[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Thank you to our veterans (as well as our current service men and women)

wiegie

This is always a tough day for me thinking of my family that have passed:

Dad (WWII and Korea)

Bother Tom (Vietnam)

Brother Charlie (Vietnam)

Any my family that is still active:

Brother Tony

Nephew Billy

Godspeed and always be safe :wacko:

I think I've shared this before, but it's a great image burned into my memory and associated with Veteran's Day.

When we buried my grandpa, his WWII buddies showed up (some from out of state) in full class As and presented colors, did a rifle salute and played taps. All of these gentlemen were in their 70s and 80s and wore the uniform with such distinction... Their presentations were precise and soulful - one of the most touching things I've ever seen.

Thanks to grandpa and his fine fellow soldiers. Thanks to my dad who served in Viet Nam and nearly gave his life doing so. Thanks to all of those who serve(d). An even more sincere thanks for those that gave all. :wacko:

I have no words to say, other than I, as a dad, hope to have the strength and courge of my forefathers if my sons ever go to war.

To all those who have served or are continuing their service today, thank you.

To all those who have family members still in harms way, have courage they will return to you safely.

:wacko:

We need reminders to vote and be a good citizen and neighbor because this life of ours was bought and paid for by others in the military service. While perhaps seemingly inadequate, it is the only way we can try to pay them back.

Time to put my USAF cap on an go eat a free lunch at Applebees! I admit to the fact I feel some pride for voulnteering to serve when it was looked down upon, near the end of the Vietnam war. No matter what base I got stationed at, we were not welcome off base. I traveled in civvies to avoid being spit upon at airports. Very happy to see our boys (and gals) being appreciated rather than hated these days.

Thanks to all who are still actively serving! :wacko:

:wacko:

We need reminders to vote and be a good citizen and neighbor because this life of ours was bought and paid for by others in the military service. While perhaps seemingly inadequate, it is the only way we can try to pay them back.

It is the Soldier, not the minister

Who has given us freedom of religion.

It is the Soldier, not the reporter

Who has given us freedom of the press.

It is the Soldier, not the poet

Who has given us freedom of speech.

It is the Soldier, not the campus organizer

Who has given us freedom to protest.

It is the Soldier, not the lawyer

Who has given us the right to a fair trial.

It is the Soldier, not the politician

Who has given us the right to vote.

It is the Soldier who salutes the flag,

Who serves beneath the flag,

And whose coffin is draped by the flag,

Who allows the protester to burn the flag.