[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Electricity Costs-Thanks Barry-Yer Doin A heck Of A Job!

caddyman

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:bow: While you two arent the smartest turnips around . . I have said that personalizing something as enormously complicated such as this and blaming one person is silly. Pretty sure I have said that since . . . forever. If you want to look at specific policy decisions by an administration, I look forward to anything you might have. But inane comments like that are just ridiculous.

Zeke, often you have quite a bit of information and logic before you go off the deep end of crazy. Tosberg, I think most people have given up all hope of any kind of intellegent response from you. You :lol: talking points without any actual thought.

Now you can go back to your regularly scheduled :tup::wacko::rofl: Enjoy.

::rofl:

I used less kwh this year and my bill was higher. Been that way for the last year I think.

usage same or lower each month but my bill was higher.

I blame SCE though. money gouging piles of shaving cream.

I used less kwh this year and my bill was higher. Been that way for the last year I think.

usage same or lower each month but my bill was higher.

I blame SCE though. money gouging piles of shaving cream.

Only problem is there is almost no profit tied into the bills provided to residential customers, it is pretty much a straight pass through. Profit for utilities (at least the investor owned, regulated ones in CA i.e. SCE, SDG&E and PG&E, can't speak to other states) is tied to investment in capital and is capped by the CPUC.

Only problem is there is almost no profit tied into the bills provided to residential customers, it is pretty much a straight pass through. Profit for utilities (at least the investor owned, regulated ones in CA i.e. SCE, SDG&E and PG&E, can't speak to other states) is tied to investment in capital and is capped by the CPUC.

Size of bills also tends to depend on the state regulator too. Utilities have to jump through all sorts of hoops to raise prices.............if they are regulated.

And I am sure that in that time you have used the exact same amount of energy every single May. Maybe adding more information that actually allows a comparison to be made, such as usage, thus allowing us to see average cost of kwH or something would draw more sympathy.

I can assure you that in the month of May in Pennsylvania that I did not use 100% more electricity than in 2008. Some real dumbness here from you guys. I am pretty confident the price has gone up in the Obamer years. Geez is it that hard to admit this guy really is not helping this country?

I wonder if somewhere deep in the Huddle archives, there's a post from a liberal blaming Bush for his electricity bill? Seems pretty unlikely but maybe there is. :wacko:

And tweedle dee and tweedle dumberer jumped on board. :tup:

I can assure you that in the month of May in Pennsylvania that I did not use 100% more electricity than in 2008. Some real dumbness here from you guys. I am pretty confident the price has gone up in the Obamer years. Geez is it that hard to admit this guy really is not helping this country?

Have you called your utility company?

Because if nothing has changed, meaning you have not added a hot tub, or swimming pool, or the like, then it's possible your utility company has been reading your meter wrong.

Which makes you a serious dumbass for blaming a man in a White House instead of actually identifying the problem. Because utility prices doubling in the last 4 years is a massive crock of crap.

And this is speaking from a perspective of a guy who sold furnaces and AC's the last four years, so I can tell you I've kept a pretty close eye on utility costs.

So to sum up, you are a dipmanure.

Edited by Chief Dick

I didn't realize the federal government regulated electric rates. For some reason i thought that duty fell to the state. What party controls your state governorship and legislature? Maybe you should be directed your ire elsewhere.

Edit: somebody correct me if i'm wrong here.

Edited by CaP'N GRuNGe

I didn't realize the federal government regulated electric rates. For some reason i thought that duty fell to the state. What party controls your state governorship and legislature? Maybe you should be directed your ire elsewhere.

Edit: somebody correct me if i'm wrong here.

While (at least in CA) the state PUC does control rates, FERC does have oversight of wholesale electricity rates and interstate electricity sales, which are all contributing factors to the cost of providing electricity, and thus contributors to the consumer rate.

Obama is not in over his head.

WE ARE ALL IN OVER OUR HEADS.

The blaming is a waste of time.

This ain't brain surgery. There were & are too many greedy & stupid consumers . . . and too many stupid & greedy bankers. This is America, spending is what we do.

There are NO answers. There are NO better answers.

Periodically, different shat will hit the fan and it won't matter if you duck because the fan will be on a 360 degree swivel.

Good luck too everyone.

Have you called your utility company?

Because if nothing has changed, meaning you have not added a hot tub, or swimming pool, or the like, then it's possible your utility company has been reading your meter wrong.

Which makes you a serious dumbass for blaming a man in a White House instead of actually identifying the problem. Because utility prices doubling in the last 4 years is a massive crock of crap.

And this is speaking from a perspective of a guy who sold furnaces and AC's the last four years, so I can tell you I've kept a pretty close eye on utility costs.

So to sum up, you are a dipmanure.

Not necessary to call names. The post was just one that was very simialr to many posts in the Bush years. Bush was blamed for EVERYTHING in his term and then continued to get the blame thrown on him for years in the next adminstration. I am sorry the theme of my post was too complicated for such a pedestrian dumb ass laborer like yourself.

Not necessary to call names. The post was just one that was very simialr to many posts in the Bush years. Bush was blamed for EVERYTHING in his term and then continued to get the blame thrown on him for years in the next adminstration. I am sorry the theme of my post was too complicated for such a pedestrian dumb ass laborer like yourself.

Isn't this thread about Obama trying to bring the country out of Bush's 2nd Great Depression? We all ready know who did it, but let's talk about the present and future. There is no need to worry about the past, because we can't go back in time and fix our mistakes.

She began to walk away...wondering, maybe even hoping that he would follow. She didn't want to look back but she couldn't help herself. He was still standing there, with a subtle smirk highlighting his face. He opened the passenger side door. She knew she should know better. But sometimes, you just have to do something that makes no sense. At least that's what she told herself.

She began to walk away...wondering, maybe even hoping that he would follow. She didn't want to look back but she couldn't help herself. He was still standing there, with a subtle smirk highlighting his face. He opened the passenger side door. She knew she should know better. But sometimes, you just have to do something that makes no sense. At least that's what she told herself.

I'm still convinved this will turn ugly once the clothes come off.

:wacko: Wrong. Not to mention you weren't even coming here for a big chunk of that time then you got banned for bagging on vets of the Iraqi war and lying about having a relative over there. You've only been back a short time and are now being called out for basically making something up to complain about, because it's clear if your electricity prices really did double then it's a local issue. Shoo.

:wacko: Wrong. Not to mention you weren't even coming here for a big chunk of that time then you got banned for bagging on vets of the Iraqi war and lying about having a relative over there. You've only been back a short time and are now being called out for basically making something up to complain about, because it's clear if your electricity prices really did double then it's a local issue. Shoo.

Good stuff right herer. :tup:

I still blame SCE since there is another electricity company servicing the eastern part of our valley. I have a few friends down there and they pay less per kilowatt then I do. Usage is roughly the same but their bills are 40-50 less a month.

Not even close to accurate. I see you don't like being exposed for what you are. I am sorry. I will try to type a little slower for people such as yourself. Again, Bush got blamed for everything under the sun. Even when he was out of office your boy Uncle Tom Barry Hussein was blaming him for everything in the world. He is still trying to do it. The clock is ticking on this idiot. Let's hope he does not totally ruin this country before he is done. You may shoo yourself. I certainly don't take orders from innernet losers. Good day.

For the record, I have been back a long time. That issue was years ago. Also, I have no problem with what I said about a soldier openly criticizing his commander in chief. At least that was what his daddy was so proud of. I believed then he was a traitor and have not changed my mind. I really don't give a shiat about whose little boy he is. A traitor is a traitor no matter who your daddy is.

I still blame SCE since there is another electricity company servicing the eastern part of our valley. I have a few friends down there and they pay less per kilowatt then I do. Usage is roughly the same but their bills are 40-50 less a month.

If that is one of the municipality utilities (ie LA Power and Water or Pasadena Water and Power, etc.) then you can blame the fact that as part of regulation, Investor Owned Utilities can not own both the means of production and transmission, ie we can't generate and pass through the costs like the municipally owned ones can. In other words, the IOUs have to mark up their own production to market rates so that it is a "competitive" market environment for smaller power generators. In addition, environmental regulation requires that they get a certain amount of power from renewable resources (wind, solar, etc.) which is exponentially more expensive than other methods (coal, nuclear).

So, you can blame SCE all you want, as an SCE customer I would love to as well, but when you boil it down to the facts, there really isn't much that they can do.

I'm a little tired this morning :wacko: but this thread can't be serious?

It drove me nuts how ridiculous the left was during the GWB years. Now, our local elephant clan wants to show how the right is no better with associating nonsensical events with the current guy in office? Nice work proving their is plenty of dumb on both sides. :tup:

I'm a little tired this morning :tup: but this thread can't be serious?

It drove me nuts how ridiculous the left was during the GWB years. Now, our local elephant clan wants to show how the right is no better with associating nonsensical events with the current guy in office? Nice work proving their is plenty of dumb on both sides. :lol:

I don't think you are giving him enough credit. :wacko: