[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

dropped my phone in the toilet

muck

My son's iPod Touch went through the laundry. My wife then immediately did the absolute worst thing by plugging it in right away. Looked like it was fried. But we just let it sit for about a week (no rice) and by some miracle it is now totally fine.

My older daughters brand new phone went into the washer. When she came up stairs crying about it I took the battery and sim card our of it and put it in the bag of rice. Left it there for two entire days. After that she put it together and has been talking on since. Strike the talking part. She texts like a mad woman constantly since.

Seriously . . . does that rice trick work?

Or does it only work with certain phones? For example you cant pull the battery or sim card from an iphone, but you also dont have the button entry points for water.

Iphones don't work whether or not they are dropped in water so it doesn't matter.

I am surprised you have indoor plumbing, let along cellular phones in Oklahoma.

I bought a prepaid Nokia so I could have something to talk on. The Iphone is great for everything other than talking btw. I just wish there was a way to keep facetime and mute from constantly engaging.FWIW a person can do much worse than a Nokia E71.

I promptly put it in a bag of rice.

How long do I have to leave it there and hope that there aren't any problems?

That was a really dumb thing to do.

Listen to monty, he knows all about rice.