[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Training Camp Observations and Titbits

Just looked it up - Since Barry Sanders ended his career with 5 straight 16 game seasons, only one runner (James Stewart - 2000) managed to last all 16 games as the primary. None in the last 12 years.

Watching the YouTube videos from today's Saints camp...officially boarding the Ingram train right now. Think they'll be running quite a bit this season with Payton's departure.

I keep reading people speculating that this will happen and I don't buy it. The Saints are built to throw the ball a ton, and that isn't going to change just because they lost their HC (and OC/play caller) for the season. I'm going to have to see evidence of this at least in pre-season before I'm believing it.

Word out of Denver is that the sports reporters don't know ####.

Listening to the premier sports talk station on the way home this afternoon, in a 5 minute span the guys stated that Joseph Addai was clearly a superior RB to Edgerrin James because IND won a SB with Addai at RB, could not name James Stewart (that Oregon guy) as DWill's running partner in CAR, and stated that P Manning was currently in the prime of his career - and used Favre's last year in MIN to emphasize their point. They then spent the next half hour defending each of these statements as they were inundated with phone calls taking issue with their positions.

I kid you not.

So when you hear Manning is throwing better than he has previously in his entire career, take it with a grain of salt...

Edited by Bronco Billy

I seriously doubt that report. To have a concussion one has to have a brain.

No, he has one, it's just very small. Think of a pea rolling around inside of a giant round chamber. Because it's so small it generates greater inertia when it does slam into the sides of his skull and bruises more easily

No, he has one, it's just very small. Think of a pea rolling around inside of a giant round chamber. Because it's so small it generates greater inertia when it does slam into the sides of his skull and bruises more easily

Medical science needs to get to work on finding a cure.

Pump foam insulation in through the ears and nose.

They should get on this right away. It seems like there might be the very real possibility of that pea rolling out of his earhole and onto the field if they don't do something. Imagine the stoppage in play if it happened during a game and they had to look for it. It would be like back in the 70's when they occassionally stopped play to look for contact lenses.

I roled the dice in the Huddle Mock Draft #1 that Best would at some point in time get hurt again.

I hope that works out for you. Picking a guy in a mock and then not being able to not use him anyway since it was just a mock can really suck.

That Kevin Smith pick in the last round could be hugh, at least for the first 2 games of the season. :thinking:

Mikel Leshoure - RB - Detroit Lions Posted 7/28/12 1:28am et Detroit Lions RB Mikel Leshoure (knee) was fast and able to make cuts in practice Friday, July 27. He was working with the second team, and he did not show any ill-effects of last season's Achilles' injury.

Mikel Leshoure - RB - Detroit Lions Posted 7/28/12 2:10pm et

Detroit Lions RB Mikel Leshoure (hamstring) suffered a hamstring injury during practice Saturday, July 28. He is considered day-to-day at this point.

Possibly Kevin Smith might live a bit longer...until game 3 or 4

And of course they say Smith looks as healthy as he has in years. All I know is that the Lions have not had any primary RB make it 16 full games without injury for the last 12 years. Best scares me to death now since he is one thump on the melon from retirement and LeShoure has injury AND off the field problems.

Plus side - Lions gotta throw.

Word out of Denver is that the sports reporters don't know ####.

Listening to the premier sports talk station on the way home this afternoon, in a 5 minute span the guys stated that Joseph Addai was clearly a superior RB to Edgerrin James because IND won a SB with Addai at RB, could not name James Stewart (that Oregon guy) as DWill's running partner in CAR, and stated that P Manning was currently in the prime of his career - and used Favre's last year in MIN to emphasize their point. They then spent the next half hour defending each of these statements as they were inundated with phone calls taking issue with their positions.

I kid you not.

So when you hear Manning is throwing better than he has previously in his entire career, take it with a grain of salt...

Neither can you as it's jonathan stewart as dwill's partner in carolina and not james stewart. Then again, you were probably doing that to insult Taz. LoL! ; ) And boy oh boy was that a heap of trash to listen too.