[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Deporations of illegals

bushwacked

Hit Record Highs

The Obama administration deported nearly 400,000 people last year – a record – with the number driven up by those tossed out for traffic violations and drunken driving, according to a report on Friday.

The focus on ousting those with relatively minor offenses raises questions about whether the administration has lived up to its promise to focus on deporting the most dangerous offenders, the Associated Press says.

Administration officials disputed the findings, saying that it is difficult to capture the increase in arrests of dangerous criminals because they are currently in jail in the U.S. and have not been deported, which means they are not reflected in current deportation statistics.

“The more serious offenders are still in prison,” Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano told the AP. “We’re not going to see them reflected in the numbers until we can begin to remove them.”

If Obama had an ® after his name, Republicans would have already named an aircraft carrier after him.

if they want to deport illegals, I would have no problem with them starting at the next American-hosted USA vs. Mexico soccer match and deporting any illegal immigrant who boos during the US national anthem.

The Obama administration deported nearly 400,000 people last year – a record –

Isnt this record relative, though? :wacko: I might be more impressed if I didnt think there were a record number of illegals who got in last year, too, and record numbers that are still here...

if they want to deport illegals, I would have no problem with them starting at the next American-hosted USA vs. Mexico soccer match and deporting any illegal immigrant who boos during the US national anthem.

Anyone who does that and is naturalized should have their citizenship revoked since they are breaking their oath.

Isnt this record relative, though? :wacko: I might be more impressed if I didnt think there were a record number of illegals who got in last year, too, and record numbers that are still here...

American census figures analyzed by the nonpartisan Pew Hispanic Center also show that the illegal Mexican population in the United States has shrunk and that fewer than 100,000 illegal border-crossers and visa-violators from Mexico settled in the United States in 2010, down from about 525,000 annually from 2000 to 2004.

American census figures analyzed by the nonpartisan Pew Hispanic Center

Census data is only as reliable as the percentage of the total population surveyed, the truthfulness of the respondents, and the accuracy of the census workers, no? You dont suppose non-English speaking people who have entered and live/work in this country illegally might be inclined to skip filling out the forms (especially amidst increased crackdowns on illegals), do you? How many illegals do you think might have been working for the census? Wait, what am I thinking...that is as preposterous as the US hiring illegals to build a wall to keep illegals out. Oh, wait... :wacko:

"Antes de contzar, nos tienen que legalizar,"

Pedro, who would not give his last name, is an illegal immigrant. "America is the place for opportunity," Pedro said. "I knew I had to cross over."

He is single and has been working in construction in Arizona since his arrival. "I've got a clean record," Pedro, who's in his 30s, said. "I just mind my own business."

But despite that clean record, Pedro is one of many illegal immigrants living in Arizona who plan to ignore the upcoming Census 2010, even though he knows it's confidential.

"They call us illegals, and we don't count for the government," Pedro said. "They push us away and they don't want us here. So what [do] they want us [for]? Just [so] we get counted for money?"

The high-stakes head count of Census 2010 is weeks away, and many state officials across the South and Southwest worry about getting an accurate count of the Hispanic population; and, more specifically, the illegal immigrant population.

Census officials say the illegal immigrant population is key in this year's census, not only from a statistical standpoint but also because much-needed federal money hangs in the balance.

"We have many people who are in Arizona who are not here legally but whose children attend our schools and go to hospitals, and those are all affected by the census results and the federal dollars that come back to Arizona," Phoenix Census Bureau manager Al Nieto said.

Max Gonzales, vice president of communications for Chicanos por la Causa, a leading Hispanic organization in Arizona, said many immigrants are scared. "They don't want to fill out the forms, for obvious reasons," Gonzales said. "So it's our job to let them know how important it really is."

But groups such as the the National Coalition of Latino Clergy and Christian Leaders are telling immigrants to boycott the forms. The group, which represents more than 20,000 Hispanic churches across the country, states on its Web site: "Antes de contzar, nos tienen que legalizar," or "Before you count us, you have to legalize us."

:tup:

Census data is only as reliable as the percentage of the total population surveyed, the truthfulness of the respondents, and the accuracy of the census workers, no? You dont suppose non-English speaking people who have entered and live/work in this country illegally might be inclined to skip filling out the forms (especially amidst increased crackdowns on illegals), do you? How many illegals do you think might have been working for the census? Wait, what am I thinking...that is as preposterous as the US hiring illegals to build a wall to keep illegals out. Oh, wait... :wacko:

"Antes de contzar, nos tienen que legalizar,"

:tup:

I think you might be missing the point that was made about the flow being down to a trickle, rather than those already here not declaring themselves. It's because of the economies of both the US and Mexico. Anyway, 400,000 deportations more than counters the total illegal immigration for 2010 by any measure.

I think you might be missing the point that was made about the flow being down to a trickle, rather than those already here not declaring themselves. It's because of the economies of both the US and Mexico. Anyway, 400,000 deportations more than counters the total illegal immigration for 2010 by any measure.

What is the above bolded based on, though, Ursa?

If the US cant stop illegals from getting in, its pretty naive to think there is an accurate count of how many are getting in or are already here, isnt it? Especially when many are nomadic/migrant types who are doing their best to dodge being accounted for... :wacko:

American census figures analyzed by the nonpartisan Pew Hispanic Center also show that the illegal Mexican population in the United States has shrunk and that fewer than 100,000 illegal border-crossers and visa-violators from Mexico settled in the United States in 2010, down from about 525,000 annually from 2000 to 2004.

Well, to be fair, any of them that can run, jump or swim worth a damn are already here.

If the US cant stop illegals from getting in, its pretty naive to think there is an accurate count of how many are getting in or are already here, isnt it?

Actually, the Pew numbers use adjustments from the census to determine a more accurate number, for this very reason.

Bottom line, is Immigration has decreased significantly over the past few years. Any method of counting illegals is going to have a degree of error, but the same method has been used from 2004 until 2010. in that sense the decrease is most definitely not relative, illegal immigration is not on the rise, nor has 2010 been a record high for immigration like you were insinuating; factual, it's diametrically different that what you were assuming.

“I’m not going to go to the States because I’m more con­cerned with my stud­ies,” said Angel Orozco, 18. Indeed, at the new tech­no­log­i­cal insti­tute where he is earn­ing a degree in indus­trial engi­neer­ing, all the stu­dents in a recent class said they were bet­ter edu­cated than their par­ents — and that they planned to stay in Mex­ico rather than go to the United States.

Dou­glas S. Massey, co-director of the Mex­i­can Migra­tion Project at Prince­ton, an exten­sive, long-term sur­vey in Mex­i­can emi­gra­tion hubs, said his research showed that inter­est in head­ing to the United States for the first time had fallen to its low­est level since at least the 1950s. “No one wants to hear it, but the flow has already stopped,” Mr. Massey said, refer­ring to ille­gal traf­fic. “For the first time in 60 years, the net traf­fic has gone to zero and is prob­a­bly a lit­tle bit negative.”

The decline in ille­gal immi­gra­tion, from a coun­try respon­si­ble for roughly 6 of every 10 ille­gal immi­grants in the United States, is stark. The Mex­i­can cen­sus recently dis­cov­ered four mil­lion more peo­ple in Mex­ico than had been pro­jected, which offi­cials attrib­uted to a sharp decline in emigration.

An article I read last week that said, due to Mexico's standard of living rising and their economy getting better quickly, there are better opportunities there than here for the kind of worker that usually would jump the fence. Less risk too, one assumes.

Cue rant from stage right in 3......2......1......

You have chosen to ignore all posts from: tosberg34.

· View this post

· Unignore tosberg34

It all seemed pretty civil to me, up until the above point, but I can only take an educated guess.

It all seemed pretty civil to me, up until the above point, but I can only take an educated guess.

You have chosen to ignore all posts from: tosberg34.

· View this post

· Unignore tosberg34

You too, huh? :wacko:

Cut from the other thread.

It is an interesting cause/effect cycle.

As more and more illegals were being caught and "officially deported", (meaning they went through immigration proceedings and were ordered deported by an IJ, not given a "voluntary return"), in the last decade, the number of people coming here because of ever worsening situations in their countries seemed to grow exponentially, which would also cause an increase in the number of deportations. That is one factor. Right now, the back log of people with final orders of removal that are "in the wind" from these masses is in the thousands. Tracking all them alone down is a next to an impossible task. But, when caught, are immediately deportable.

The other factor is that a HUGH number of these people would/do turn around and come right back. This is a criminal violation (8 USC 1326). At first, the USAO office would take these cases without question because they are self-proving.

AUSA: "Are you presently here in the country?"

Illegal Alien on the stand: "Yes" (He can't say "no", because he is physically present)

AUSA: "No further questions your honor."

These cases carry a two year sentence. Since it is a criminal proceeding, they can not be deported by a federal district judge. Once their time is served, they are then handed over to ERO and the Immigration courts will in turn order a second deportation. These cases started jamming the dockets so much that the Federal Judges complained to the AG. At the direction of the AG (current and past administrations) the AUSAs started only accepting cases with multiple prior deports or other aggravated felonies and have incrementally increased the parameters of what they will accept for prosecution. Because of this, the number of deportations at some point will again start to go down, unless the civil immigration courts start deporting more people, which because of "The Memo" is not going to happen for a while.

As mentioned in the previous post (thread), since our guidelines have become much stricter (for example, the USAO here in the Southern District of Texas will only consider (b )(2) violators of the section right now), the people going before the IJs are immediately deportable. So the flood of those getting out of jail that came back after deportation are getting deported again and being counted in those totals. The lag time of aliens getting out of jail on the criminal violation and then re-deported by the Immigration Courts favors any claims by this administration that they are "deporting more than ever". This is a true statement, but not really because of anything they have done, but rather, serendipity has graced them in this instance.

All of this is why you don't see ICE rolling up to the Home Depot in a bus and hauling them all off. They will walk the next day (see previous post). Heck, there is a day labor site literally four blocks away from my office where they play soccer until someone rolls up to hire a few, but... "The Memo" . I feel like the whole situation mocks us as an agency and a nation.

If anyone can look you straight in the face and say it has been "slowed down to a trickle", they either have an agenda or are professional liars.

They are including voluntary returns in these numbers, not formal orders of removal. A loosey goosey way of chalking up "deportation statistics". It is so much easier to do a VR. The problem is that it does not legally count as a formal deportation and therefore creates no criminal history. Many of these VRs come back a couple times a week, get caught intentionally so they can get a shower, some food and a little medical care if needed. They sign the voluntary return, get a bus ride to the border and are back in a couple days to get cleaned up. Some of them actually carry a backpack with clean clothes to change into.

We hit a sh!thole of a nightclub with Houston PD Friday night. A place that has had many shootings and drug deals overt the past few months and the PD wanted to send a message. Being a "sanctuary city" the PD was grateful to have us along. The PDs are the ones that suffer most from these "sanctuary city "policies and a lot of good officers are hurt or killed by these "harmless migrant workers". Though I cannot confirm the number, I believe the the homicide detective that told me that almost 90% of the murders committed in Harris County are done by illegals.

Anyway, we could have hooked up and prosecuted at least 30 illegals for 1326 (see above) if we had the "old guidelines" (see actual legislated law here). But, because of lack of "other relevant factors", we were stuck handing off three of them (10%) to the PD for public intoxication and hoping that the IJ will remove them a second time when ERO scoops them out of the jail and letting the rest walk. The reality is that our attorneys will likely drop the cases before I get back in the office today.

The numbers are "real", but the credit does not go to any "administration:, it goes to circumstance. I know you WANT to believe this garbage, but you shouldn't. We could be doing much better if they would take off the chains holding us back.

You can reference any article or quote you want. I am just telling you the way it really is on "the street".