[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Your First Concert

darin3

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

86? Dallas? I remember wanting to go but couldn't and I remember that I missed a good one. Friends older brother was taking people and my parents said "burnk!" Big Ratt/Dokken fan back then.

Probably about that time. But I lived in North Dakota. It was the Red River Valley Fair or NoDak State Fair. Ratt had the coolest t-shirts back then. :lol:

Well, again, it was 1991 or 1992, I was like 17-18 years old and the girl I was puttin' the wood to wanted to go. Not sure how this all doesn't add up. :wacko:

:rofl: No $hit. I can imagine what the line-up of jack$$es messing with you would look like. :tup: You KNOW that group of degenerates has done much worse than Paula Abdul and Color Me Badd for a piece. Still... :rofl:

:lol: No $hit. I can imagine what the line-up of jack$$es messing with you would look like. :wacko: You KNOW that group of degenerates has done much worse than Paula Abdul and Color Me Badd for a piece. Still... :rofl:

:rofl: Yeah, I moved on to hot stoner chicks that liked 311 and Sublime. :tup:

Allman Brothers at 14 with my dad, which was cool because he went to GA Southern (Statesboro Blues) and used to see them when they blew up there.

Quite possibly the most diverse crowd you could ever see at this Horse Park in Conyers: Bikers, Rednecks, Hippies and the "normal" city-folk.... If only my dad knew what he was encouraging :wacko:

First one my parents took me to:

James Taylor at the Mann Music Center when I was 9 or 10 (late 70's)

First one I made my parents take me to:

The Kinks -- 1982'ish.

First one I went to without my parents:

Madonna 1984 :wacko: though I won the tickets on a radio call-in show, and took an uber-hot chick with me that I had been dying to date. And actually, since she only had her one dance album at that time, it was a pretty jammin show from a get-up-and-dance mid-80's standpoint.

Foreigner - Double Vision tour

The Cars were the opening act. This would have been around 1977.

Big Cars fan, saw this tour at the Spectrum. Lou Graham could belt out a tune.

My first was the Beach Boys @ the Spectrum, coupla years earlier.

I guess I just assumed this was about first concert without the parental units. First actual concert I remember seeing with my parents was the Rajun Cajun Doug Kershaw at Six Flags in STL. It was middle of summer in a concrete bowl amphlitheater and that nut-job wore his long sleeved white shirt with the ruffles at the neck and hands, and a purple velvet suit. And he absolutely destroyed that bow and fiddle for about an hour or so, sweat just flying, drenched with sweat. I was not a country music fan at that point, but that dude put on a hell of a show and amazingly didn't succumb to heatstroke. I was impressed.

Geez, I didn't count acts that were playing at amusement parks as true "concerts". if so, mine was in the summer of 1974 (6 years old), and it was in Disney World. Saw Bo Donaldson and the Heywoods....remember it well since they had a hit that summer with "Billy Don't be a Hero".

Geez, I didn't count acts that were playing at amusement parks as true "concerts". if so, mine was in the summer of 1974 (6 years old), and it was in Disney World. Saw Bo Donaldson and the Heywoods....remember it well since they had a hit that summer with "Billy Don't be a Hero".

Here's the difference. Doug Kershaw is worth mentioning. Bo Donaldson and the Heywoods? Not so much. No it wasn't an actual concert, but it was a show that blew me away as my first live experience.

With a few good music-based threads out there, and taz's post in the Cash thread, figured this would be a good one to toss out to the fishes...

What was your first concert?

I'll go first, and pardon me while I put on the :lol:

Paula Abdul and Color Me Badd.

:tup:

Bell Biv Devoe, with Keith Sweat and Johnny Gill. The tickets were not free, and my parents did not force me to go. I win!

Hopefully I made up for it by making sure my sister's first concert was Pearl Jam in 1992 when she was 13. I had to explain to her that the smell around us was burning rope. :wacko:

I was 16 and went to the dome to see the Monsters of Rock with Van Halen and Metallica...epic

That was the first one I didn't go to with my parents. Metallica was basically the opener, I think Kingdom Come played first.

I am a bit older and was in my young 20's but here In DCI thought the lineup was something like:

The Rods

Metallica

Dokken

Scorpions

Van Hagar