[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Super Bowl menus

i_am_the_swammi

A friend of mine always hosts and puts out a great spread. This year, I'm heading over early and we're going to put in a long ride before I help him out. Not sure what he's got in mind though. But at least we're making room for it on the bikes earlier that day.

A friend of mine always hosts and puts out a great spread. This year, I'm heading over early and we're going to put in a long ride before I help him out. Not sure what he's got in mind though. But at least we're making room for it on the bikes earlier that day.

:wacko:

Havng people to our place - waiting on my wife for the final headcount. Just about everyone will bring some sort of dish, so I have to limit myself in what I commit to making.

We are doing the nacho bar for sure - it;s always a hit. I'm debating kicking it up beyond the cheese and "regular" add ons like jalapenos, olives, sour cream, guac etc. and cooking up some taco meat, chicken, maybe doing pulled bork or brisket to top the nachos with. Again, I must keep in mind that everyone is bringing some sort of dish and I will be in Vegas from Monday thru Wednesday so don;t want a ton of leftovers.

Queso - Related to the nacho bar, but this has become a very popular specialty of mine. Losing it;s luster, I used to only make it for the Super bowl, but now it comes out at most events. Was going to pass on making it, but getting asked if we will have it..

"Main" Dish - debating grilling up a bunch of brats and hot dogs and putting them in a warming tray. I don't want to be cooking during the game. Maybe if I do go with the pulled pork/brisket or do a bunch of taco meat/chicken/asada, we turn it into a nacho/taco bar and leave it at that, but something about a totally Mexican food themed super bowl party seems wrong. Should be burgers and dogs like the 4th of July, right?

There will be nine or so people at my house for the game. So I guess I will most likely need TWO bags of chips instead of the usual one. *sigh*

I bet most grocery stores will have chips on sale as buy one, get one free so at least it won;t cost you any extra. :wacko:

We host every year. We usually have three or four families come over. Last year I smoked 18 pounds of pork shoulder on the Egg for pulled pork, and every year we make a cheddar crab dip with sourdough. I'll probably do the same this year.

Havng people to our place - waiting on my wife for the final headcount. Just about everyone will bring some sort of dish, so I have to limit myself in what I commit to making.

We are doing the nacho bar for sure - it;s always a hit. I'm debating kicking it up beyond the cheese and "regular" add ons like jalapenos, olives, sour cream, guac etc. and cooking up some taco meat, chicken, maybe doing pulled bork or brisket to top the nachos with. Again, I must keep in mind that everyone is bringing some sort of dish and I will be in Vegas from Monday thru Wednesday so don;t want a ton of leftovers.

Queso - Related to the nacho bar, but this has become a very popular specialty of mine. Losing it;s luster, I used to only make it for the Super bowl, but now it comes out at most events. Was going to pass on making it, but getting asked if we will have it..

"Main" Dish - debating grilling up a bunch of brats and hot dogs and putting them in a warming tray. I don't want to be cooking during the game. Maybe if I do go with the pulled pork/brisket or do a bunch of taco meat/chicken/asada, we turn it into a nacho/taco bar and leave it at that, but something about a totally Mexican food themed super bowl party seems wrong. Should be burgers and dogs like the 4th of July, right?

:lookingforinvite: :wacko:

Somehow I ended up marrying a chick that comes from a family that has absolutely no interest whatsoever in sports. During our move last year, we broke my 55" great room TV, so I'll most likely spend time in our bedroom watching the game with some chips/queso, bacon wrapped sausages, etc. Then again, my wife has mentioned having people over, but I'm not gonna have a bunch of people over to watch the game in our room! :tup:

:lookingforinvite: :wacko:

Somehow I ended up marrying a chick that comes from a family that has absolutely no interest whatsoever in sports. During our move last year, we broke my 55" great room TV, so I'll most likely spend time in our bedroom watching the game with some chips/queso, bacon wrapped sausages, etc. Then again, my wife has mentioned having people over, but I'm not gonna have a bunch of people over to watch the game in our room! :tup:

.... but those can turn into the best kind of parties!