[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

All this 49'rs will beat the Lions this week....

tazinib1

Yeah, from where I was sitting - would it have been to much to ask for Harbaugh to tone it down for 5 seconds? I realize he's fired up; of course, after it happened, would it have been too much to ask for Jim Schwartz to shrug and let it go?

this

There was something said right after the pat on the back that Schwartz went bonkers over.

and most definitely this

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After the slap it looked like Scwartz said "what the fcck", he turns and said something which Harbaugh kept moving on but clearly responded to. I don't blame Schwartz but at least Harbaughs owning most of it - but he won't cop to what he said.

Maybe "what's your deal?" :wacko:

Edited by Pope Flick

I'd be willing to bet money that after Harbaugh's pat on the back, he's moving being and yelling something like "burrito Ya!". (Clearly the man is excited.) My bet is that Schwartz thought he said "burrito you!" and then chased him down. Harbaugh seems genuinely surprised with Schwartz chased him down. Followed by two "Get outta my face"s.

Just my $0.02.

exactly it was when he came and bumped him you could read his lips saying get the burrito outta my face

Actually, after seeing the incident numerous times now it looked like right after Harbaugh says "good game" and gave him that whack in the back, Schwartz uttered an expletive. It appeared Harbaugh heard it because you see him cock his head towards Schwartz and utter something back at him. Thats when Schwartz goes balistic and tries to get in Harbaugh's face. At that point it appears that Harbaugh says "Get outta my face" twice.

It is a stupid soap opera controversy and you know if these two teams meet in the playoffs the media is going to play this incident up to the hilt.

Edited by slambo

My take. Yes I think Schwartz may have gone a little over the top, but the way Harbaugh grabbed his hand AND kind of whacked him on the back appeared to be a bit much. I mean he couldn't have calmed down for 30 seconds and given him a regular shake and maybe said nice game coach in a classy way?

So I think Harbaugh was a little over the top and classless IMO. But I also think Schwartz could have just let it be, but he is firery also, so that wasn't going to happen.

But take a look at Harbaugh, clearly he grabs his hand and shakes it pretty hard, and then give him a shot on the back (and that doesn't even factor in anything that might have been said). Now I 'd like to think he meant nothing by it, but to me it appeared a little unprofessional on the surface.

Edited by giantsfan

Didn't see or hear this but saying 'I shook his hand too hard' seems like more of a sarcastic shot than taking the high road to me.

That's sort of how I saw it as well. That said, he does a good enough job selling it that you have to give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he's truly apologizing. That's the beauty of it.

Yeah, from where I was sitting - would it have been to much to ask for Harbaugh to tone it down for 5 seconds? I realize he's fired up; of course, after it happened, would it have been too much to ask for Jim Schwartz to shrug and let it go?

Absolutely. If he could have just checked himself long enough to shake the hand, minus the back slap, he could have then gone and celebrated with his players and it would all be good. However, Schwartz, by retaliating looks like a chimicanga.

I watched it multiple times, including slow motion. Schwartz came off looking like a b-tch to me. No other way to say it.

And will continue to look more and more like one the more this plays out. Harbaugh has "apologized" and the tape that Schwartz insists that we look at to see what happened doesn't show much. Like others have pointed out, it seems like Harbaugh might have yelled "cuff yeah!" Of course, Harbaugh just needs to come out and say, "Hey sorry for the confusion, I just yelled "heck yeah! Yep, I realize I need to tone it down after a big win like that." And then there's another presser with Harbaugh appearing to take the high road and Schwartz whining. Which, again, continues to look bad for Schwartz.

As far helping Schwartz get his team up for a rematch, should one happen in the play-offs. I would hope for the sake of Lions fans that they wouldn't need any "getting up" material outside the fact that they've been the league's laughing stock forever and and can put that all to bed with a good play-off run. I would hope that would fire them up plenty.

Miissed the whole "handshake gate" incident. But from reading the comments here by those who saw it sounds like both coaches were partially responsible and both could have acted more professionally. I'm all for people being a good sport, but I never liked that "go shake hands with the guys who just beat you" stuff that is done in many sports (going back to when we played little league).

Good game. Of course Tax was crazy for saying that SF had zero chance of winning, I would say the same even if somebody said that about a game like GB-STL. This is after all the NFL, On Any Sunday and all that.

:tup:

Fortunately, my book doesn't takes bets on American Idol...only football winners :wacko:

:lol:

I actually only guessed that was American Idol smack because I've never seen it. I just assumed it might be the case. My first thought was, "Really? American Idol smack?"

One could argue that nailing football predictions and whiffing on American Idol ones is something to be proud of in these parts.

Oh, and nice job on guessing the score.

It should be added that this quote...

“I went to congratulate Coach Harbaugh and got shoved out of the way,” he said. “ didn’t expect an obscenity at that point … you’re excited and things like that, but I think there’s a protocol that goes with this league.”

...is total BS. Schwartz got shoved when he went back for more. Nobody shoved him until after the handshake and I'm going to go out on a limb that, at that point, Schwartz wasn't trying to get back to Harbaugh to "congratulate" him.

It should be added that this quote...

...is total BS. Schwartz got shoved when he went back for more. Nobody shoved him until after the handshake and I'm going to go out on a limb that, at that point, Schwartz wasn't trying to get back to Harbaugh to "congratulate" him.

Actually there's a different angle that actually makes the back slap look like shove on Harbaugh's part because you can see that Schwartz stumbles from Harbaughs motion. Look for the angle that's more behind Harbaugh and you'll see what I mean. Pretty sure that's what hes referring to.

Actually there's a different angle that actually makes the back slap look like shove on Harbaugh's part because you can see that Schwartz stumbles from Harbaughs motion. Look for the angle that's more behind Harbaugh and you'll see what I mean. Pretty sure that's what hes referring to.

perhaps, though I haven't been able to find that angle.

I'mn still trying to figure out Ron Jeremy's role in the whole thing!

funny you should mention Ron Jeremy as he walked into the production office of the last gig I was on and wanted to watch tv. What a creepy, creepy looking man.

Do the Chiefs and 49ers play each other this year? There would certainly be some dueling chivesbaggery for that post-game handshake.

So, your coach is Pete Carroll and you're dogging Hailey for whining about a team running up the score?