[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Most unpredictable team for fantasy value 2012?

SecondString

I vote for Tampa....

Josh Freeman - predicted by many to step up and be an FF producer this year...believe it?

Doug Martin - probably has the job, but can the rookie deliver the numbers with any consistency?

Vincent Jackson - will he & Josh connect?

MWTB - benefit from VJax or fall off the boards?

Dallas Clark - another wild card

Across the board, I see the whole offense as being very hard to predict, probably gonna steer clear completely.

Denver & Washington have to be in this conversation though....thoughts? KC maybe??

Edited by SecondString

I will add Dallas ... with possible injury to DeMarco (could not last a full season and was injured in college)and Romo (Romo seems to get injured in even years), Miles' off year last year, Witten's slow decline and Dez's off field troubles, all could add up to a few disappointments.

New York Jets. Could be a playoff team that has no one worth owning or they could have a couple top-15 guys. Sacnhez, Tebow, Greene, Holmes, they have talent but I have no idea if any of them are worth owning

SEA has to be one of the leaders in this category. Flynn played very well in two regular season games and looks like he is a QB who makes great decisions and will throw guys open. But he currently sits behind Jackson because it appears Carrol is committed to encorporating fairness into position battles. Then there is Russell Wilson lurking.

At running back we've got Lynch missing games and a toss up between rookie Turbin - who is a complete mystery right now as to NFL capability - and Washington in line for picking up the slack. If Turbin performs well and can pass protect what happens when Lynch returns?

At WR we've got a greatly talented but annually injured Rice, Tate who seems to have had the light bulb go on, Baldwin in the slot, and Lockette looking very good early this year after showing flashes of potential greatness before getting injured.

Then at TE they've got Winslow who is convinced of his greatness but doesn't back it up enough and Miller who has shown a few glimpses of being a solid starter but faded badly last year.

I think there's some good FF production to be had on this team - especially with that great D to support them, but where does it come from and how do you draft for it?

I say Jacksonville. There is a ton of physical talent and some history of fantasy scoring on this roster.

First question is can the QB play support the WR's though? Gabbert was positively awful last year so they can't let that go forever. How long does Gabbert get before Henne is breathing down his neck - because I'm convinced Henne is the better QB of the two, and can make something happen with these types of receivers.

MJD can be top 5, but he has a ton of bust potential with a possible long holdout (CJ1.1k anyone?), a new offensive coordinator (that he needs to be in camp to learn the system of), and just general age/mileage concerns. Even if he's all good, is there enough balance to keep 9 out of the box?

WR corps got a huge talent infusion with Blackmon and Laurent Robinson, who's coming off a strong season with 11 TD's but we're already hearing whispers of disappointment out of camp. Last year's #1 WR is all of a sudden their #3/slot guy, and that's a good thing, and it's a good fit for his skill set. He put up spot-starter numbers in a similar role a couple of years ago.

Where in the world is Marcedes Lewis? 0 TD's after a 58/700/10 season????

It's even a defense that went from #32 in 2009 AND 2010 to #16 last year (homer league scoring), and now with a new DC who knows?

To me, Jacksonville is an offense I wouldn't touch with TimC's pole.

Kansas City has the makings of an interesting offense. The early word around camp is that Jon Baldwin (doesn't want to be called Jonathon anymore) is lighting it up. Apparantly he and Cassell worked a bunch together in the offseason. Baldwin is a guy to watch out for.

Early reports are that Charles is looking and feeling good, though Hillis will definitely be there to take some of the carries. I think the Chiefs running game will be really good. The offensive line should be much improved. I just wouldn't draft Charles as my RB1.

The TE's will be interesting. I think they'll get some touches, but for now it's too early to tell how they will be used. There is talk about the Chiefs using more of a mid-range to short range passing game and not going vertical all the time. This suits Cassells skill set much better, so TE's could be good. The one to have would be Moeaki I guess, but he's coming off ACL surgery too. Don't forget that Boss is here as well and should get plenty of playing time.

As for Bowe, who knows. I think he'll be in camp at some point, and if he shows up ready to play he could be a monster if he's still unsigned to a long term deal. He's going to have to play for his big payday, so he'll have to play hard. This is probably one of the reasons the Chiefs haven't signed him long-term: they are afraid once he gets the pay day he'll shut it down. We'll see.

Could be an interesting year in Chiefs Land.

Browns? Or are they just untouchable not unpredictable

Weeden - how does the rookie do with limited surrounding talent

Richardson - sure he could be a stud, or opposing Ds could key on him until the passing game gets going

Little/Gordon/Massaquoi - unproven and with a rookie QB

TE - heck I don't even remember who we have

But placekicker Phil Dawson should be decent since we often have drives peter out before reaching the end zone.

I say Jacksonville, their offense will be based on the production and growth from Gabbert. I think their team has the biggest potential to find fantasy sleepers.

I like Jeffries value on the Bears, with cutler throwing the ball and the defense has to worry about Marshall and Forte/Bush. I really like Jeffries chances as a rookie!

Redskins for me.

QB - a rookie, Grossman, and another rookie. Lots of erratic production going on.

RB - Shanahan's play of last week isn't the play of next week

WR - Garcon/SMoss/Hankerson/Morgan/random free agent getting over paid?

TE - FDavis if he lays off the MJ and Cooley is coming back

I think it's tampa. Can Freeman have a good bounce back year? They added a ton of talent on offense (Martin, Jackson, Clark), but will this translate to points? I think some off the pressure comes off Freeman due to the weapons around him. They could have a solid offensive year. Doug Martin has (apparently) been really impressive in camp so far.

Good posts here ... JAX is actually predictable, IMO, b/c we all know not to expect much.

It is the teams that you have blind faith in that scare me. A guy like Peyton Manning, a RB like Demarco that has a high draft position & high ceiling, but yet to play a full season, how about Oakland? McFadden could be huge or could be a bust, due to injury. Then there is OAK's WR corps, and speaking of WR corps, San Diego has the kind of WR crew that could be WR roulette.

This is the season of being a A+ manager, starting players when match-ups are favorable and hitting the free agent markets.

Edited by Scooby's Hubby

Could be an interesting year in Chiefs Land.

I have nothing but respect for KC fans and the Huddle seniority of Chief Dick, but I think all KC players are overvalued for FFL this year. Charles needs a year to recover and with Daboll running the show Cassel will show his true colors and sink the value of Bowe and Baldwin alike. Maybe an improved defense changes fortunes but I'm skeptical. Maybe some value to Hillis but it's speculation.

I think it's the Broncos by a mile. If Manning can be healthy and productive there are at least 3-5 bonafide FFL gems on this team (Manning, McGahee, Decker and Thomas). If Manning craps the bed, those same players' value plummet. You can pretend to pan for gold in Jacksonville, Indianapolis, or the Jets and maybe you get lucky, but no team has the potential variance of the Broncos. It's literally the difference between fantasy championships or wondering why you believed all the hype in the first place.

I have nothing but respect for KC fans and the Huddle seniority of Chief Dick, but I think all KC players are overvalued for FFL this year. Charles needs a year to recover and with Daboll running the show Cassel will show his true colors and sink the value of Bowe and Baldwin alike. Maybe an improved defense changes fortunes but I'm skeptical. Maybe some value to Hillis but it's speculation.

I think it's the Broncos by a mile. If Manning can be healthy and productive there are at least 3-5 bonafide FFL gems on this team (Manning, McGahee, Decker and Thomas). If Manning craps the bed, those same players' value plummet. You can pretend to pan for gold in Jacksonville, Indianapolis, or the Jets and maybe you get lucky, but no team has the potential variance of the Broncos. It's literally the difference between fantasy championships or wondering why you believed all the hype in the first place.

Far as fantasy value I would have to agree for the most part. However, Daboll had sucess with Hillis in Cleveland and seems to be the only OC that could get any value out of Bush. If the running game can help keep Cassels turnover down (like it did a couple of years ago) and with the addition of Winston, Cassel might just might be a surprise.

Far as fantasy value I would have to agree for the most part. However, Daboll had sucess with Hillis in Cleveland and seems to be the only OC that could get any value out of Bush. If the running game can help keep Cassels turnover down (like it did a couple of years ago) and with the addition of Winston, Cassel might just might be a surprise.

As a Browns fan I don't think Dumbo (Daboll) had much to do with Hillis success. That was a perfect storm of no other weapons (bad QB, WR, TE) and tons of carries.

Didn't follow Miami enough to know whether the OC was the real reason Bush had success. We'll see what happens this year.

How about Minnesota?

QB - Will Christian Ponder take that next step? Or will the Vikings lackluster offense hold him back even if he does? Joe Webb is a heckuva an athlete. More could be done with him if the playcalling could get a little more creative.

RB - How will Adrian Peterson do coming back from his devastating injury? When will he be back and will his skills have diminished and to what extent? Can Leroy HoardToby Gerhart provide some fantasy value the first few weeks of the season if Peterson is not ready right away?

WR - Can Percy Harvin keep up the tear he was on at the end of the year? Can Jerome Simpson keep his nose clean and step up to his ability? Will any of the other young WRs step up?

TE - Kyle Rudolph has a lot of potential. Will Ponder feed him the ball constantly and make him a real fantasy force in Musgraves offense which will favor the TEs even more. They spent alot on John Carlson as well though he has recently been injured. How will he figure in when back.

PK - Gone is Ryan Longwell. Enter a rookie who had a not so great senior season, but supposedly the coaches saw something obvious in him that they think they can fix.

Edited by CaP'N GRuNGe

Surprised it hasn't been said, but with Vick going from a top-2 QB two years ago to an afterthought last year, and dragging DJax and Maclin down with him....I have no idea where to value any Eagle player this year. They could be top 5-10, or could easily slip into the low-teens or beyond.

Yep, even McCoy, who IMO, doesn't come close to duplicating last season's stellar numbers unless both he and Vick play 16 games. I would not be taking him with a top-5 pick...nothing but a hunch.

• Like 1

Surprised it hasn't been said, but with Vick going from a top-2 QB two years ago to an afterthought last year, and dragging DJax and Maclin down with him....I have no idea where to value any Eagle player this year. They could be top 5-10, or could easily slip into the low-teens or beyond.

Yep, even McCoy, who IMO, doesn't come close to duplicating last season's stellar numbers unless both he and Vick play 16 games. I would not be taking him with a top-5 pick...nothing but a hunch.

I have the same feeling about McCoy, specifically his TD numbers, which is what set him apart from the others, last year. I do like Maclin, however.

Basically any of my actually Fantasy Football teams.

I'll go with St. Louis

Is Bradford going to get back to building on his solid rookie season, or continue regressing?

Which of the 6 or 7 WR2-caliber receivers can step up? Is the hype on Quick for real? Is Amendola ready for another great PPR year or will he not be the same after the injury?

Can Steven Jackson hold up another year? Do they give Pead a decent workload to keep him fresh?

Other than really liking Quick's potential, I could go either way on pretty much all of these questions.

Here's my pitch for the Steelers:

How does Todd Haley's offense change the way they run things?

Is Redman really the answer?

What's going to happen with the WR corps if Wallace gets trades, sits or gets hurt after holding out?

Can Antonio Brown hold his own as a WR1?

Who else can step up in the passing game with Ward now retired?

With O-line upgrades, do we see more routes and targets for Heath Miller?

Reading some of these responses, you realize that almost any player or team could in some way be considered unpredictable to some degree. The reason I chose Tampa is because top to bottom for the key offensive FF positions, I am struggling with deciding for several of their players whether or not I want them on my roster....could they be solid weekly starters? Yes, some of those mentioned are to some extent unpredictable, but many of them I am in no way tempted to draft (i.e. Rams, Vikings, Colts, Jax, Seattle, talking top to bottom, not individual players). So I stick with Tampa, then Denver, then Washington.