[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

words with friends

CaP'N GRuNGe

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I beat grunge the first time I played him and he is getting some serious revenge in game 2 :lol: total ass whoopin. Rajn is a sneaky bastage

:brow:

Grunge is kicking my arse. Nothing like his second word being seven letters. :rant:

Try playing Matt when he drops seven on you twice in a row. Then, just when you're starting to mount a comeback, he literally drops "sh*t" on you and smacks you right back down. Had I known you could use curse words I wouldn;t have set him up that way. :glare: Edited by rajncajn

:brow:

Try playing Matt when he drops seven on you twice in a row. Then he literally drops "sh*t" on you and smacks you right back down. Had I known you could use curse words I wouldn;t have set him up that way. :glare:

I was waiting for some outrage... :lol:

So far:

vs

Puddy 2-1

Bpwallace 1-0

Grunge 1-1

Whomper 1-1

Matt 0-1

Dug 0-1

Currently:

winning vs DoG aka slowest player ever. :shades:

winning vs Whomper

winning vs Grunge

losing vs bpwallace

getting my ass handed to me by Matt :glare:

afraid to take on DMD because Whomper says he cheats.

All-in-all, not too bad. I'm actually doing much better than I thought I would.

There is definitely cheating involved in this game. I mean what the hell are - zas, qis, feds (abrev. shouldn't count), xu, ova, etc. And I wasn't even aware that you could stick words next to other words already formed and have letters together that don't make real words. Like ova is bumped up with tweeds in a game I have going with bpwallace and the "a" in ova is next to the "t" in tweeds therefore, making the word TA. Now I now what T&A is but just TA? Getting my ass whooped 338-237, thanks to all those ridiculous 2-3 letter words. He's gotten several upper 20 to 30 pointers while I'm lucky to average in the mid-upper teens. This game is fun though.

What really gets my goat are the double vowel or double consonant words. Aa, Ae, ai, oe, oi, mm, and sh should not be words. A word needs have to have both a consonant and a vowel to be a word. The game becomes all about the 2 letter words when so many are allowed. I'd even support getting rid of ah, er, oh, ow, uh, and um. Those aren't words, they are grunts. And lastly, I'd get rid of qi, qat, za, jo, xi, xu. The high count letters should be hard to play, having the easy word options makes them too easy.

Agreed. I know there's no way to monitor but dictionary shouldn't be allowed. It's more fun to just try to use what vocabulary you have.

There is definitely cheating involved in this game. I mean what the hell are - zas, qis, feds (abrev. shouldn't count), xu, ova, etc. And I wasn't even aware that you could stick words next to other words already formed and have letters together that don't make real words. Like ova is bumped up with tweeds in a game I have going with bpwallace and the "a" in ova is next to the "t" in tweeds therefore, making the word TA. Now I now what T&A is but just TA? Getting my ass whooped 338-237, thanks to all those ridiculous 2-3 letter words. He's gotten several upper 20 to 30 pointers while I'm lucky to average in the mid-upper teens. This game is fun though.

I learned from the best. Dmd and grunge. Who keep kicking my butt.

Would be fun to be able to "observe" some of these matchups going on.

Once I catch back up at work now that I am back from vacation I will be sure to get a few more games going with you. I need a win, so I guess I'll be sure to challenge whomper first. :oldrazz:

I learned from the best. Dmd and grunge. Who keep kicking my butt.

How'd you like that beatdown from Scoob, BP :boxing: ? She is a spelling champ and a hardened scrabble player. Like I said earlier, my money is on Scooby in this tourney. :shades: (you know I had to jack with you on this one, and for the record, I am horrible at this game)

:rockyapollocreedstaredown: DMD, I had to get her a confidence warm up before she takes you on. As her agent :brow:, I can say that you will be hearing from her soon. :rockyapollocreedstaredown:

Edited by Scooby's Hubby

you do have to learn the two letter words or at least try them out to see if they work. Were it not for "qi", you would be pretty screwed getting the "q" late in the game which obtw is happening to me in two matches. Even then it is no surety that you can use a q without an open "i" somewhere or a "u" and a lot of luck.

The game consists of playing words that are in the English language. There are what, tens of thousands of words? Hundreds of thousands? It's not cheating if you play valid words, no matter how obscure they may be. The game is awesome because it exercises your brain, rewards creativity and enriches your vocabulary. I've been hooked on scrabble since I was little.

The game consists of playing words that are in the English language. There are what, tens of thousands of words? Hundreds of thousands?

http://oxforddictionaries.com/words/how-many-words-are-there-in-the-english-language

Even the Oxford English Dictionary doesn't know, estimates 1/4 to 3/4 million words

Are we going to allow Paulie to be ringside throughout this whole event?

I only stare at her rack :brow: after she plays.

When I play her, I have to play very defensive and still do not win, but every once in a while I can at least keep it close. It is kinda like a Nets/Lakers game, LoL. You know I am gonna lose, but if I can just keep it within a few free throws distance... I have never beat her.

got my ass kicked by bpwallace and all his crappy 2 letter words. If anyone wants a shot at kicking my ass next my username is Irish10163.