[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Official Cowboys @ Giants

Cowboyz1

Slip and company made the GMen's secondary look like fecis.

Congrats on the win. Other than the missed PI call in the end zone (not complaining it happens), the officiating wasn't bad at all IMO.

Damn does O-tree look amazing...I don't think it was just the Giants disgusting secondary, he knew where to go.

O.k., now we're getting rolling.............. :pop:

Please let Victor Cruz get it going, so, that I can go to bed happy.

P.S. I'm watching this game on an old-school non flat-screen, non-HD TV. C'mon Comfort Inn, get with the times !!!!

You're in a motel for the opening game of the NFL season and didn't make sure they had better TVs? No sports bar or other place you could go to watch the game? Sounds like bad planning on your part :shrug:

Oh yeah and congrats to the Cowboys and their fans. Your team looked very good, much improved on D (amazing what good CB play does) and Romo and the whole offense clicked pretty well. Could be a very tough team to beat this season if they keep playing that well.

It was the first time that I have had confidence that the Dallas D could make a stop in a long time. Cruz dropped a few no doubt but I havent seen CB play like that from Dallas in ages. A part of me always had that "They will lose in gut wrenching fashion" feeling even up 14 with 5 mins left but another part of me said this team seems a little different. The Penalties are same old same old for us and I agree with Blitz that you just cant consistently win with that many miscues. They played with some grit last night. I have said for years that a big part of what this team lacked is toughness. Last night I saw some nice hits and I saw enthusiasm . It is one game and I am thrilled as hell to win against the heated division foe on the road and now have the extra rest. I saw some of the bad habits and I saw some good new positive things. For Cowboys fans, if they stay hungry and can get the miscues under wraps we could have a nice year. If they continue to rack up penalties it will eventually bite them on the ass

Slip and Demo were awesome last night. Especially in the 2nd half. It was a very satisfying win :clap:

You know what I think it was. Youth. Those kids are hungry. Out with the old in with the new. A lot of young guys out there on D and O trying to prove themselves. I love it........

You're in a motel for the opening game of the NFL season and didn't make sure they had better TVs? No sports bar or other place you could go to watch the game? Sounds like bad planning on your part :shrug:

I'm getting old. I was extremely tired and didn't feel like going anywhere. I stayed at that hotel because my training was being held there. It was my first time there, and I was under the misguided assumption that every hotel had flat screens by now. Getting old sucks. :kicksrock:

I'm getting old. I was extremely tired and didn't feel like going anywhere. I stayed at that hotel because my training was being held there. It was my first time there, and I was under the misguided assumption that every hotel had flat screens by now. Getting old sucks. :kicksrock:

Old age has a way of creeping up on us. The Steelers D is in the same boat. There are some long teeth on that squad.

Old age has a way of creeping up on us. The Steelers D is in the same boat. There are some long teeth on that squad.

They are, but, as usual, they have prepared for it. Hampton's replacement, Steve McLendon was the standout of camp from the defensive side. He will likely play at least 40% of the time as it is, and is ready to step in for Hampton. Keisel is getting up in age, but, they drafted Ziggy Hood & Cameron Heyward to prepare for the transition. Ziggy is starting now, and Heyward is ready to replace Keisel and will be part of the rotation this year. Harrison is coming towards the end, but, they have Jason Worilds ready to step in (Just like they had Gildon to replace Lloyd, Porter to replace Gildon, Harrison to replace Porter). The only major area of concern for me, concerning age is the Buck ILB position, where Foote is aging, and quite simply nothing special at this point. Worldis can also play the Buck, but, we need to address this spot next year. We have young corners ready to go in Keenan Lewis & Cortez Allen, but, don't really have anyone ready to step up at Safety. Mundy & Allen are solid backups, but, neither is extremely young. So, young depth at the Buck ILB and both safety positions are my only real concern from a player standpoint.

My biggest concern is that Dick LeBeau can't coach forever. More than ANYONE, he has been the reason for the Steelers success. I consider him the best coordinator in the NFL. What he has done year in and year out with the Steelers defense, despite injuries or player turnover is downright amazing.

Edited by Menudo

They are, but, as usual, they have prepared for it. Hampton's replacement, Steve McLendon was the standout of camp from the defensive side. He will likely play at least 40% of the time as it is, and is ready to step in for Hampton. Keisel is getting up in age, but, they drafted Ziggy Hood & Cameron Heyward to prepare for the transition. Ziggy is starting now, and Heyward is ready to replace Keisel and will be part of the rotation this year. Harrison is coming towards the end, but, they have Jason Worilds ready to step in (Just like they had Gildon to replace Lloyd, Porter to replace Gildon, Harrison to replace Porter). The only major area of concern for me, concerning age is the Buck ILB position, where Foote is aging, and quite simply nothing special at this point. Worldis can also play the Buck, but, we need to address this spot next year. We have young corners ready to go in Keenan Lewis & Cortez Allen, but, don't really have anyone ready to step up at Safety. Mundy & Allen are solid backups, but, neither is extremely young. So, young depth at the Buck ILB and both safety positions are my only real concern from a player standpoint.

My biggest concern is that Dick LeBeau can't coach forever. More than ANYONE, he has been the reason for the Steelers success. I consider him the best coordinator in the NFL. What he has done year in and year out with the Steelers defense, despite injuries or player turnover is downright amazing.

And the pitch, It's long, it's deep, it's outa hear.......Well done on the break down. I have always admired the Pitt organization in how they keep reloading year after year. I keep wishing we had a GM that could mine talent and reload like they do. We have always been spotty using swaptronics instead of development. We got lucky the last couple of years to assemble this years squad. I feel a real since of grit, determination and youthful enthusiasm for this years team. Finally we have a back end that can play.

So how can we win? I'll tell you. Romo goes for his 300+ and touchdowns to Beasley, Dez and Austin. Murray goes for 90+ and another score with 5+ grabs out of the backfield for another 40. The kid has a mean streak and I love it. But the key to beating the Giants will be the Secondaries. Eli has enjoyed being able to throw up rainbows that are in the air long enough for me to fly to NY, get a cab, grab a Coney Dog, and be in the stadium just in time for the ball to fall nicely into the arms of a waiting Nicks or Cruz. All the while our secondary watching, struggling to get into position to see the catch and attempt a tackle. Ridiculous.

That won't happen this time round.

The Giants secondary is the one to worry about now. They did nothing this off-season to get better back there. If the pass rush doesn't get there, they're in serious trouble. In fact, I am willing to go on record now and say the Giants secondary is going to be their achilles heal.

Prediction: What do you think! :whistle:

So that's how I see it through my Star tinted Homer glasses............. :shades:

Man I like these new glasses of mine.................. :brow:

Ha-ha-, tell me about it. Pulled a calf muscle (or maybe strained/tore the ligament) while jogging to the car to avoid getting wet in the rain after work. Freaking painful and Dr. only says "ice it, take some pain relief, and try to stay off it. If not better come back in 3-7 days". Good thing for me the NFL starts this weekend, along with some racing on my DVR and college football I'll have plenty to keep me entertained while I've got my feet up.

Been traveling a lot last few years, and many hotels have upgraded to better TVs even independents and small chains. But did stay somewhere recently that had some old 19" tube TVs.