[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Peyton Manning to...

Shorttynaz

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess Mannings biggest concern here in AZ is the o-line. Not sure what he can immediately do, but it's reported that hall of famer and Cards o-line coach, Russ Grimm was invited to the closed door meeting to discuss their vision..

Agree, it's starting to look like Miami never was in the mix unless Manning is using the visits to Denver and Arizona as leverage.

Looking at the #'s Miami gives up WAY too many sacks for Manning's taste imo, and methinks the AZ Dome vs Mile High goes AZ's way.

Edited by Pope Flick

Man, I'm really concerned that Manning is going to end up in DEN. I am not convinced that he is healthy enough to be anything more than a shade of what he formerly was, and even if he were to return to being near his former capability that DEN's O-line won't be able to keep him healthy. Given Manning's age and health concerns, this isn't anything better than a 1 or 2 year fix, and the Broncos are still too far away from being championship caliber to think that Manning could bridge that gap.

If DEN really wants to go int a different direction than Tebow - which personally I think is way too early to determine give the intangibles that Tebow has shown to date, then trade Tebow to JAX for whatever they can get and use the cap space to go after Flynn. I had hopes that this team was headed in the right direction for sustained success under Elway and Fox, but now with them apparently seeking the quick fix, I'm not so sure.

Man, I'm really concerned that Manning is going to end up in DEN. I am not convinced that he is healthy enough to be anything more than a shade of what he formerly was, and even if he were to return to being near his former capability that DEN's O-line won't be able to keep him healthy. Given Manning's age and health concerns, this isn't anything better than a 1 or 2 year fix, and the Broncos are still too far away from being championship caliber to think that Manning could bridge that gap.

If DEN really wants to go int a different direction than Tebow - which personally I think is way too early to determine give the intangibles that Tebow has shown to date, then trade Tebow to JAX for whatever they can get and use the cap space to go after Flynn. I had hopes that this team was headed in the right direction for sustained success under Elway and Fox, but now with them apparently seeking the quick fix, I'm not so sure.

Maybe they can trade Tebow for Gabbert straight up and let Gabbert spent a few years learning from Manning. That might not be a bad thing.

Looks like Houston is stepping into the mix as well... Houston has more parts in place than Denver and would probably become the front runner IMHO.

I think Houston has cap trouble already but to me this would be the #1 spot for Manning and then Arizona coming in second with the Broncos in third.

Edited by Whiskey Pimp

Looks like Houston is stepping into the mix as well... Houston has more parts in place than Denver and would probably become the front runner IMHO.

They might end up really regretting that Arian Foster contract. They already should, but this could be even moreso if it turns out they can't afford him.

Getting too hectic to speculate anymore - local insiders are still saying Manning still has a real shot to end up here (and while i'm sure there's some strong bias - some are saying the Cardinals are just waiting on the formalities before Manning makes his decision to end his career in the desert). Local media reporting Manning enjoyed his trip to Phoenix moreso than Denver as there weren't news helicopters following his every move. While there were certainly Cardinals fans at the practice facility (outside of course) it's being reported that they were respectful to Manning and weren't for a lack of a better way to put this, obnoxious. ALL speculation - and just what I'm hearing on local radio.

From what's sort-of being leaked from the Cardinal's insiders, the ONLY thing Denver has over the Cardinals is cap space. Cardinals will be right up against it if they aren't already, where as Denver is $44M under the cap. One thing the Cardinals DO have that Denver doesn't is a lighter schedule, and veteran leadership on offense (Larry Fitzgerald) outside of Manning. Denver's schedule is BRUTAL!!!!

Edit: The Cardinals have released 1st round bust, LT Levi Brown (whom they took over Adrian Peterson). This move is said to clear up an estimated $17M against the cap making it easier to sign Manning & possibly Wayne to a package deal...

Edited by Shorttynaz

I'm surprised that the titans are interested. I get the Tennessee connection and Peyton makes almost anyone an instant contender if he's healthy, but seems like Titans are heading in the right direction and it's time to hand over the reigns to Locker and build the team around him.

Rumor on Denver radio is that TEN owner who's like 90 yo and wealthy has gone beyond offering ANY money that Peyton wants... apparently Peyton will take control of the team after he retires. I'm not sure how this is 'legal' in terms of NFL contracts, but wow.

Because he's Bud Adams damn it - and he gets what he wants!

Rumor on Denver radio is that TEN owner who's like 90 yo and wealthy has gone beyond offering ANY money that Peyton wants... apparently Peyton will take control of the team after he retires. I'm not sure how this is 'legal' in terms of NFL contracts, but wow.

Well that actually makes sense. just looked it up and Bud Adams is indeed 89. Prob figures he'll be dead in a couple years so might as well go for it now.