[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The last movie you saw

BeeR

Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

Good movie, but you need to have read the book to get sme of the compressed sequences.

Enjoyed the book more. I've seen people rate it in the top 10 movies of the year. Not sure I would go that far......

+1. I definitely enjoy watching it, but it did not live up to my expectations which of course were sky high given that it is a David Fincher film. Doesn't touch Fincher's other films like Fight Club, Seven, Social Network, Zodiac, etc. Just didn't have that extra umph that put it over the top. 7/10 for me and no way does it make my Top 10 this year.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The new Sherlock Holmes flick. Worth going to just for Stephen Fry's nude scene. :wacko:

I found it enjoyable and liked there was something I could see with my older kids that they also enjoyed. Hard to find that combo these days with a nearly 13 year old and a 16 year old.

The new Sherlock Holmes flick. Worth going to just for Stephen Fry's nude scene. :wacko:

I found it enjoyable and liked there was something I could see with my older kids that they also enjoyed. Hard to find that combo these days with a nearly 13 year old and a 16 year old.

12 of us went to see this last night - all liked it. Downey Jr. is great as Holmes.

Broke my rule about not supporting Tom Cruise's cult yesterday and went to see the Mission Impossible movie. It was OK.

:wacko:

Same here, just a few weeks ago. OK is a perfect description. It was between that and the Sherlock flick. I don't understand why people complain about Bond becoming an action hero, because there's always been fight scenes, they were just always lame. I do, however, take issue with turning Sherlock Holmes into one. I think they could have updated the brand without going as far as they did.

We saw MI Ghost Protocol with 5 others this week and everyone liked it. Great, great popcorn flick.

+1 I saw it at an Imax theater and the part where they are on the 100th floor of the building made my stomach go :wacko: (you know, but in a cool way). Thought the movie was as good as any of the other MI movies over the years. Nothing I'm going to put in the hall of fame, but definitely an above average flick.

"Beautiful Kate"

Its a twisted little tale about a family's dysfunction, incest, suicide, etc :wacko::lol::tup::rofl:

There are a lot of interesting, twisted movies coming out of Australia lately. Ben Mendelsohn, Joel Edgerton and Guy Pearce seem to be involved in most of them. Also see Animal Kingdom and The Hard Word.

+1 I saw it at an Imax theater and the part where they are on the 100th floor of the building made my stomach go :wacko: (you know, but in a cool way). Thought the movie was as good as any of the other MI movies over the years. Nothing I'm going to put in the hall of fame, but definitely an above average flick.

IMAX would have been a good call...

Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

Good movie, but you need to have read the book to get sme of the compressed sequences.

Enjoyed the book more. I've seen people rate it in the top 10 movies of the year. Not sure I would go that far......

Got dragged to the movies because it was Swedish.

Dark, depressing, chain smoking cigarettes, alcohol and

in the end still blaming the Germans for everything.

Yep, pretty Swedish.

Did not read the books and admittedly mysteries are not my cup of tea anyway. There were several things I could not understand in the movie that I assume was better fleshed out in the book. Sitting there with my in-laws and wife and son was a little uncomfortable during the rape scene.