[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Romance

i_am_the_swammi

My guess is the guy had a good time as well. That's something to keep in mind. Planning something over the top is actually pretty fun. A day like that in the city is fun. Sure, almost any day of the year, there's things we'd rather do that take our wife shopping for gowns and such. And if we were getting our ass dragged to the mall to go shopping with her, every freaking weekend, it would get old in a hurry. But every now and then? It's fun as hell to treat your lady to this sort of thing. There's the satisfaction of taking care of her and there's the bit about dressing up and going to the city and pampering yourself doesn't exactly suck either.

If you've got the means to pull something spectacular off, and you can manage to do so in a manner that won't seem like you're just copying this guy's whole deal, why not? It will be a blast for both of you.

You'll have a blast. My wife really goes out of her way on my birthday, elaborate surprise parties, once she packed my luggage while I was at work, woke my ass up at the crack of dawn and drove us to the airport where we flew to Vegas to meet up with some good friends. Things like that. So, for me, the bar has been set, but fortunately not by some other guy in the neighborhood. We're going to be in Argentina this year on her birthday and I'm hooking up something special down there.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My guess is the guy had a good time as well. That's something to keep in mind. Planning something over the top is actually pretty fun. A day like that in the city is fun. Sure, almost any day of the year, there's things we'd rather do that take our wife shopping for gowns and such. And if we were getting our ass dragged to the mall to go shopping with her, every freaking weekend, it would get old in a hurry. But every now and then? It's fun as hell to treat your lady to this sort of thing. There's the satisfaction of taking care of her and there's the bit about dressing up and going to the city and pampering yourself doesn't exactly suck either.

If you've got the means to pull something spectacular off, and you can manage to do so in a manner that won't seem like you're just copying this guy's whole deal, why not? It will be a blast for both of you.

You'll have a blast. My wife really goes out of her way on my birthday, elaborate surprise parties, once she packed my luggage while I was at work, woke my ass up at the crack of dawn and drove us to the airport where we flew to Vegas to meet up with some good friends. Things like that. So, for me, the bar has been set, but fortunately not by some other guy in the neighborhood. We're going to be in Argentina this year on her birthday and I'm hooking up something special down there.

For my 40th I kept telling my wife I didn't want a big deal made out of it but I assumed she would organize something, either with her family, my family or both. Every social engagement in the month leading up to my bday, I braced myself for a surprise party. Turns out she actually listened to me, even forgot to grab me a card that day. Bought me a card a week later, when she was at the supermarket, signed it and handed it to me.

That guys plan was for a milestone birthday . Its a little different than the day to day romance that our wives are probably expecting. Im sure a nice quiet dinner and maybe a gift or flowers or something like that followed by 45 seconds of bumping uglies will do the trick

That guys plan was for a milestone birthday . Its a little different than the day to day romance that our wives are probably expecting. Im sure a nice quiet dinner and maybe a gift or flowers or something like that followed by 45 seconds of bumping uglies will do the trick

you flatter me :wacko:

We find time in our lives for things that are a priority. For example, I want to be good at playing guitar but I don't practice that much. So, when I'm being honest with myself, I don't really care enough to be good at guitar.

I love my wife and I love being a father--but for years I neglected the relationship between my wife and I. Just like you, life took over for me. And our marriage developed serious problems. Fortunately, we got through those problems and now it is clear to both of us that our relationship is a priority. We have a 'date night' almost every week. I text/sext her almost daily (and I am smooth), we cook together, etc. Our relationship is now better than it has ever been and happily, my wife shows her appreciation in a more physical manner throughout the week.

Your wife is telling you, loud and clear, that she wants to feel like more of a priority in your life. You can make excuses or you can make her a priority.

Unta is probably right on this one. That doesn't mean that the wife has been lighting up your scoreboard with what you want out of the relationship either, but I would say this is a pretty clear signal. That being said, any dude who thinks of hiring a photog is ghey as fck.

My suggestion is to try to find something you both would enjoy and set something up. Even if it's more for her than you, is there some kind of a hobby that she is into that you could spend time doing? Just find something she likes or is interested in and brainstorm around that.

You must round up a posse and beat the holy living sh!t outta this dude.

Best f'ing advice ever.

That dickwad was just showing off - no need to invite all her friends along for the trip. He could have easily arranged a time for friends to meet up while the two of them were on their weekend excursion.

Better yet, after you beat the Athena out of him and he's a bloody pulp. Go back 1 min later and kick him in the nuts.

Unta is probably right on this one. That doesn't mean that the wife has been lighting up your scoreboard with what you want out of the relationship either, but I would say this is a pretty clear signal. That being said, any dude who thinks of hiring a photog is ghey as fck.

My suggestion is to try to find something you both would enjoy and set something up. Even if it's more for her than you, is there some kind of a hobby that she is into that you could spend time doing? Just find something she likes or is interested in and brainstorm around that.

I am not probably right--I am right.

And if you want your wife to "light up your scoreboard," take the lead and make things happen.

I am not probably right--I am right.

And if you want your wife to "light up your scoreboard," take the lead and make things happen.

I just bought a bottle of ether and some of those bondage tie-downs for the bed. I'm gonna get me some tonight...

Best f'ing advice ever.

That dickwad was just showing off - no need to invite all her friends along for the trip. He could have easily arranged a time for friends to meet up while the two of them were on their weekend excursion.

Better yet, after you beat the Athena out of him and he's a bloody pulp. Go back 1 min later and kick him in the nuts.

I agree with the inviting her friends bit. As for square's comment on the photog, I bet she dug it and that's really what's important.

meh....the idea of the trip was a couple's weekend to celebrate her birthday....what you saw in the video was just a small portion of the weekend, and most of it was just them for the afternoon while the other couples were at the hotel or doing something else.

he's not the kind of dude to show off in that way.