[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vikes to shop the #3 pick?

Hugh 0ne

Why the Vikings wouldn't draft a QB who actually has talent is mind boggling..

I dont think they are ready to give up on a high first round pick after just a few games yet. It would be different perhaps if the team were loaded with talent but unfortunately they are not.

They've got a few holes to fill ... O line, D line,Wide outs,blocking TE to replace Kleinsasser and a bunch of nobodys at the D backs positions. If they can get the right trade ... one that could include a limited drop in round one (10 spots or so) and yet gain a couple of picks in doing so, would prob make sense to me ........ on the otherhand ......... Matt Kalil would be hard to turn away in that third pick ... would make a big difference in protecting Ponder and oppening holes for Peterson.

:wacko:

After Cam's season, I can see RG3 going early in a lot of drafts (as in 3rd-tier QB range early).

In my local, where the 5th round pick is a 3yr mandatory keeper, I pick first in that round. Why yes, I might select him and ruin his career straight out of the gate.

You have been warned.

Edited by CowboysDiehard

Is it really news that a team with many needs would consider listening to offers for its pick? I would think it would be news if they would not.

Apparently newsworthy enough that you decided to read the thread and comment as well. :wacko:

Or was the title misleading?

They've got a few holes to fill ... O line, D line,Wide outs,blocking TE to replace Kleinsasser and a bunch of nobodys at the D backs positions. If they can get the right trade ... one that could include a limited drop in round one (10 spots or so) and yet gain a couple of picks in doing so, would prob make sense to me ........ on the otherhand ......... Matt Kalil would be hard to turn away in that third pick ... would make a big difference in protecting Ponder and oppening holes for Peterson.

:wacko:

Dallas has the 14 and wouldnt surpise me if RG3 gets to Minn, that Jerry wouldnt trade the house ,,, possibly trade bait and pay back for the Hershel Walker debacle.

Why the Vikings wouldn't draft a QB who actually has talent is mind boggling..

I'm hardly a Vikes fan (understatement of epic proportions) but I thought Ponder looked pretty good considering he was a rookie inserted to starting halfway through the season.

I'm hardly a Vikes fan (understatement of epic proportions) but I thought Ponder looked pretty good considering he was a rookie inserted to starting halfway through the season.

No doubt. And look at the WR's he was throwing too. I think Matt Kalil is the pick they should make at #3. If he's gone, maybe try moving the pick. And with a young QB like Ponder I don't think drafting a WR early is the right move, they should try and get a proven NFL WR. You know, like Calvin Johnson when the Lions realize they can't pay him. :wacko:

No doubt. And look at the WR's he was throwing too. I think Matt Kalil is the pick they should make at #3. If he's gone, maybe try moving the pick. And with a young QB like Ponder I don't think drafting a WR early is the right move, they should try and get a proven NFL WR. You know, like Calvin Johnson when the Lions realize they can't pay him. :wacko:

As a Calvin owner, please NO!!!

I would go with Khalil regardless. They need help on the oline, and he should be a great fixture. :wacko:

But if the offer is tempting enough, they should trade out. They have a LOT of holes to fill .

PS- I also think that Ponder will be a solid player for the Vikes. I thought he looked pretty decent this year.

I personally think the Vikes are going to try to shop this pick now in hopes a team believes that RGIII won't go at #2. I don't know that they get any buyers if they wait until draft day and RGIII is off the board, unless a team really wants Kalil or Blackmon. I could see Washington trading up to #3 I guess. If RGIII somehow makes it to #3, trading this pick should bring gold.

Dallas has the 14 and wouldnt surpise me if RG3 gets to Minn, that Jerry wouldnt trade the house ,,, possibly trade bait and pay back for the Hershel Walker debacle.

I'd be interested in reading why you think so. I have not heard that he covets a replacement or heir for Romo yet.