[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What ever happened to crinkle cut fries?

DMD

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not Krinkle-cut, but the french fries or "Frites" are fantastic at a restaurant called Waterzooi in Garden City, NY. Crisp, medium sized stalks of potato. Cooked perfectly - crisp on the outside, fluffy potato on the inside. Served with - not ketchup - but homemade mayonnaise. Sounds bad, but the combo is wonderfully addictive. It's likely the way they make them in Belgium.

Great restaurant, by the way. Over 100 Belgian Beers/Ales, specialty is mussels or "moules" done many ways.

Located in a premiere shopping area in case I need to go on a sock excursion.

My memory of crinkle cut fries consists of my Dad slapping together grilld cheese, campbells tomatoe soup and undercooked crinkle cuts coming out of the oven., the consistency of a dry baked potatoe.

Pass.

Gotta fry them in oil, never been a fan of oven fries. Gotta have crunchy!

Crinkle cut are the best for making chili cheese fries!

What is even better is an open-faced roast beef po-boy laid on a bed of crinkle cut fries with gravy poured over the top. Mmmm gravy fries... :drool:

Hmm . . what place in the big easy has those? saw it on the cooking network . . . its on Bourbon street I think.

darn it . . . cant remember

Hmm . . what place in the big easy has those? saw it on the cooking network . . . its on Bourbon street I think.

darn it . . . cant remember

Not sure about NOLA, but that dish used to be a 3AM staple at Mary Mahoney's in Biloxi. Sadly they closed the cafe' for good after hurricane Katrina and just have the Old French House restaurant open now. God I miss that place. A TON of great memories there. :wacko:

that looks alot like something i used to be able to get at a little resort in Ely MN. they called it the" lumber jack" you could live for days off of it. the fish was walley, the burger, venison or moose and the hots were brats and hard sausage.