[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Official Cowboys @ Giants

Cowboyz1

Big win for the Cowboys in New York against their division rival. Congrats to the Boys fans on the board. A lot to be excited about for Cowboys fans. Romo was close to perfect after his interception in the 2nd quarter. The receiving corps looked great, and that was with a limited Witten. They definitely have the potential to be an extremely dangerous offense. Murray looked explosive as well. The biggest improvement I saw was in the Cowboys secondary. They looked much improved.

As for the Giants, Eli definitely didn't have one of his better games, but, some drops, particularly by Cruz hurt as well. However, the Giants have been unimpressive early before, only to come back and turn it on when it matters most.

For tonight though, the Cowboys fans deserve to go to bed happy. Congrats. :brew:

P.S. Take this review for what it's worth. I fell asleep and missed the 1st Quarter :bag: and had to watch on a 25 inch old-school, non-HD TV like an amish person. :)

We need a poem.

I am counting it down to the C1 thread, "Slip is the greatest QB in the league and you all know it."

In all seriousness, I played Romo in every league I have him in expecting a shootout type of game that early season NYG-DAL have been in the last couple years. While the game wasn't a shootout by any stretch, Romo came up big after that interception.

On the IDP side, Sean Lee and Antrel Rolle were quality starts for me. Lots of tackle opportunity.

I am counting it down to the C1 thread, "Slip is the greatest QB in the league and you all know it."

In all seriousness, I played Romo in every league I have him in expecting a shootout type of game that early season NYG-DAL have been in the last couple years. While the game wasn't a shootout by any stretch, Romo came up big after that interception.

On the IDP side, Sean Lee and Antrel Rolle were quality starts for me. Lots of tackle opportunity.

I think in honor of C1 I am officially renaming my team in Cali Both league to Slip

:crazy:

Actually Slippery Slip :fool:

Edited by Sunday Couch Potatoe

Not a sharp game by either outfit. For the Cowboys I don't think they are going to worry too much about not being sharp until after the ride home. They got a division road win and have extra time now to prepare for Seattle so they have time to clean things up a bit, and have every hope of being 2-0 after their next game. For them a win is a win and a road win against a division opponent is extra sweet no matter how they looked.

As for the Giants you hate to drop a home game and a division game while looking exposed. Still, it is only one game.

It was nice to see football back even if the game did not capture my imagination as well as some might have.

I have to wonder if that was a toadie cleaning Jerry Jones' glasses, or if that is a kiss ass family member. If it is a paid toadie position I can think of worse things than being Jones' toadie. The job would come with some decent perks I imagine, owners boxes, private jets, etc.

Time to wait for Cowboy1's written orgasm.

I wonder if somebody misplaced Cruz's thumbs over the offseason.

Edited by Ditkaless Wonders

No joke, my Blackberry started blinking from a new e-mail... From Bill Clinton, subject line, Urgent.

That e-mail distracted me as well, I missed Cruz drop 3 passes, plus the hold on him in the endzone. C'est la vie.

congrats to the Cowboy fans and cowboyz1, looking forward to all the I told you so's and obviouslies tomorrow.

For reall though, good game, Cowboys are definitely a contender - defense looks great. I think the Giants got a good look at what they need to fix (hands) for the upcoming season and hope they can get back on track.

Is it just me or did the Giants' D look tired and all over the place the entire game?

Did Wilson even get on the field after the fumble? I didn't see him once.

He returned the Cowboys' final kickoff.

Dallas Cowboys at 05:57

D.Bailey kicks 63 yards from DAL 35 to NYG 2. D.Wilson to NYG 21 for 19 yards (G.Sensabaugh).

They tried to piss the game away with penalties ...

Yeah, but you knew that was coming with the o-line not having played together and losing Costa early on...something that can be fixed with experience.

Just one game but you got to love (if you're a Cowboys homer) seeing Romo not have to worry about his defense giving up a ton of points...he looks impressive when he doesn't have to win it by himself.

Big win for the Cowboys in New York against their division rival. Congrats to the Boys fans on the board. A lot to be excited about for Cowboys fans. Romo was close to perfect after his interception in the 2nd quarter. The receiving corps looked great, and that was with a limited Witten. They definitely have the potential to be an extremely dangerous offense. Murray looked explosive as well. The biggest improvement I saw was in the Cowboys secondary. They looked much improved.

As for the Giants, Eli definitely didn't have one of his better games, but, some drops, particularly by Cruz hurt as well. However, the Giants have been unimpressive early before, only to come back and turn it on when it matters most.

For tonight though, the Cowboys fans deserve to go to bed happy. Congrats. :brew:

P.S. Take this review for what it's worth. I fell asleep and missed the 1st Quarter :bag: and had to watch on a 25 inch old-school, non-HD TV like an amish person. :)

Thanks!

As a Cowboy fan I was impressed to finally see a real defense for the first time in years. Their investment in cornerbacks is huge. Carr is one of the best in the league and Claiborne has a very high ceiling. They are solid up front with outstanding LB's.

This team has a ways to go to gel but that defense may turn out to be one of the very best in the league this season. They didn't have their stud nose tackle tonight and still looked very strong. Their back 4 should help increase their sack totals substantially. The biggest beneficiary of all will most likely be Romo. Knowing you have a defense that can hold leads is huge for a QB's confidence.

Edited by Ice1

Yeah, but you knew that was coming with the o-line not having played together and losing Costa early on...something that can be fixed with experience.

Just one game but you got to love (if you're a Cowboys homer) seeing Romo not have to worry about his defense giving up a ton of points...he looks impressive when he doesn't have to win it by himself.

Penalties were an issue all last year ... and it didn't get better with "experience". And the OL has nothing to do with defensive penalties. Anyway I am hopeful that the OL will gel and the coaches will do what it takes to correct the penalties.

Yes, Romo looked pretty impressive playing with a lead and a defense that wasn't laying down for the other defense.

At best I am just starting to formulate a hypothesis or two for testing out in the coming weeks.

Well, just remember young man...science when used properly can be a wonderful thing solving countless mysteries, but in the hands of an idiot can cause massive loss of life and property.

So just remember to always wear safety glasses, never ever try to test how hot the bunsen burner flame is with your finger, and don't stick your test tube in your partners face and ask "have you ever seen it do this before?" :thinking:

oOHHHHH YEAh Baby!!!....................Hold on I need a cigarette and a towel.

Well before I get starting I will temper my enthusiasm for a couple of reasons. One the Giants were down to their last man standing at Corner. So I'm not going out to the waiver super market with my sleeping bag and camp out trying to beat the rush for Ogletree. I have seen this before from him and then never again until next off-season training camp.That said........Wow that was really impressive for a lot of reasons.

First off I want to introduce you to Demo aka Demarco Murray. I've been saying it and I've been saying it. This kid is special. I told you all about his mean streak. UHhh the kid ran over Blackburn on that 7 yard key 2nd down play when we were trying to salt the game. Earlier he ran Rolle over. This kid is the piece of the puzzle we needed to be lethal. Truly lethal. Not only that but did you see him come off the field. Nope........He wore the $hit out that that defensive line of the Giants which out of respect is saying something.

Now Slip............ :D That was the kind of game the Slip is capable of. Yes he threw the pick to Boley but after that. Man he was just locked in and down right sick tonight. The differnce tonight was he took what they gave and just played within himself. Since the Jets game last year I believe he found himself and settled into maturity as a game manager. There were two things that showed me a corner had been potentially turned. When the Cowboys were driving for that last score, the offensive line was acting as if they were paid to f...k the game up. I mean they had to drive 112 yards to score. In years past that drive ends with MAYBE a field goal. But this years Romo didn't get flustered and finally had enough of the crap and signaled to Austin "I'm comin to ya lets score" and he ended the Drive with a 30 yard Score to Austin. That was a thing of beauty. But the play that really set Slip apart from years past was the 3 and 11 to ice the game. I have to be honest here. I was expecting Pick. I really did. I was saying Romo figures if he's not going to get any help from his O line he's going to do it by himself and presses himself into a pick. But No he drops back and drills a perfect strike to Ogletree.

How many of you would of bet the house that after that holding call setting up 3rd and 11, somehow the Giants were going to get the ball back and tie the game up with a late score and then if any time was left kick a field goal to win it. Or win it in overtime. :wflag: Can't help it. I did.

Now you go from 3rd and 2 for the win and have run pass options for the defense to worry about, to 3rd and 11 to win which screams pass, you have to give Witten a thump to the spleen for putting you in that position. Not like him. So my pisstivity level spiked as I was like, really, your going to take this game and all its wonderfulness and back into a 3rd and 11, in NY, against a desperate Giants pass rush with Murray already at a buck 20 running over people all night long. But I shook off the doubt and focused in on Slip making a play because alast I trust him. The devil was there telling me he was going to kick me square in the balls with steel toed boots but I stood my ground, spread eagle believing Slip was going to come through and he did. Albeit wincing, as my balls scrambled desperately to crawl up somewhere for cover, an adaptation developed over the past few years. So I took a firm hold, pulled them back down to full hang position and stood my ground non the less.

But I have to say the thing that had me busting a nut all night was the play of our Defense. Man oh man was this D playing some good football tonight. Mo was solid for a first night out. He kept things in front of him and was very stingy giving up separation.

I swear Cruz went over to his momma and complained about being bullied. Because he looked flat out scared to catch the ball for fear Church would come down hill and knock the Salsa out of him. I mean that is about as scared a receiver as I have seen in some time. But as is looks now Carr and Mo with Scandrick in the slot and Jenkins in reserve looks menacing.

Ware 2 sacks and Hatcher was really solid in holding the edge and getting a sack of his own.

I will tell you this. Carter the second round pick next to Lee is a baller and if you watch those two make decisions and get there, they are gonna be awesome. I mean no more TE's running free down the seam, no more swing passes out of the backfield for big gains. No more watching to old guys try desperately to get into position only to find out that ball has already past them and the TE is already in his TD dance before they get their hands up and realize the ball is in the air. It took a catch like Bennett's to beat them. I can live with that. Not an everyday grab.

Lee just amazes me with his decision making, I mean he reads and reacts like a damn robotic cyborg. Watch him sometime. He just seams to know what is going on as soon as the ball is snapped. Seriously, if Carter is anything like him mentally and preparation wise, these two are gonna be impossible to fool as they get to the ball quicker then Rob Ryan can get to the dinner table.

As far as the D line goes. They all did their jobs pretty well tonight.

I will tell you this fellas, the O line played about as bad as you can play in a road game. Smith had a terrible game. I will give the Oline a pass this week as I am sure they will get better.

Lastly, I loved the way they adjusted to the Giants D all game long. You wanna stop Ogletree, fine, we'll go to Austin, you wanna stop Austin fine we'll go to Bryant, you wanna stop the pass, fine will pound you with Murray. For once it was like a ballet all night.

Why in the heck did Murray turn inside when he had the sideline all to his self and Bryant as a wing-man. For all your great vision you've displayed so far, you must have gotten moth vision on that one as if the Giants Corners in full chase mode, were a cluster of lights and someone flipped the switch on. The only thing in your vision on that run should have been the goal line. I know I'm nit picking but my fantasy team could have used that TD.

All in all what a start to the season. Victory in the Opener, against the Giants, in their house. Not only that but waring that vaunted defense the F......K out by pounding the ball right at them. I believe Witten tripped on one of their tongues getting back to the huddle in the 4th quarter.

OH YEAH BABY.............. :tup: I feeeeeel good.......dadadadada.........da. I knew that I would now........dadadadada........da...I feel good....I feel good...........................cause I TOLD YOU........................WHAAAAOOOOOOW :headbang:

I tried not to be too unbearable fellas (to late huh) but if this D can do this week in and week out and Murray stays on the field. Oh your gonna get sick of me.......... :rofl:

Edited by Cowboyz1
  • Like 1

Well, just remember young man...science when used properly can be a wonderful thing solving countless mysteries, but in the hands of an idiot can cause massive loss of life and property.

So just remember to always wear safety glasses, never ever try to test how hot the bunsen burner flame is with your finger, and don't stick your test tube in your partners face and ask "have you ever seen it do this before?" :thinking:

Is "test tube" a euphemism?

It was the first time that I have had confidence that the Dallas D could make a stop in a long time. Cruz dropped a few no doubt but I havent seen CB play like that from Dallas in ages. A part of me always had that "They will lose in gut wrenching fashion" feeling even up 14 with 5 mins left but another part of me said this team seems a little different. The Penalties are same old same old for us and I agree with Blitz that you just cant consistently win with that many miscues. They played with some grit last night. I have said for years that a big part of what this team lacked is toughness. Last night I saw some nice hits and I saw enthusiasm . It is one game and I am thrilled as hell to win against the heated division foe on the road and now have the extra rest. I saw some of the bad habits and I saw some good new positive things. For Cowboys fans, if they stay hungry and can get the miscues under wraps we could have a nice year. If they continue to rack up penalties it will eventually bite them on the ass

Slip and Demo were awesome last night. Especially in the 2nd half. It was a very satisfying win :clap:

• Like 1

To all the cowboys fans - especially Cowboyz1

Congrats on one of the better games I have seen the cowboys play in a long time. As a giants fan it hurts me to say that but the better team won last night. If the cowboys and Romo play like they did last night all season long, they are going to be real tough to beat.

As for the giants, time to regroup and remember that last year was awesome but now it is down to business. A must win against Tampa bay is next.

Man, I've been waiting since February to see No Doubt perform their new single. This is so amazing, I wish they could play a few more tunes. Screw the game. Goodell really has his finger on the pulse of the NFL fan.

What does No Doubt performing have to do with Goodell. Do you think the NFL tells NBC what to do with the Kickoff program? Don't watch the pre-game if you don't want to see all that entertainment BS, just turn on the game coverage at 8:30.

I do agree on the national anthem, doesn't matter the style of the artist, many of them do it. I wish they'd just sing the song the way it was written/intended, and quit with all the embellishment meant to show us all what great singers they are. I consider it disrespectful to try and make the national anthem into your own song.