[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Peyton Manning to...

Shorttynaz

This was your quote to saying what the Bronco's have that Arizona doesn't:

and an offensive line.

But think back a few years ago when Warner took the Cardinals to the Superbowl. They didn't have a great offensive line. They had a pretty poor running game with Edgerrin James, and they had Boldin who sat out.. Prety similar to Manning and what he had in Indy. He didn't have the greatest offensive lines. Ever since Tarik Glenn retired, the left side of the line was mediocre at best, but yet Maning still dominated.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was your quote to saying what the Bronco's have that Arizona doesn't:

But think back a few years ago when Warner took the Cardinals to the Superbowl. They didn't have a great offensive line. They had a pretty poor running game with Edgerrin James, and they had Boldin who sat out.. Prety similar to Manning and what he had in Indy. He didn't have the greatest offensive lines. Ever since Tarik Glenn retired, the left side of the line was mediocre at best, but yet Maning still dominated.

It cracks me up how everybody said the Colts had a "great" offensive line. They've had one perennial Pro Bowler, center Jeff Saturday. Glenn was the best tackle they had, and he retired in 2007. He made 2 Pro Bowls.

Edited by CaptainHook

It cracks me up how everybody said the Colts had a "great" offensive line. They've had one perennial Pro Bowler, center Jeff Saturday. Glenn was the best tackle they had, and he retired in 2007. He made 2 Pro Bowls.

Manning was/is an on field offensive coordinator, and Saturday was an on field o-line coach. Dude not only knew what he was supposed to do, he knew what EVERYONE was supposed to do and would call out blocking assignments AFTER Manning would change the play at the line.

And while I can't take credit for this - it was an out loud though by one of the local radio guys: "Manning really wants to play for the Cardinals... ...in the AFC. He knows the AFC, and there's not as many strong AFC teams as there are NFC teams. He wants to throw taters to Larry Fitzgerald, and he wants to play for Ken Whisenhunt - but he wants to do so in the AFC which is why this decision is confusing him.. While at this point in time, right now, the Cardinals may be the front runners - it all depends on what Denver does - what kind of free agents they sign these next few days to lure him there."

Edited by Shorttynaz

I still think Houston is going to come in at the last minute and sign him. It just makes so much sense. They need a QB to get over the hump and Schaub has not delivered. With one year left on his contract, they can trade or cut Schaub, sign Manning to three years and have Yates as the back up/future starter. Solid DL, solid OL. stud RB, stud WR. Weak division. Dome. It makes so much sense I am still baffled it has not been done yet.

Unless the Dolphins have some secret plan to beef up their wide receiver corps with Marshall gone, it's hard to see Manning going to Miami now. Does he want to throw to Davone Bess, Brian Hartline and Anthony Fasano?

No insult intended Dolphins homers.

At this point, I wouldn't rule out Tennessee as just a courtesy visit.

Rumor on Denver radio is that TEN owner who's like 90 yo and wealthy has gone beyond offering ANY money that Peyton wants... apparently Peyton will take control of the team after he retires. I'm not sure how this is 'legal' in terms of NFL contracts, but wow.

Yeah, wow. Take control as in, GM, HC? Both?

Hell, make him a player-coach like Pete Rose. A team can do a lot worse.

Wouldn't Tennessee need some WRs for Peyton to go there? Britt showed promise but also blew out his knee last season. Nate Washington has been nothing but average his entire career.

The offer, if true, would be tempting, but Peyton has to be thinking that he will have many opportunities to control a team once he retires. Maybe he doesn't even want that :shrug:

I still think he lands in Arizona.

Being reported on Foxsports.com that Manning has narrowed down his decisision to two AFC teams - the Titans and Broncos. If I were Manning, and I had my choices narrowed down to those two, I think I would choose the Titans as #1 - not only is it the AFC, it's the same division I've been playing in my whole career - I know very well the teams that make up half my schedule - and the other teams I'll be playing - I know them fairly well too - PLUS I get to stick it to my old employer twice a year for the rest of my career.

wonder if the league would have anything to say about it if he signs with the titans and there is any substance to these rumors about the owner offering him some sort of control of the franchise or whatever down the road. is that a deal for compensation that goes beyond the four corners of the contract? how does that count against the cap? just seems like something the league (and other teams) might not take too kindly to.

wonder if the league would have anything to say about it if he signs with the titans and there is any substance to these rumors about the owner offering him some sort of control of the franchise or whatever down the road. is that a deal for compensation that goes beyond the four corners of the contract? how does that count against the cap? just seems like something the league (and other teams) might not take too kindly to.

Remember, that's how Elway was paid when he restructured his contract during the later part of his career. Bowlen gave him shares of the team in return.

What a letdown it would be if Manning went to Tenn.

I don't see how it would be a letdown. I think Tennessee is a WAY better fit for Manning than Denver is. He's familiar with the division, he gets to mentor a young talented arm in Locker. Tennessee has a decent defense, then have a pretty solid line, and with Manning behind center - just imagine what damage Chris Johnson can do now that the team actually has a passing game that can kill their opponent if they decide to sit in the box and wait for Johnson. They have Britt, but Manning has really only had one true superstar WR in Marvin Harrison. Wayne always shined when he was playing 2nd fiddle to Harrison and Harrison was drawing the secondary's coverage in his direction. What's Stokely done outside of when he played for the Colts??

I'm just sayin - I think Tennessee is a far better fit for MANNING over Denver.

I don't see how it would be a letdown. I think Tennessee is a WAY better fit for Manning than Denver is. He's familiar with the division, he gets to mentor a young talented arm in Locker. Tennessee has a decent defense, then have a pretty solid line, and with Manning behind center - just imagine what damage Chris Johnson can do now that the team actually has a passing game that can kill their opponent if they decide to sit in the box and wait for Johnson. They have Britt, but Manning has really only had one true superstar WR in Marvin Harrison. Wayne always shined when he was playing 2nd fiddle to Harrison and Harrison was drawing the secondary's coverage in his direction. What's Stokely done outside of when he played for the Colts??

I'm a heavy owner of Denver WR's. And Fitz.....

So, uh - yeah... Manning met with the Titans for over 6 hours today, the same amount of time he spent with the Broncos and the Cardinals. Who's he meeting with tomorrow? The Titans, again.

I think the writing is on the wall. http://bleacherrepor...roncos-and-more

I'd certainly rather see him in a Titans uniform over a Broncos uniform..

Edited by Shorttynaz

Per cbs sports:

http://www.cbssports...ing-endwe-think

This is where we are with Peyton Manning: no one knows what he's going to do because (for the moment) Manning doesn't know.

A person close to Manning described the situation this way. "He's going to make a careful decision," the person said, "but anyone who says they know what he's doing is wrong. No one knows."

No one knows...yet. But the person said Manning wants to make a decision by Sunday and possibly sooner.

This much is also clear. All of the teams Manning has talked to -- Arizona, Denver, Miami and the Titans -- are in play, the person said. Yes, without question, the Dolphins are in the mix. There is no clear leader, the source explained, though I don't believe that. My guess (just a guess) is that Denver is in the lead and the order goes something like Broncos, Titans, Cardinals and Dolphins.

Some of the contenders are so focused on Manning they are holding off on making key free agent moves and even moderate ones until Manning makes a decision.

This was also interesting: The source explained that things are getting so nasty between the competitors that when Manning is either in transit or already at another team's facility some of the teams he previously visited will call him to further push why they are the place he should go. In other words, the pursuit of Manning doesn't stop when he leaves a facility. It continues relentlessly.

Manning spent a total of about eight hours with Titans brass. He left the facility at 10 eastern for his flight home.

Next, comes the decision.

Edited by Wolverines Fan

My money is on Tennessee now after the Dolphins traded Brandon Marshall.

As someone who just traded for Locker a week ago I regretfully have to agree with the thought that he's headed to Tennessee. The fact that Bud is willing to throw anything and everything at him that he wants, "Write a blank check" in his words, and that they're pitching an executive managerial opportunity with Tennessee after he retires would seem to be something Peyton wouldn't likely ignore. Plus he'd be returning to the state where he played his college ball, and a lot of people there still love him from those days. And the weapons beyond Britt and Johnson are also very good in Tennessee. Jared Cook is an athletic freak and both Nate Washington and Damian Williams looked good last year. At least I'm a Jared Cook owner so if he does indeed go to Tennessee I stand to benefit from that.