[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I knew this day would come

buddahj

My oldest daughter (14) has her 1st "real" boyfriend. I guess I'll have to put the fear of God into him. Damn, they grow up sooooo fast.

When my daughter brought her first boyfriend home for me to meet, I took it as an opportunity to let him know whats up. Sitting on the couch, I took out a tablet and started drawing. As i was drawing, I asked him what his birthdate was and how to spell his last name. This sparked interest in the young lad. He attempted to peak at what I was doing, but this old dog is quick. After I was done, I peaked over at him and he was starring intensely at my tablet. When I was done, I reached out and layed the tablet on the coffee table and left the room. All I heard was "Oh my god". :wacko:

I drawn a cross with his name and birthdate on it and left the date of death as a ?. Above it, I wrote "Don't you dare screw over my daughter"....

They are still together and he just graduated from the Air Force academy. He reminds me of that day often. Guess I made my point. :tup:

The first time I was brought home to meet the parents of a girl I started dating in high school I wasn't very nervous. Her father was an engineer for NASA so after introductions were made I spent the next hour or so chatting with him about stuff (i should note he was deaf and my girlfriend has to translate for me since I didn't know sign language at the time). Before we left he pulled me into his office and showed me his wall of bayonets he collected, pointed in the direction of the front door where my girl friend was waiting then pointed at my crotch.

Point taken.

I don't remember being threatened by any chick's dad back in the day. :wacko: I must look like a respectful, good natured person unlike you sick frackers. :tup:

Just kidding, their dad didn't really love them and chick's with daddy issues were easier to get naked. My econ teacher always said you should "know the market".

I am going to shave a set of eyes into my back hair. When the first boy walks through the door I will greet him shirtless and tell him not to try anything behind my back

I am going to shave a set of eyes into my back hair. When the first boy walks through the door I will greet him shirtless and tell him not to try anything behind my back

It would be amusing if the boy replied back with "So, that's why your daughter says you are always talking out of your ass."

It would be amusing if the boy replied back with "So, that's why your daughter says you are always talking out of your ass."

I would then tip my cap to him for his wit and follow that up by suplexing him

Meh. The last thing you want is to chase all the nice guys away. At least they're usually smart enough to buy condoms.

Maybe you should be smart enough to provide them, you know, just in case.

:Dusckandrunsfromdadsofdaughters:

Maybe you should be smart enough to provide them, you know, just in case.

:Dusckandrunsfromdadsofdaughters:

My mom bought me a box of 100 condoms when I was about a sophomore in high school. I didn't use them right away. But when my girlfriend's parents left for the summer, they were all gone in no time. That sex was going to happen regardless. So I suppose there is something to be said for sober, parental pragmatism.

Edited by yo mama

I was actually thinking the same thing.

It makes some sense. My kids are young so I don't have to worry for awhile. But, it does get scary when you see some 15 year old girl and think she is just a dumb kid that probably isn't getting into trouble. Than I remember what I was like when I was 15/16 :wacko:

my daughter is a senior now. the wench and I had her pretty young so I can remember being her age pretty well and if she ever came home with a kid like I was, I would burry him in my back yard (and all in all, I was one of the better kids)

Edited by Duchess Jack

I remember what I was like at 14, and it makes me dread the idea of having a daughter. IMO it's all about building up the girl's self-esteem by encouraging her to pursue sports or whatever other interests she has, and constantly praising her and saying you love her and you think she's beautiful. It seems like a lot of girls become sluts because daddy doesn't pay enough attention so they turn elsewhere. I also think in this day and age it's important to give them a lot of information about sex starting around 10 or 11 so the foundation of knowledge is there when they get curious. And make sure they know their feelings are normal and they can talk to you (or preferably Mom) about anything at all.

But seriously Budda, don't let them go to the movies unless you're there to chaperone. :wacko: