[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How do I create a flash drive

whomper

I am working on a report with my daughter and we need to create a flash drive. For now , the flash drive is just for facts. We will eventually have to create a brochure using power point. I have to make this flash drive by Monday. Is there free software to make this ? If not, what should I download ? Any help would be appreciated .

My daughter just told me she has one . How do you put info on it ? Do plug it in and it guides you as far as adding info ? I just plugged it in and it said software not properly installed

I've never had any problem just plugging in a flash drive and using it. If you know the brandname of the drive you might be able to download the software for it from their website.

You could try just plugging it in and look under "My Computer" to see if a new drive shows up.

Dude. Think of it like a floppy disk. It is an external data storage device.

Yeah, that's a much easier way to put it... As long as it recognizes it (the important thing), you really can just save it straight to the device (and of course also to the hard drive as a backup), or even just copy the file you want, and open the folder on the drive and paste it.

Edited by delusions of granduer

Yeah, that's a much easier way to put it... As long as it recognizes it (the important thing), you really can just save it straight to the device (and of course also to the hard drive as a backup), or even just copy the file you want, and open the folder on the drive and paste it.

I know these questions sound ridiculous to the smart folk. and bp . but can I put a microsoft word document on there ?

I know these questions sound ridiculous to the smart folk. and bp . but can I put a microsoft word document on there ?

Yeah, it's just like your regular hard drive, but smaller and on a USB stick. File size is the only issue, but videos or a bunch of music are the only thing that's gonig to be big enough to matter on most of them.

When you go to save, it should show up as a new drive like E, F, G or something like that, and will say removable disk. Just save or copy it to there.

Edited by delusions of granduer

Yeah, it's just like your regular hard drive, but smaller and on a USB stick. File size is the only issue, but videos or a bunch of music are the only thing that's gonig to be big enough to matter on most of them.

When you go to save, it should show up as a new drive like E, F, G or something like that, and will say removable disk. Just save or copy it to there.

:tup: Thanks bro. Im all set now. Big John, you can kill this thread now :wacko::lol:

probably a good idea to stop the drive before disconnecting too.

Good add as this should be done as well.

I wondered why " How do you create a flash drive" didnt really yield much results in a google search. Wait until I gotta get this bad boy on power point. By the way, the project is about Louisiana. we can use a few historical landmarks :wacko: