[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Odds To Win The Super Bowl

Menudo

1. Packers = 8 to 5

2. Patriots = 7 to 2

3. Saints = 5 to 1

4. Ravens = 6 to 1

5. Steelers = 10 to 1

6. 49'ers = 12 to 1

7. Giants = 20 to 1

8. Texans = 35 to 1

9. Falcons = 40 to 1

10. Lions = 50 to 1

11. Broncos = 60 to 1

12. Bengals = 70 to 1

:wacko:

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, I don't care if it's realistic or not, it'd be foolish not to take those odds on the Falcons or Detroit. Any team can get hot in the playoffs, so 40-50 to 1 for 2 teams with offensive weapons capable of winning on any given Sunday, and why not?

No offense to your Steelers Menudo but even with a weaker AFC field this year, the odds seem far more worthy of a flier than the AFC field.

Man, I don't care if it's realistic or not, it'd be foolish not to take those odds on the Falcons or Detroit. Any team can get hot in the playoffs, so 40-50 to 1 for 2 teams with offensive weapons capable of winning on any given Sunday, and why not?

yup, those stand out to me too, along with the giants at 20-1. those are teams with some dysfunction, but they are dangerous and potentially explosive and could easily get hot enough to go on a tear. and of course, the giants have done it before.

Not seeing all the love for the Lions. They'll likely have to win on the road against 3 of the top 4 teams in the NFL, and just gave up record passing numbers to the Packers' 2nd string QB with the 5th seed and a trip to NY on the line and instead inherited the 6th seed and a trip to NO because of the pasting they took from Flynn.

Not seeing all the love for the Lions. They'll likely have to win on the road against 3 of the top 4 teams in the NFL, and just gave up record passing numbers to the Packers' 2nd string QB with the 5th seed and a trip to NY on the line and instead inherited the 6th seed and a trip to NO because of the pasting they took from Flynn.

Because $10 wins you $500?

I don't think the Lions are going to win it, but I'm certainly not taking the other side of that bet. But there's plenty of bets on there that I'd gladly play the bank on.

I think the top 3 are unquestioned, although I'd rank them as Saints, Packers, Patriots.

But like others, I'd bump the Giants up quite a bit. If the Lions were facing the 49ers instead of the Saints, I'd bump them higher but I just don't see them beating the Saints in New Orleans. I like the Ravens 2nd most in the AFC and I wouldn't touch the Steelers - they are falling apart at the worst time.

I think Houston could be a sneaky play, maybe not to actually reach the SB but in a fantasy playoff league, they could milk 3 games out of the playoffs. They have a stellar ground game, Andre Johnson is back and Yates seems to be the real deal. Perfect mix of talent and sticktuitiveness that could thrive in the playoffs. I have them beating the Bungels and with their ground game, they could out-work the Ravens for a win. Especially with the Ravens ineptness on offense.

I think the top 3 are unquestioned, although I'd rank them as Saints, Packers, Patriots.

But like others, I'd bump the Giants up quite a bit. If the Lions were facing the 49ers instead of the Saints, I'd bump them higher but I just don't see them beating the Saints in New Orleans. I like the Ravens 2nd most in the AFC and I wouldn't touch the Steelers - they are falling apart at the worst time.

I think Houston could be a sneaky play, maybe not to actually reach the SB but in a fantasy playoff league, they could milk 3 games out of the playoffs. They have a stellar ground game, Andre Johnson is back and Yates seems to be the real deal. Perfect mix of talent and sticktuitiveness that could thrive in the playoffs. I have them beating the Bungels and with their ground game, they could out-work the Ravens for a win. Especially with the Ravens ineptness on offense.

He's getting a lot of run out of that comeback vs the Bengals and the fact that he wasn't supposed to be very good. But either he needs to make plays or they need to allow him to make plays and neither was really happening much down the stretch. He's a nice story and all, considering he never should have even seen the field and did admirably, but that's it.

Because $10 wins you $500?

I don't think the Lions are going to win it, but I'm certainly not taking the other side of that bet. But there's plenty of bets on there that I'd gladly play the bank on.

Thanks. I had no idea how odds work. :wacko:

You can bet $10 to win $1,000,000 and all you are doing is wasting $10 if the likelihood of the event coming to pass is extreme. The Lions being a dome team and beating NO, SF, and GB all on the road is just that - hence the long odds to draw the suckers.

Edited by Bronco Billy

You can bet $10 to win $1,000,000 and all you are doing is wasting $10 if the likelihood of the event coming to pass is extreme. The Lions being a dome team and beating NO, SF, and GB all on the road is just that - hence the long odds to draw the suckers.

I think that's what we're saying. Unlike the other teams with long odds, the Lions seem like less of a sucker bet. Like I said in my first post here. I think the Broncos and Bengals might as well be 1,000:1 for all I care.

Also, I'm not sure why them being a dome team is going to hurt them vs NO.

Bizzare stuff. I put $25 on the Lions way back in March and only got 35-1 odds. Now it's 50-1 once they are in the playoffs :wacko:

Oh and I also put $25 on the Steelers, Ravens and Texans at the same time. All 4 teams made the show....not too bad.

Bizzare stuff. I put $25 on the Lions way back in March and only got 35-1 odds. Now it's 50-1 once they are in the playoffs :wacko:

Oh and I also put $25 on the Steelers, Ravens and Texans at the same time. All 4 teams made the show....not too bad.

No respect :rodneydangerfield:

Meh. Define ineptness. 12th in points, 15th in YPG. Not stellar, but with one of the best RB's in the game, I wouldn't call them inept.

Right. One dimmensional is probably the term I should have used. Rice is incredible and cannot be overlooked but Flacco outright sucks, imo (I've never liked him). I don't think their defense is stout enough to make up for the lack of a passing game. I think the Texans have a better running game, weaker defense and possibly a better passing game. I would love to see that matchup in the divisional round of the playoffs.

Meh. Define ineptness. 12th in points, 15th in YPG. Not stellar, but with one of the best RB's in the game, I wouldn't call them inept.

The Ravens have a tendency to not use their best weapon enough, if they get behind early. If they stick with Rice, I think they are the most complete team in the AFC.

Oh, and :wacko:

Edited by Menudo

Also, I'm not sure why them being a dome team is going to hurt them vs NO.

It won't. Going against Brees one game after the Saints get to watch all the film of the Lions getting torched by Flynn is DET's one-and-done ticket. I have a sneaking suspicion that Brees might be able to do some of what Flynn is capable of.

I'd be extremely interested to know what the odds of the Giants winning the SB (going into the 2008 playoff's) were. I'm sure they were a "suckers bet" too! :tup: