[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Turning on a T.V

whomper

When did it start where you needed a degree from NASA to turn a T.V on ? Every house I am in you need 2-3 remotes to get a T.V on. One for the cable box, one for the T.V itself. One has to be on channel 3 , one remote has 3 different sections. God forbid you click the wrong button and throw the channels off of 3 and cant manually get it back on 3. It throws you into TV abyss . My in laws house is the worst. You actually need Stephen Hawking to get that Fer on. 2 nights in a row I had to flat out go without TV because my brother in law, the TV master, is on vacation and unavailable to talk us through this epic procedure

Is it just me ? (insert yes you're a dumb ass post here ) or has this process become a little too complicated ? Maybe at your own house you have it down but answer as if you are at a friends house for the first time and need to turn their TV on. Chances are you will need some instruction and at least 2 remotes :wacko:

You need a harmony remote.

Im intrigued by your post and I would like to subscribe to your newsletter. please splain ?

Every time I'm at my buddy's house, I have tech nightmares. His system is connected to an X-Box and a high def receiver. Its "switch to component 1 this" "external input this" and etc. It has taken me minutes to get the damned Netflix on. He doesn't have a digital box and this is very frghtstrating to me. I even went out and bought an antenna but still cannot get local tv stations on. It is HDTV ready but still nothing. He looks at me like I'm an idiot and truth be told, I feel like one. Do I need to get an actual Digital box to receive tv stations?????

Every time I'm at my buddy's house, I have tech nightmares. His system is connected to an X-Box and a high def receiver. Its "switch to component 1 this" "external input this" and etc. It has taken me minutes to get the damned Netflix on. He doesn't have a digital box and this is very frghtstrating to me. I even went out and bought an antenna but still cannot get local tv stations on. It is HDTV ready but still nothing. He looks at me like I'm an idiot and truth be told, I feel like one. Do I need to get an actual Digital box to receive tv stations?????

true. its very frghtstrating

Get this. It is f'n wonderful.

+1. This remote will change your life. People will look to YOU for tech advice, girls will start to notice you, you'll probably be offered movie roles and endorsement deals, etc...

You can thank Ursa and me later. :wacko:

Edited by tosberg34

+1. This remote will change your life. People will look to YOU for tech advice, girls will start to notice you, you'll probably be offered movie roles and endorsement deals, etc...

You can thank Ursa and me later. :tup:

:wacko: ya

that looks easy to use, howbout 2 fgiggin buttons

You need a harmony remote.

You can thank Ursa and me later. :tup:

almost as good as a wolf shirt.

almost... :wacko:

I actually just bought a refurb Harmony 900 last week for around $170 on logitech's website. It has the RF control so I will eventually hide all my componants in a closet to clear up all the cludder. The remote has the full manufacturers warantee and is in great shape.

• 2 months later...