[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Start Bench List / Player Projections Poll

DMD

Picking the Display  

50 members have voted

1. 1. How best to show the 5 grades of the confidence factor?

• 1 to 5 stars
    • 1 to 5 dots
    • the numbers 1 to 5
    • Alpha code like VL,L,A,H,VH
    • Don't like any of them.
    • I think I can figure it out regardless so whatever

After some 16 years of basically doing things one way, we are responding to an overwhelming response to our survey and improving what and how we do these important parts of The Huddle. One of the things you will be seeing will be player write-ups along with their projections that will be even more researched, more analyzed, more often updated and the product of both myself and John Tuvey working and reviewing every projected player together to avoid any conflicts. Change is always scary but this is exciting honestly because it will be a better product and in response to the tsunami of opinion on what people wanted to see.

One thing that we will be having for every projection will be a confidence factor of five grades. When you go to a single number expression of a player's projected performance, you lock yourself in one spot that will be the most likely outcome given all. But there are projections that are slam dunk likely (5), a lot that are definitely reasonable with maybe an equal chance of higher or lower outcomes (3) and some that address the situation based on much fewer inputs like when a completely unknown RB gets his first start against the worst defense in the league (1). Confidence factor is how bankable the projection should be. How likely the player should be to meet or exceed it. The intent is to help for those cases where you have perhaps 3 wideouts that have very similar projections - take the two with the highest confidence.

The question is how best to display this. You could use the numbers 1-5. Instead of numbers, you could use stars or dots or footballs. You could use an alpha code like VL, L, A, H, VH for very low, low, average, high, very high. Just wondered what those of you who use the projections/rankings would prefer to see if anything.

Still disappointed to see the potential differences of opinion between you and 2V go, as i enjoyed seeing where there were differences of opinion and reading each of your analysis of the situations.

That said, I think, to keep with the football theme, a 5 football ranking would make sense.