[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

"Friend" of mine faked cancer

TimC

http://www.wtvr.com/news/wtvr-woman-accuse...0,3071038.story

Sucks. I knew her when I was 15 for a year or so. She caught up with me on Facebook saying she had survived 4 cancers since her 20s (we're both the same age) and she was always raising funds for her cancer treatments and others. She had even posted that she was near the end a month or two ago and had gone to Arizona for some type of "special" cancer treatment. She was good and had everyone fooled. She knew all the medical jargon.

One of her last Facebook posts was she was back here in Richmond waiting for the end. I looked for her Facebook page the other day to see how it was going and it had been deleted. She was arrested the next day.

Insane. That's messing with some bad karma I would never want to mess with. At least Madoff just ripped off the greedy people and didn't stoop this low.

Sounds to me like she may have a serious drug addiction problem, or at least, mentally ill otherwise. I'd suggest witholding judgement until you know a little more. I'm certainly not suggesting letting her off the hook, but... seems like there is more to know about this.

Sounds to me like she may have a serious drug addiction problem, or at least, mentally ill otherwise. I'd suggest witholding judgement until you know a little more. I'm certainly not suggesting letting her off the hook, but... seems like there is more to know about this.

it may have stemmed from smoking

real burritoing classy. :wacko: There are so many people that are suffering from this disease. I have a friend that has stage three and is the same age as me . . . .

I hope she rots in hell.

I concur. My mom had breast cancer which led to a breast removal. This woman needs to be injected with some ..... nah..rotting in jail/hell is just fine.

There was a post at the bottom of the article by a registered user named good_mom that said,

"Martha is believed to have munchausen syndrome so she was really doing it for the attention. Sad thing is they believe she also had her daughter on bipolar meds after she took her to many different docs until some Dr. drugged the kid. If true, she was also practicing munchausen by proxy. Her 10 and 13 year old kids lived their lives thinking their mom was on her death bed, how stressful on the kids, mind blowing. Martha lied about her treatments and Dr. names, made up false reports to show friends and family, not a dump woman. A CT scan was done last few weeks after a suicide attempt and showed no signs of ever having cancer or failing organs. This family needs all of our prayers."

If true maybe the story is just real horrific for everybody involved.