a catchy title.

Another group that performs similar duties for their division sends out "Newsflash" e-mails. We're looking to piggy back this concept, but don;t want to use the "News Flash" name.

Trying to come up with alternatives... they need to be short and to the point.

Some ideas I've had but don't really like are:

Hot Flash

Hot Off the Press

News Wire

Breaking News

These are going to generally be high level overviews of process changes, etc., things that will affect the managers we are sending to so we want them to take notice.

Any thoughts out there on some sort of tagline I could use.

Thanks in advance for any useful ideas, emphasis on useful, though I will appreciate all of the useless albeit hughmorous suggestions.

We call 'em "Dashboards"

I send them out once a week in bullet-point format with all our hotels weekly stats, important capital needs, competitive info, etc...

unfortunately we have a bunch of other reports called Dashboards.... now, if I wanted to make sure the stuff did not get read......

One of my duties at work is to send out informational updates. These are going to high level managers, so they get ignored if they are too long or if there isn't a catchy title.

Another group that performs similar duties for their division sends out "Newsflash" e-mails. We're looking to piggy back this concept, but don;t want to use the "News Flash" name.

Trying to come up with alternatives... they need to be short and to the point.

Some ideas I've had but don't really like are:

Hot Flash

Hot Off the Press

News Wire

Breaking News

These are going to generally be high level overviews of process changes, etc., things that will affect the managers we are sending to so we want them to take notice.

Any thoughts out there on some sort of tagline I could use.

Thanks in advance for any useful ideas, emphasis on useful, though I will appreciate all of the useless albeit hughmorous suggestions.

"process changes" sounds like protocol changes ... and, C3PO was a protocol driod ... so, maybe you could go with "The C3PO Report" ... or ... "Suggestions From C3PO" ... ??

Using words that make the reader feel privaleged would be a good idea, imo. Here are some of my ideas:

Confidential Update

Insider Alert

Classified Report

Or any mix of the above (Classifed Alert, Insider Update etc...)

I think I like Insider Alert best. Hope this helps.

keep it simple and straightforward ...

Important Updates or

Essential Updates

too much Flash! Hot! etc. makes it seem like you need to convince them to read something vs. them being expected to read something and needing to read something to keep up and stay current.

[sheen] Winning News [/sheen]

on a serious note...managers don't have much time and bullet point info/news with the highlights/low lights is what matters so with that:

Top 10 News Updates (or kill the word news)

Not so Top 10 News Updates (or again, kill the word news) (for that info that isn't so great of course)

or possibly:

Flash Updates (initially I was thinking "The Flash Drive")

Flash News Bytes (or maybe kill the word news)

Intelligence Bytes

Edit: The Scoop

Edited by keggerz

How about just including a read receipt? Make it mandatory that they send the receipt, acknowledging they read your email. Not sure how many people you're looking at here, but follow-up with the people who did not respond.

In one of my previous lives, I used to have to do the same thing. Problem is people will "learn" quickly that what you send is or is not pertinent to them. Heck, my current company sends out release notes internally re: updates/enhancements to our software... and we know the decision ultimately comes down to the recipient whether or not your email makes it past the preview pane. Hate to say it, but that's been my experience. I do like "Information regarding your bonus" as was suggested. But (IMHO) your title will become moot. Can you break down the data so it's an easy glance through for each Manager? In today's info overload and time constraints, I'd suggest short and sweet - right to the point. Something quick and dirty (how about that as a title? "The Quick and Dirty") which gets them the info in the shortest amount of time, but leaves a lasting impression.

Marketing - we're slashing your budget by 25%

Operations - Larry had 5 people quit this week, cut him some slack

IT - we got new Pentium III's for you

One thing I did in one job was add the current and next day's weather reports. Oddly enough, many people said they read my daily updates for that alone.