[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Anyone else consider this NFL draft a yawn

BeeR

I've always enjoyed analyzing the draft in a big way, but between a lack of true "stud"/superstar prospects and (mostly) the impending lockout SNAFU, this is the first year in maybe decades that I've been almost totally uninterested in the draft. I plan to just skim the picks the next day, go "whatever" and move on. Realize this is blasphemy to you hard-core people, just wondering if it's all a yawner to anyone else.

I've always enjoyed analyzing the draft in a big way, but between a lack of true "stud"/superstar prospects and (mostly) the impending lockout SNAFU, this is the first year in maybe decades that I've been almost totally uninterested in the draft. I plan to just skim the picks the next day, go "whatever" and move on. Realize this is blasphemy to you hard-core people, just wondering if it's all a yawner to anyone else.

i can see where you're coming from but i'm still interested. One of the more unpredictable drafts i can remember.

I'm usually a bit over the top excited about the NFL draft. I traditionally host a party complete with kegs and plenty of food. We analyze each pick and try to understand what in the world each team was thinking when they made their choices. Now, I can honestly say, I could care less. I'll more than likely watch the 1st round, get annoyed with the rhetoric, and be pissed at the Eagles for another terrible selection.

as a FF devotee, I like drafts more when they have a few red hot rookie RBs or WRs but this draft should be very interesting. Without FA happening, teams have to draft truly for need since they won't be able to know what veterans will be there for them. That could give rookies better chance to start this year and could screw some of the older vets who might take a backseat to a rookie now. Make teams less likely to take "best player available" and more likely to tab "a guy who helps now".

Also, there is no way Cam Newton is going to go #1 overall to CAR. I don't care how 'certain' the media is speculating this to be true.

I hope your right. I think it's a bad move if they do, but it seems to look like that's what's going to happen.

I'm still very interested to see who the Chargers get in the draft this year. Alot of positions could be upgraded, especially at the line positions on both sides of the ball.

Edited by Chargerz

just the opposite, I am extremely interested to see how the draft goes down because they won't be able to trade current players.

Yep, plus its deep with grinders like DL and OL. so talent will be littered through 7 full rounds this yr.

The funny thing is, 5 years from now we could all be saying this was the best draft class of all time. I agree, there's no real standout studs at the top of the draft, but there are a ton of really good players that have the potential to be great and right now, with aging stars and lack of overall talent, there is a lot of opportunity.

The funny thing is, 5 years from now we could all be saying this was the best draft class of all time. I agree, there's no real standout studs at the top of the draft, but there are a ton of really good players that have the potential to be great and right now, with aging stars and lack of overall talent, there is a lot of opportunity.

True, or the worst draft. Completely disagree about the lack of overall talent comment though.

I agree. Most have stated that this years Offensive talent is weak, but the more I delve into it, the more there might be some guys that are just way overlooked and could end up as high as a low 1st or as low as a 6th rounder, but still end up starting... Very interesting!

This.

True, or the worst draft. Completely disagree about the lack of overall talent comment though.

I'm talking more in the way of HoF players. Maybe we do have some all-time greats at the QB position that still have quite a few years left in the tank, but when players like Ray Lewis at 35 years old is still widely considered as one of the top 3-5 LBs in the league then I'm not so sure that's a reflection of just how good Lewis is rather than a lack of upper tier & consistent talent there is in the league. And that's speaking across the board as well. Players like TO, Tony Gonzales and Lewis, sure-fire HoF players from very early in their careers & keeping up that level of play throughout, getting long in the tooth & close to retirement.

I'm talking more in the way of HoF players. Maybe we do have some all-time greats at the QB position that still have quite a few years left in the tank, but when players like Ray Lewis at 35 years old is still widely considered as one of the top 3-5 LBs in the league then I'm not so sure that's a reflection of just how good Lewis is rather than a lack of upper tier & consistent talent there is in the league. And that's speaking across the board as well. Players like TO, Tony Gonzales and Lewis, sure-fire HoF players from very early in their careers & keeping up that level of play throughout, getting long in the tooth & close to retirement.

Okay, that makes more sense. Still disagree though but I see your point. Lewis is no where near as good as he used to be, they just talk about him all the time. There clearly are a fantastic group of MLB's in the league that are much better than Lewis now, they just aren't talked about as much. Probably the same with most soon to be HOF.