[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

High Stakes Fantasy Football in Vegas

Scooby's Hubby

What are the options for high stakes fantasy football leagues in las vegas this year (live drafts)? Scooby and I are itching to get to Vegas and draft a team. Not sure what leagues are still around. Any opinions, links, etc. provided are appreciated. We would like to find a league that has a big jackpot.

TIA

How did it compare to WCOFF in your opinion?

Lineups are a little bit more flexible, otherwise the league feels are similar. For the drafting itself, they run several drafts at several times in Vegas, so there is not 1 "Main Event", and the draft itself is in a smaller room, and was told that drafting starts immediately with no celebrities, instead of a hugh dog-and-pony show beforehand. They also don't have a required hotel stay, as was a complaint about WCOFF.

The first thing I noticed about FFPC is that the money is kept by an attorney is an escrow account and payouts are Jan 14th. Did anyone on thehuddle win any money in this league last year and who all played?

We took 3rd in our league. Payout was on time, though we chose to roll our funds over to this year.

Draft was very well run, a lot less glitz and glamor than WCOFF, and , as Big John noted, they have several different draft dates/times during the week ( I believe they are doing Thurs, Fri and Sat this year, but check their site to confirm) to accommodate different schedules. No required hotel stay which is nice, though they are at the Rio this year I believe which is fairly inexpensive anyway.

Last year the staff was very friendly and professional, actually had a chance to chat with one of the owners of the FFPC for a bit and She was very cool and accommodating .

With prize money held in escrow, even though it has only been one year with them, I definitely recommend them for a high stakes league.

Link to some pics of last years draft.

looks like the links to more pics don't work anymore. but there's still some in the thread.

I went last year and do have a team for this year but won't be able to go to Vegas for the draft, Gonna have to use the online draft this year.

I think they have a very similar feel to Wcoff except as mentioned earlier, alot less of the glitz and glamour. Instead of 60 some leagues drafting at one time there was maybe 25. Pretty much same setup as wcoff, they were missing the girls at every table running the draft board, instead they had a few walking around the tables getting drinks if anyone wanted.

one big difference in scoring here is TE's get 1.5 for a reception, all other players 1 pt.

I also like that their prize structure isn't set in stone regardless of how many entries they get. If the pass a certain amount of entries, they don't just pocket the extra money they have increased some of the payouts when that happens.

Edited by BillyBalata

I sorta missed the pomp and circumstance of WCOFF, but I still enjoyed facilitating the FFPC draft last year. This year I'm drafting with BC so I'm sure we'll do really well. :unsure:

I sorta missed the pomp and circumstance of WCOFF, but I still enjoyed facilitating the FFPC draft last year. This year I'm drafting with BC so I'm sure we'll do really well. :unsure:

As long as you don't beat me senseless for constantly trying to talk you out of drafting Chargers

As long as you don't beat me senseless for constantly trying to talk you out of drafting Chargers

As long as you let me draft Rivers, Mathews, and Gates, no problemo.

As long as you let me draft Rivers, Mathews, and Gates, no problemo.

In that order....? :unsure:

So, I found the FFPC to be great, extremely well organized and very focused on what they were trying to do (WCOFF increasingly felt like a TV/movie production). I'm excited to be a part of it all again this year.

I think I'll probably even do a satellite league or two as well....

Sorry coming to this thread a bit late. As a veteran of several WCoFF's I have to say the FFPC is wonderful especially since they hired Chris Lambert after WCoFF "let her go"...that was the beginning of the end I think for WCoFF as customer service went way down after that and then they over-extended themselves and the rest sadly is history. This is now gonna be my 5th year with the FFPC...and yes they don't have all of the pomp and circumstances the WCoFF once did...they also don't have all of the side show circus crap either (celeb only drafts, TV shows/infommercials etc)...also don't have the draft day feel the early WCoFF once had....but to be honest since the WCoFF went to multiple Main Event drafts that big draft day feeling kind of left anyway. I believe this year the FFPC has 4 live Main Event drafts (1 on Thurs 9/6/12, 1 on Fri 9/7/12 and 2 on Sat 9/8/12 - check their website though to be sure) as well as just as many online Main Event drafts...lots of other league options to choose from with the FFPC as well. I know they also have approx 720 teams already registered and I imagine they will exceed the number of teams that WCoFF ever had in their best year - just will be spread out over more draft days.

I was fortunate enough to win a share of my 12 team league money last year as well as take 2nd in another live draft (Bare Knuckles League - very fun league...no notes of any kind or technology or paper or pens - nothing but your memory to draft from) and I also finished 4th overall in the Main Event contest....I got paid very quickly (in early to mid January) and also rolled over funds into the 2012 contest. The brain trust at the FFPC (Dave and Alex) are superb and the customer support (Chris Lambert) is second to none.

I hope to see/meet you and Scooby this year at the drafts...my wife and I will be the ones wearing the Staubach spamshirts (or Ware and/or Witten)...I am also easy to spot as I roll around in a blue scooter type of wheelchair with a Dallas Cowboys star sticker on the front.

KO'd

I play with the NFFC (nffc.stats.com), it's a great league (Football and Baseball-NFBC), the guys that run it are real small town guys, so although they encourage the growth, they aren't greedy like the WCOFF guys were. Greg Ambrosious and Tom Kessenich are well respected people in the fantasy community, and to them the game comes before their profits (but they aren't doing this for free, lol)

They have a pair of National Live Draft events, a 14-team league format with ~320 teams overall, $1500 buyin,$11,500 in league prizes, $75,000 grand prize; and a 12-team league format with ~540 teams, $9500 in league prizes, $150,000 grand prize. These leagues have drafts in Las Vegas, Chicago & New York.

There's also a 12-team format Online Championship, $350 buyin, ~1500 teams, $2100 in league prizes, $100,000 grand prize.

There's some live Auctions (both 14- and 12-team), some high stakes live drafts ($2500, $5000, $10000) and some Live/Online "Draft Champions" formats ($150 & $37 online, $1000 live. None of these leagues have overall prizes, except the $150/$375 Online Draft Champions leagues, which each have a $10,000 overall prize in addition to league prizes.

All league use the following format (except the Draft Champions)

20 player rosters

1 QB

2 RB

3 WR

1 TE

1 Flex (RB, WR or TE)

1 K

1 DT

10 Bench

Scoring is QB heavy

All TD = 6

Pass Yd = 1 per 20 (0.05 per yd)

Rush Yd = 1 per 10 (0.10)

Rec Yd = 1 per 10 (0.10)

Reception = 1 (all players)

Field Goals (3 up to 30 yards, extra 0.1 per yard thereafter)

FAAB Waivers, $1000 to spent on Free Agents, with two weekly Blind Bid Waiver runs (Wednesday night and Friday night). Players who play Thursday night are ineligible to be claimed on Friday.

In the Live Events, for the 14-team leagues, you play a 13-week regular season, with 1 game versus each other team in the league (13 games). There's basically 3 prizes for a total of $10,000 awarded to the top 2 teams...$3000 goes to the team with the Best Record and $3000 goes to the team with the Most Points scored -- if that's the same team, they get a $1000 bonus for $7000 total; and the remaining $3000 goes to the next best scoring team If two different teams have the Best Record and Most Points, they each get $3000, and playoff during weeks 14-16 for the remaining $4000. Third place is always the next most points.

In the 12-team leagues, you play a 13-week regular season, with 1 game versus each other team (11 games), and during Weeks 1 & 2, there's a All-Play format, where the top 6 scoring teams get a Win and the bottom 6 scoring teams get a Loss (this just occurs during Weeks 1 & 2). Prizes are similar, with $9000 to be awarded -- $3000 to the Best Record, $3000 to the Most Points (no bonus for both in the 12-teamers). If same person gets both, they get $6000, and 2nd most points gets $3000. If Best Record and Most Points are split, they get $3000 each and playoff for the other $3000.

In the Playoffs (weeks 14-16), the Top 2 teams in each league qualify, plus any team in the top 15% of the overall scoring (for their respective game). Those teams take their Regular Season scoring average (weeks 1-13) in the the Playoffs, and it's added to Week 14, 15 and 16 to give each team their Final Score. The best score wins.

(in the Draft Champions $150/$375 leagues there is an Overall Playoff structure, but there's no roster moves all year, each team drafts 30 players, and each team receives it's optimal lineup each week, no lineup is submitted by the owners. Basically after the draft, you are done with the team.)

Edited by sportfreak1996

• 3 weeks later...