[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Gay marriage

detlef

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do still have issues with gay couples being able to adopt/raise children, but do also see how under certain circumstances that a gay couple may be better parents than some others out there...

'I am a girl': The plight of Tammy, the adopted son of two lesbians who started sex change aged 8 because he has always maintained he is a girl

:wacko: Give me some data vs citing one article.

I grew up with two older brothers, plus my father who introduced me at a young age to playing sports and watching sports. I hated dolls and collected army men and match box cars. My only platonic friends until my early 20's were boys/guys. I found girls to be boring and emotional drama queens. I was the first girl in my town to enter a soap box derby, and play to little league. I played on my church men's basketball and softball teams This did not make me gay, or want to change my gender.

My cousin grew up with two sisters and played with dolls. She is gay.

Explain that one.

unless you can prove to me that this is common to gays who have kids, than it is a cheap cherry picking of a single situation (however weird it might be) that seems to be being used to represent the whole

Are there any black people in Russia? seriously.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_people#Eastern_Europe

As African states became independent in the 1960s, the Soviet Union offered many of their citizens the chance to study in Russia. Over a period of 40 years, about 400,000 African students from various countries moved to Russia to pursue higher studies, including many Black Africans.[94][95] This extended beyond the Soviet Union to many countries of the Eastern bloc.

or

black russian

I'm thinking of getting the Big Lebowski on Netflix after reading this thread.

And do we have any gay Huddlers? I don't recall any one here saying so. The odds are that there are. If so how come they haven't come out defending gay marriage here?

The homosexual society has always asked, even begged for moral acceptance, and using the word "marriage" implies societal approval, which is what thei primary goal is. They will never have my approval. I think it's pretty sick stuff. Nor will I ever agree with them that their "alternate" lifestyle is in any way normal. This is an attempt to gain moral societal acceptance. The alternate lifestyle people even try to espouse how their lifestyle is BETTER than traditionally accepted marriages. I've seen this message imparted even in animated movies targeted at children.

On the other hand, I have no issue whatsoever with allowing same sex life partners the same benefits as a traditional heterosexual partnership. That exception would be discriminatory. They should have all the same rights and benefits of a traditional "marriage". The real battle here is that they whine about having it called a domestic partnership. They want it called marriage. It isn't, it can't be... because it can never be a "marriage". Give them the same legal rights, but not a moral one.

Where might it end? The Gay Pride parade in NYC allows for the "Man-boy Love Assoc" to march in their parade. We're talking molestation here, approving of child molestation. Shall we let adult male pervs marry young boys? OK, an extreme example of permissiveness, but one not rejected by gay rights activists at least in NYC.

This is their big sticking point, one I will not budge on. They can't be married. That is for a partnership that creates new life, and that is something same sex unions cannot produce. Give them all the societal benefits that hetero couples get, that's fine and within the confines of government. To call it a marriage is a societal issue, as some have mentioned, and not a governmental decision or judgement. It is a moral one, a moral one that the alt's have a lot of trouble coming to grips with. One long tenured book calls it an abomination. It is a judgement that I not only agree with, it's one I support and believe at it's very core.

Edited by Rovers

I've said it before and i'll say it again...marriage should be a strictly personal religious/spiritual/private thing. Keep the government out of it. Treat individuals as individuals. No separate treatment for couples over singles. Your religious beliefs and church don't support gay marriage? Fine. Those that do can simply embrace their own faith that does. Live and let live. An awful lot of supposedly godly people seem to forget they should leave the judging to Him. It is pretty ironic that two of the big things that gays are fighting for, marriage and enlistment in the military are both things conservatives claim to embrace.

Hankk is our token gay? That's it? No way. There has to be some more gay Huddlers. Statistically.

Oh. And what Rovers said. +1.

Edited by The Holy Roller

This is their big sticking point, one I will not budge on. They can't be married. That is for a partnership that creates new life, and that is something same sex unions cannot produce. Give them all the societal benefits that hetero couples get, that's fine and within the confines of government. To call it a marriage is a societal issue, as some have mentioned, and not a governmental decision or judgement. It is a moral one, a moral one that the alt's have a lot of trouble coming to grips with. One long tenured book calls it an abomination. It is a judgement that I not only agree with, it's one I support and believe at it's very core.

Not all hetero marriages create new life. Is there something wrong with those marriages? Should hetero people who either cant (or choose not to) have children be prohibited from being married?

I get where you're coming from, Rovers, but you have to admit that heteros have made such a mockery of marriage over the years that gays would be hard-pressed to outdo it, no?

And that long tenured book was written by man. Man is proven to be flawed, no?

I've said it before and i'll say it again...marriage should be a strictly personal religious/spiritual/private thing. Keep the government out of it. Treat individuals as individuals. No separate treatment for couples over singles. Your religious beliefs and church don't support gay marriage? Fine. Those that do can simply embrace their own faith that does. Live and let live. An awful lot of supposedly godly people seem to forget they should leave the judging to Him. It is pretty ironic that two of the big things that gays are fighting for, marriage and enlistment in the military are both things conservatives claim to embrace.

Good post :tup:

So that ghey dudes like h8tank have a place to engage in public ghey sex?

:wacko:

:rofl:

:lol:

Edited by Delicious_bass

The homosexual society has always asked, even begged for moral acceptance, and using the word "marriage" implies societal approval, which is what thei primary goal is. They will never have my approval. I think it's pretty sick stuff. Nor will I ever agree with them that their "alternate" lifestyle is in any way normal. This is an attempt to gain moral societal acceptance. The alternate lifestyle people even try to espouse how their lifestyle is BETTER than traditionally accepted marriages. I've seen this message imparted even in animated movies targeted at children.

On the other hand, I have no issue whatsoever with allowing same sex life partners the same benefits as a traditional heterosexual partnership. That exception would be discriminatory. They should have all the same rights and benefits of a traditional "marriage". The real battle here is that they whine about having it called a domestic partnership. They want it called marriage. It isn't, it can't be... because it can never be a "marriage". Give them the same legal rights, but not a moral one.

Where might it end? The Gay Pride parade in NYC allows for the "Man-boy Love Assoc" to march in their parade. We're talking molestation here, approving of child molestation. Shall we let adult male pervs marry young boys? OK, an extreme example of permissiveness, but one not rejected by gay rights activists at least in NYC.

Among the litany of bad info and untruths in your post that I will address first is making sure you understand what is actually on the ballot. Both marriage and civil unions are currently illegal in NC. What is being proposed is that the law become an amendment, and thus, harder to change down the road. There is no outcome in May's election that results in Gays being allowed to marry or even enjoy civil union status. So, in NC, along with all but about 10 states, gays are not even given the rights that you mention above. So, before they can have the luxury of "whining" about what we call it, the vast majority have to actually get those rights under another name. My guess is that, as much as they'd love to be recognized under the same name, they'd first like to actually enjoy the same rights.

This is an important point because I hear the, "Why can't they just be happy with getting the same rights?" As if they already have them.

Understand the slippery slope that you guys keep going back to, as if it will never be enough. Don't we have to show them the courtesy of taking our collective boot off their necks and letting them off the mat before we start making wild guesses at what they might do once they get up? It's a classic church tactic, the best defense is a good offense. Claim, the only way to protect your way of life for yourselves, is to force it down everyone's throats.

Two) Curious about your NAMBLA reference, I looked it up. First off they don't march with Gay Pride. It appears that they used to, very briefly. To the disgust, I might add, of nearly every gay organization out there. In fact, it seems that prominent gay rights advocates who have sided with NAMBLA have been forced out of any credible gay rights group. see: Relationships with LGBT Associations.

Gotta say, it would be nice if the Catholic church took as hard a line against pedophiles associated with the church as gay groups have taken with NAMBLA. Instead, they hide behind the cloth and claim persecution.

Like I, and others, have said. I just wish governments would get out of the marriage game entirely. You and your church could decide what is and isn't a marriage, and so can I. See, I actually believe in your rights to be as exclusionary as you want, provided you don't make me be so as well. So, go ahead. Tack a sign on your church door that says, "No gays allowed". The second someone attacks your right to do so, I'll be as much on your side as I currently am on the side of the gays right now.

You think homosexuality is an abomination. I think using a word that should define a bond of love and commitment as a divisive political tool is.

Edited by detlef

what if three people wanted to get married? if man/woman doesn't matter, why should two vs. three consenting adults matter?

If they are truly consenting adults, why should I care. Now if you are talking Warren Jeffs style get em while they are young and force them into polygamy then hell no.